Steinberg's Cubase user survey

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

We at Steinberg are continuously striving to improve our products and services. To find out more about the internet connections of our customers, we have put together a brief online survey. The survey on the topic "Internet access" is short and easy to complete. Your time and feedback is much appreciated.

Participate in the survey now!
http://steinberginternet.questionpro.com/
Carlos M. Rohde
Cubase product marketing manager at Steinberg
Hamburg, Germany
www.steinberg.net

So, no DVDs in future versions and possible internet activation being added to an already copy-protection heavy product?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Hi Carlos, let me be clear...

If this is about purchasing a downloadable Cubase version in future, that's fine, happy to download 10GB or more.

If this is a move to licencing for permanently-on internet access, I will not be upgrading again... (it's your "is your DAW online" question that worries me here)

Hey Carlos, just an FYI, but when I filled it out yesterday the U.S. wasn't listed in the country list. Not sure if that's a relevant thing or not.

Thanks.

LawrenceF wrote:Hey Carlos, just an FYI, but when I filled it out yesterday the U.S. wasn't listed in the country list. Not sure if that's a relevant thing or not.

Thanks.
From Twitter a few hours ago:
"@Steinberg: Dear customers, the survey has been corrected and you can now chose USA. Please try again! http://steinberginternet.questionpro.com :-)"

Cheers
Dennis

Always-on-DAW could never work for a professional level product. Could you imagine being in a studio, having paid for a week of their time, and their internet connection going down (it happens!). You'd be sitting there like a lemon.

No problem downloading big files for future products,
but having to have the daw always connected in order to work sounds like a bad idea.
I hope they don't take that route.

If customers have to download large file sets, they should be broken into a set of smaller files and be easy to download using download accelerators i.e. in segments (eg DownThemAll extension to Firefox allows 10 simultaneous segments per file).

Some of the lamer file serving sites treat use of download accelerators as many attepmts to download a single file and tell the user their link has expired if they have to resume the download (!).

If you are going to do this, do it right.

fandango wrote:Hi Carlos, let me be clear...

If this is about purchasing a downloadable Cubase version in future, that's fine, happy to download 10GB or more.

If this is a move to licencing for permanently-on internet access, I will not be upgrading again... (it's your "is your DAW online" question that worries me here)
+1
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Wow, I was considering switching to Cubase at some point, from Sonar, but if they go the online only route . . . same reason I did not buy Diablo 3 :P
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

~Aldous Huxley

Surely they cant do this. This would mean I cant take my laptop to the countryside/beachfront and work. Very rarely do these remote locations have internet access. After all, this is the reason they're popular as getaway's.

Done!
Just a detail: my DAW is sometimes connected to the internet. So I filled in "no".

fandango wrote:If this is a move to licencing for permanently-on internet access, I will not be upgrading again... (it's your "is your DAW online" question that worries me here)
I don't see a single hint of this in the survey. For me, it's clearly about moving to downloadable versions and nothing more. If they were thinking of a cloud Cubase the questions would be more complex and more specific.

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
LawrenceF wrote:Hey Carlos, just an FYI, but when I filled it out yesterday the U.S. wasn't listed in the country list. Not sure if that's a relevant thing or not.

Thanks.
From Twitter a few hours ago:
"@Steinberg: Dear customers, the survey has been corrected and you can now chose USA. Please try again! http://steinberginternet.questionpro.com :-)"
So that was not a hint of things to come, after all. :hihi:

standalone wrote:
fandango wrote:If this is a move to licencing for permanently-on internet access, I will not be upgrading again... (it's your "is your DAW online" question that worries me here)
I don't see a single hint of this in the survey. For me, it's clearly about moving to downloadable versions and nothing more. If they were thinking of a cloud Cubase the questions would be more complex and more specific.
Agreed.

Guess I should have completed the survey before running my mouth :oops:
It's very quick and painless.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”