Steinberg's Cubase user survey

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thunda only happens when it's raining.........playas only love you when theya playin..........

Oh the 80s...

lightsfadelow wrote:Oh the 80s...
:dog:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumours

Well I listened to it in the 80s...

:hihi:

:borg: Maybe not just yet. But it's coming. . . :borg:

I do not have a hard on for the Cloud. then again.. I don't like dating Needy women either. The cloud concept from one angle..reminds me of a un trusting needy woman.

I have no idea what I just said. carry on

Mushy Mushy wrote:
fandango wrote:Hi Carlos, let me be clear...

If this is about purchasing a downloadable Cubase version in future, that's fine, happy to download 10GB or more.

If this is a move to licencing for permanently-on internet access, I will not be upgrading again... (it's your "is your DAW online" question that worries me here)
+1
+2
"Let us wander through a great modern city with our ears more alert than our eyes..." Luigi Russolo, 1913

memyselfandus wrote:I do not have a hard on for the Cloud. then again.. I don't like dating Needy women either. The cloud concept from one angle..reminds me of a un trusting needy woman.

Only if the cloud is used as a copy protection method, which a lot of people jumped to the conclusion it was without any real evidence to suggest that was the case.

If, on the other hand, the cloud enhances your experience by providing features that could have never existed offline, then the analogy doesn't hold true at all.

The only feature I want Steinberg to add to their next release of Cubase is rock solid, unwavering, reliability out of the box.
"Let us wander through a great modern city with our ears more alert than our eyes..." Luigi Russolo, 1913

I don't have a problem with stability on win7 with Cubase 6. Rock solid. (shrug)

lightsfadelow wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:I do not have a hard on for the Cloud. then again.. I don't like dating Needy women either. The cloud concept from one angle..reminds me of a un trusting needy woman.

Only if the cloud is used as a copy protection method, which a lot of people jumped to the conclusion it was without any real evidence to suggest that was the case.

If, on the other hand, the cloud enhances your experience by providing features that could have never existed offline, then the analogy doesn't hold true at all.
True

if.. will depend on the company I guess. or what it's for. Lots of good will come from it for sure.

If they would make the LE versions bundled with hardware, always fully
upgradable to the latest LE version, via download, I would buy a good hardware that
includes Cubase.

That would mean some work on their end, but would promote confidence for
buyers who would maintain value, rather than lose it, over time.
Cheers.

buyers
install
the
winning
instrument
gear

TM :wink:

well not to feed the trope o' fear about the internet-only thing, but I'd rather not have the internet as a dongle. I love my dongle! It's nice and blue and solid.

I said yes to 'is your DAW connected to the internet' but in fact half of it us, and not the Cubase half, which is on a machine with no airport card even. But by cloud technology, dropbox, since the two are connected by LAN gigabit it's not far from being connected.

I have zero interest in working a DAW online, I don't even see the point of it except to 'collaborate online', which has no use for me and seems trivial. "Remote sessions" after some emails works very well thanks, with no added latency off of internet bandwidth.
Last edited by jancivil on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

I would be happy if they offered a online only "demo" try out for people without a dongle. Maybe that is what they are thinking about offering?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”