Reason 6.5 - Any new workflow features, or just RE?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was wondering if anyone knows if there will be any changes or enhancements to Reason workflow in the 6.5 update. I understand about the Rack Extensions, but was hoping there might be other changes such as MIDI out or punch in/out recording for audio.

I've checked the site but don't see any mention of changes like this. Not that it's not a biggie, but is RE the only change in 6.5?
Music is something you DO. Spend time, not money.
http://www.myspace.com/skipkent
http://soundcloud.com/skipkent

Not 100% sure but I think it is basically RE...somebody rectify if I'm wrong :wink:
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

Any idea when it's being officially released?
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

from what i've heard from bata testers it's just RE.

Basically just RE. I hear the Tool Window has been dressed up a little and given a new "creative effects" category, presumably to give space to REs.

the tone ranger wrote:from what i've heard from bata testers it's just RE.
Whats a bata tester? :dog:

did you mean beta tester? :smack:

(only messing, couldnt resist) :wheee: :wheee: :wheee:

the tone ranger wrote:from what i've heard from bata testers it's just RE.
Just wondering, are you any relation to the lone ranger, and if so could you get me his autograph please :pray: :pray:

Just a nitpick, but it would seem to me that rack extensions are a massive workflow feature.

Robert Randolph wrote:Just a nitpick, but it would seem to me that rack extensions are a massive workflow feature.
RE don't change nothing in workflow. It's basically new effects and instruments from 3rd party. You still work in reason absolutely same as you used to. Nothing new (apart from opening to 3rd party devs) AFAIK.

If anything RE is massive sonic territory for Reason.

kmonkey wrote:Reason 6.5 has no changes to its workflow.
I have signed an NDA so I cannot say much except that this statement is incorrect.

Robert Randolph wrote:Just a nitpick, but it would seem to me that rack extensions are a massive workflow feature.
You're both correct, really. Just the three RE's Props have announced would keep the community busy for years. But hey, if someone's hoping for drastically improved sequencer functionality or something like Live's clip launching or beatslicing workflow enhancements without Recycle (all valid IMO), better luck next time. My hope is that the open format frees them to take on a few fundamental arrangement enhancements in their characteristically awesome way.

[quote My hope is that the open format frees them to take on a few fundamental arrangement enhancements in their characteristically awesome way.[/quote]

Well said,the props are being very fair with first audio import and now RE,every credit to them
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

Someone could just code a minihost Re plugin and open it up completely - I doubt they would allow that though

aMUSEd wrote:Someone could just code a minihost Re plugin and open it up completely - I doubt they would allow that though
MUX (Coming soon as a VST) from MuLab it's just about that and it would be great to be in RE. Is a super Combinator if you will...
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

anyone know if the rack extensions will include instruments? I have only seen effects being announced.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”