Cubase 6 vs Ableton Live 8 vs FL Studio 10

Cubase 6
59%
Ableton Live 8
41%

Total votes: 68

RELATED
PRODUCTS

You forgot the fish option. I'm spamming all the threads with my hate for reaper.

@FL pro studios: Why does that matter?

Farjad wrote:Well FL Studio Is Really Cool DAW
But I Don't See It In Any Pro Studios
It's kept hidden away, behind The Beams Interactive Music System.

TanX ghettosynth
And It's Not Matter Anymore Dear hibidy :)

Let's Make Cons & Pros Lists Of Cubase 6 , Ableton Live 8 & FL Studio 10 To See Opinions

Farjad wrote:TanX ghettosynth
And It's Not Matter Anymore Dear hibidy :)

Let's Make Cons & Pros Lists Of Cubase 6 , Ableton Live 8 & FL Studio 10 To See Opinions
Just use which one best suites you, each one has its own pros and cons.

@ Farjad: do u even read the replies? seems not.

@ murnau: Of Course I Did But U Didn't Answer My Question.

C'mon 4 Ex. JD Gaffe "each one has its own pros and cons."
I Know Each One Has It Just Say It If U Using Cubase Or Whatever Which Features Are Your Favorites And Which Ones U Hate...

Farjad wrote:Well FL Studio Is Really Cool DAW
But I Don't See It In Any Pro Studios
Of Course!
GREAT people make GREAT mistakes as well....

Or

It's like asking bodybuilders if they EVER used steroids...... Who me? No way...... Sure :roll:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I seriously don't know what a pro studio is.

Is it somewhere people pay to record their music? If so, there's your answer. FL simply isn't as well suited to multitrack recording of bands as some other DAWs.

But if you define a pro studio as a place where someone who makes money from their music makes their own music, you'll see FL in plenty of places. I mean, how many people, especially in the dance music world, are paying for studio time these days when they've got everything they need at home? The whole concept of a 'pro studio' where you pay to go into a place with racks and racks of hardware is all but irrelevant in the electronic music world, and it has been for some time.

liquidsound wrote: It's like asking bodybuilders if they EVER used steroids...... Who me? No way...... Sure :roll:
:lol: Good Point

@cron: Well That's Convincing.
TanX :X

I love mixing in Cubase, it's bar none my favorite DAW for that.

I love composing with Maschine, it provides the hands-on control, the real-time arranging, the step sequencer, and the loop-centric composing that Cubase is not so strong at.

Most of all, I love that I can load Maschine as a plug-in into Cubase to literally get the best of both world.

Farjad wrote:@ murnau: Of Course I Did But U Didn't Answer My Question.
yes i did: i wrote in my 1. post what cron tell you then in detail.

Farjad wrote:TanX 4 Replies.

Well I Don't Use Any Loops And I Love To Use Drums On Drum Machines Specially The One In Cubase (GAO). Also The Sampler In Live Is So Cool Too. But The Seq Step In Fl Is Really Easy To Use And Fast Than The Others.
I Do My Mixes In Cubase Anyway But I Wanna Know Is It Ok To Make Beats In Cubase?
What DAW Does Pro Use?
Well Who's Gonna Make Beats In Cubase?
Cubase has a good piano roll/midi edit window...whatever. You will not have any trouble programming drums at all. You can do a separate channel for every sample or put everything in one channel. I've just been checking out Ableton too, and the piano roll is good there too...you know...just different. The thing about Cubase is, I feel like I have to move things around too much (the plugins/effects, mixer window). I guess there are worse problems... :lol:

Hmmmmmmmmm. Well, since I bought ableton live suite with a free upgrade to 9 recently, I guess I'll vote FL studio.

cron wrote:I seriously don't know what a pro studio is.

Is it somewhere people pay to record their music? If so, there's your answer. FL simply isn't as well suited to multitrack recording of bands as some other DAWs.

But if you define a pro studio as a place where someone who makes money from their music makes their own music, you'll see FL in plenty of places. I mean, how many people, especially in the dance music world, are paying for studio time these days when they've got everything they need at home? The whole concept of a 'pro studio' where you pay to go into a place with racks and racks of hardware is all but irrelevant in the electronic music world, and it has been for some time.
You have a good point. There are plenty of great sounding tracks out on Traxsource and Soundcloud made with the major three or four DAWs, with help probably, from the labels mastering houses. I'm talking deep/tech house and some things close to that...I can't speak for that electro... :P

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”