Steinberg's Cubase user survey

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I agree with you that they might do anything, nothing is impossible. Just not sure why there's so much negativity when we don't yet know what they're thinking... and there are many more potentially positive possibilities to those questions.

Anyway, I agree. Anything is possible. Thanks.

the only inference I drew is download size is something they want to get a read on.

egbert wrote: Some of the lamer file serving sites treat use of download accelerators as many attepmts to download a single file and tell the user their link has expired if they have to resume the download (!).
They ARE multiple download attempts. That's how download accelerators work.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

That's it? That's all the wanted? I actually thought they wanted to know something important :lol:

And here I was wanting to mention their support and a certain person over at cubase.not :hihi:

hibidy wrote:And here I was wanting to mention their support and a certain person over at cubase.not :hihi:
Well, nobody can say that we didn't tell them. :)

Steinberg's inertia vs ROTW's momentum... a fitting nomenclature indeed.

As a Cubase user I would love for them to survey us more often for our preferences. I can imagine lots of uses for a connected DAW question but of all the things I want Cubase 7 to be, this is low on my priority list.

Although I gave quite favorable answers to that I do not buy products that need to be connected to the internet.

I like easy copy protection systems, that is so much the case that I dont even tried cubase yet.

Cloud computing. It's coming. You can't stop it. No use complaining. :borg:

Those complaining about internet dropouts are forgetting that in order to use any of this stuff we need electricity and occasionally that drops out too. . . :-o

Steinberg isn't foolish enough to require the DAW be connected to the internet to run all the features it has now. It seems that they are contemplating both downloadable delivery and also maybe new features that could only be conceived for a connected DAW, such as workflow/project sharing. Also, they may be thinking about a scenario where purchased content (e.g., Halion instruments) is sold and updated automatically over the internet.

Online only ??????????????

Why?

If it has to do with copyright protection, well, nobody is more in favour of copyright protection than I am, but "online only" is bizarre and a certain way to lose a lot of business.

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys... you are totally jumping to conclusions. The survey says NOTHING about making a product that only functions online.

lightsfadelow wrote:STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys... you are totally jumping to conclusions. The survey says NOTHING about making a product that only functions online.

Well then, who started that vicious rumour?

:shock:

lightsfadelow wrote:STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lockheart wrote:

Well then, who started that vicious rumour?

:shock:
No rumor. just Speculation

Speculation or jumping to wild conclusions?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”