Per note automation like in Bitwig studio also in Reaper?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Imagining things we see and hear on a daily basis is more commonly called remembering.
Coming up with innovations just by remembering is quite a challenge! :phones:

A guitar in the hand of a capable player is certainly very cool. Violins also. And pianos, clarinettes and to an extent mouth harps, too, no doubt. (Even though even those and their numerous iterations had to be imagined by somebody at some point. Probably an invention like a violin would be really hard to establish in today's world - people would likely call the inventor crazy, coming up with something so unergonomic, compromise-ridden and difficult to learn.)
But here at KVR it can't hurt to show some sympathy and admiration for the expressive power of synths and controllers that help to bring this expressibility to life. Aren't we all believers? :pray: :clown:

dalor wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:14 am I could be wrong but from what I remember both host AND only VST3 plugin need to support this. Cubase 6 and it's internal synths do this - someone please confirm.
In fact no, it's perfectly doable with VST2.4. There's a video at Youtube to show it, but I don't have it handy.
Nearly all of my experience with it has been w. Equator hosted in VE Pro, which does not host VST3 anything.
Doing it in an instrument which does not support the 16-channel in one instantiation implementation of eg., Equator, say in Kontakt requires making copies, in a multi and the number of channels needed. And there's a tute on Youtube for that.
:)

I used to read stuff like this and believe it. Yes, it was implemented in Cubendo beginning at the 6.5 version and is part of the VST3.5 protocol but the instrument doesn't have to be.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”