Reason 6.5 - Any new workflow features, or just RE?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the Props should be aware, most of their customers use other hosts too. i (and a lot of other peeps, i suppose)can't buy everything again (and i don't want). the only way to milk the cow again, is to make it fairly cheap. if it was 5 years ago, well ... , but now we're overequipped. look at the kvr marketplace. i only buy stuff now, after having sold something.

:party:

to do some cable fun is the only reason, why i'm excited about some extra stuff in Reason. Sugarbytes' Stepsequencer e.g.
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:the Props should be aware, most of their customers use other hosts too.
I'm sure that they're keenly aware of that.
i (and a lot of other peeps, i suppose)can't buy everything again (and i don't want).
Why would you? Buy what you need for however you use reason. I doubt that you'll be able to buy everything anyway. Reaktor, for example, is probably not coming to reason anytime soon.
the only way to milk the cow again, is to make it fairly cheap.
Or to make the environment compelling enough that you switch.
if it was 5 years ago, well ... , but now we're overequipped. look at the kvr marketplace. i only buy stuff now, after having sold something.
I suspect that they expect this to be very popular with died in the wool reason users. People with high switching costs won't consider it for some time yet.

This is a long term play for Props, I think that it's a good move. I'd like to see other vendors provide similar SDKs, e.g. Ableton.

Ableton needed it. 90% of 'my' crashes happen, when i load or unload vst or au plug ins.

i did almost everything in Reason once, but now i'm accustomed to Live's workflow and the only thing that gets me back to Reason, are the cables.
"It dreamed itself along"

If Someone adds a live'ish RE instrument to reason .... Clipbased loopplaying etc ... would make things interesting :)
:hug:

mellotronaut wrote:Ableton needed it. 90% of 'my' crashes happen, when i load or unload vst or au plug ins.

i did almost everything in Reason once, but now i'm accustomed to Live's workflow and the only thing that gets me back to Reason, are the cables.
Yeah, the stability of Reason is something i took for granted back when i was using V. 2.5-3. Reason is absolutely bulletproof; i think i've had only a few crashes in five years. Logic pro crashes nearly every week for me, and Ableton is a bit unstable when it comes to VSTs.

Reason ran on my crappy computer back in the day, and never-ever crashed. For this i am kinda eternally grateful, even if i have since moved on.

mellotronaut wrote:Ableton needed it. 90% of 'my' crashes happen, when i load or unload vst or au plug ins.

Absolutely. VSTs don't crash live for me very often, but, I really like the visual layout of the ableton plugins and usually take the time to map rack controls to plugins and use the rack-wrapped-vsts as opposed to the vsts directly.

I think that the ability to create a live-style synth or interface for an existing synth is the best feature of MFL, but, it's still cumbersome, an SDK would be the way to go.

I wish you could browse and audition patches and effects in live before loading them. like in reason.

A pic I saw on Twitter earlier today from Audiorealism: something called ABL2. I assume that means Audio Base Line 2 (the patch name gives it away too):

Alright!!!!

bmrzycki wrote:A pic I saw on Twitter earlier today from Audiorealism: something called ABL2. I assume that means Audio Base Line 2 (the patch name gives it away too):
Looks nice, I think that this is really going to be a game changer for Reason.

Hope there'll be a sequencer to match... :)

Crackbaby wrote:Hope there'll be a sequencer to match... :)
from AudioRealism facebook:
It does not contain a built-in sequencer, but works great with Reason's Matrix Pattern Sequencer!

Some great stuff being announced for RE...when is 6.5 being released...I was hoping this week! :cry:
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

mellotronaut wrote:the Props should be aware, most of their customers use other hosts too. i (and a lot of other peeps, i suppose)can't buy everything again (and i don't want). the only way to milk the cow again, is to make it fairly cheap. if it was 5 years ago, well ... , but now we're overequipped. look at the kvr marketplace. i only buy stuff now, after having sold something.

:party:

to do some cable fun is the only reason, why i'm excited about some extra stuff in Reason. Sugarbytes' Stepsequencer e.g.
That is exactly what I'm thinking. Depending on how things look with what is available soon with RE and prices, I may be selling off Reason and adding a few plugins to Reaper. I just saw a price of $69 for a pitchshifter RE, and I think that is indicative of how things are going to go for me.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”