Can this really be Steinberg?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I got my Cubase 6.5 artist package.

The documents don't exactly make me feel like a dear valued customer, but rather as a potential thief. Which I am not.

The software is not 6.5 but 6

During installation the eLicenser cannot validate my request because the version is too old. I download the newest one but because CB is installing it cannot be run.

I finally manage to install 6, update that eLicenser and can activate my copy.

I get a message that I may upgrade to 6.5 because of a grace period. 6.5 is clearly mentioned on my box. So I go to the page, my eL key is accepted and I may indeed upgrade. All I have to do is follow the link.
Which I do, and I'm taken to a 404 error "the page does not exist"

So I create a mySteinbergt account and want to ask on the forum, but my username is not accepted. I check, and it *is* correct. I try again. Not accepted.

Is this indeed *the* Steinberg company? I have installed many apps, Adobe's 2D, 3D, music... but I never experienced such an amateurish paranoia.

I hope that once I get that 6.5 dld link ( can I use it before that? Will it remember its settings?) the software will prove to be of a much higher level than this junkyard.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

ErikH wrote: Is this indeed *the* Steinberg company?
Yes. You have been assimilated, so it's probably in your best interest to stop questioning Steinberg's authority. :borg:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

And i never had a problem with installing and registering my Steinberg software (i own 3 different softwares from them). :shrug:

Btw, their support is 1st class. In case of a problem, and i see you seem to have a lot, just contact them and you will be sorted, i'm sure.

Yeah, I find Steinberg is all over the place lately with their online sales/upgrade. Just try figuring out how to buy Cubase from Steinberg in Canada; you'll be led in circles to different sites, with no clear answer. I'm not surprised.

But I'm sure Steinberg support will sort you out, since you don't have to deal with the Steinberg Canada guy (who is half-literate and useless). Still, it seems inexcusable.

Indeed, it's hallucinating. They automatically changed my license to 6.5 but then lead me to a link to download that does hnot exist, I can't find a link to post on the forum, I don't know whether I can even tryo out 6 (because the license is 6.5) and whether it'll keep eventual settings.
I have installed tough birds, but this exceeds my worst nightmares.

ErikH wrote:Indeed, it's hallucinating. They automatically changed my license to 6.5 but then lead me to a link to download that does hnot exist, I can't find a link to post on the forum, I don't know whether I can even tryo out 6 (because the license is 6.5) and whether it'll keep eventual settings.
I have installed tough birds, but this exceeds my worst nightmares.
Can't you just install the 6.0 version from your disks, then download the update from "Downloads"? You don't have to be in "My Steinberg" to download the official update.

The 6.5.1 updater is only 11MB. The upgrade to 6.5 is 700+MB. So I guess I first have to upgrade 6 to 6.5 and then install the update to 6.5.1...

Thanks for the suggestion though!

I got Sequel LE with my Zoom G3 and i gave up after an hour of trying to get eLicencer working..... :x You follow all the steps and expect it to work, right?
With all the top security megasecret handshake madness you could hope the program would update itself with the click of a button...
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:I got Sequel LE with my Zoom G3 and i gave up after an hour of trying to get eLicencer working..... :x You follow all the steps and expect it to work, right?
Uhh... yeah if you want the hackers and pirates to figure out how eLicenser works. Duh! :roll:

If it flat out doesn't work for anybody, then… well... it can't really be cracked, can it now? I think they call it "security by lack of functionality" or something.

:lol:

OK. Must say that Steinberg are very helpful and that the problems I met have been handled, located and will be fixed very soon now. And I did get a good solution to be able to continue.

I was not satisfied at all, and my intial disappointment turned into anger. But now I am happy once again, thanks to the forum people.

I'm really surprised. I've never had any issues with Steinberg. I have dozens of their software and 3 elicenser sticks. All working perfectly.
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

I agree that it is quite amateurish by Steinberg to still supply old CDs with 6.0 (they even mention this on the website; at least on the german one) and then force the customer to download 700MB for the actual version.
C'mon, guys, this is a 300 Euro software, and you can't add a fresh CD? Laughable!

The other problems are either inherent to the system (dongle), or user failure.

Georg

n.m., redundant now.

ErikH wrote:So I got my Cubase 6.5 artist package.

The documents don't exactly make me feel like a dear valued customer, but rather as a potential thief. Which I am not.

The software is not 6.5 but 6

During installation the eLicenser cannot validate my request because the version is too old. I download the newest one but because CB is installing it cannot be run.

I finally manage to install 6, update that eLicenser and can activate my copy.

I get a message that I may upgrade to 6.5 because of a grace period. 6.5 is clearly mentioned on my box. So I go to the page, my eL key is accepted and I may indeed upgrade. All I have to do is follow the link.
Which I do, and I'm taken to a 404 error "the page does not exist"

So I create a mySteinbergt account and want to ask on the forum, but my username is not accepted. I check, and it *is* correct. I try again. Not accepted.

Is this indeed *the* Steinberg company? I have installed many apps, Adobe's 2D, 3D, music... but I never experienced such an amateurish paranoia.

I hope that once I get that 6.5 dld link ( can I use it before that? Will it remember its settings?) the software will prove to be of a much higher level than this junkyard.
Sorry, can't resist.
Just wait what happens when you use the software.
Never had a Daw in my life that kills so much of my music just in the middle of progress as cubase 6.

I had cubase vst 5 jeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars ago.
It was rock sold. But versions after that............puh......

GeorgK wrote:I agree that it is quite amateurish by Steinberg to still supply old CDs with 6.0 (they even mention this on the website; at least on the german one) and then force the customer to download 700MB for the actual version.
C'mon, guys, this is a 300 Euro software, and you can't add a fresh CD? Laughable!

The other problems are either inherent to the system (dongle), or user failure.

Georg
I assume it was because the dealer still had the 6.0 version. I bet the stores here in Vancouver still have Cubase 6.0, if it's in stock.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”