Reason fanboy's thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys
I just thought we really are in need of an alternative to those mean, vulgar, degrading and primitive Reasons threads that have been haunting KVR for a while now. This is a thread for Reasons lovers. Frankly I think there so much to love that I don' t know where to begin. So I will let you start the party and chime in when something comes to mind.

And of course this thread is not for Reason trashers. Please stay out of it. You know who you are :D
Last edited by IncarnateX on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

but where is the fun of that, you should rename it reason fanboys thread

PS_ I use reason 6 and really do like it if only for the kong drum designer, delay and ssl mixer. Plus thor,scream...

I was positively surprised when I found that I can feedback on sends. You know, this dangerous 'thing' the other hosts trying to protect us against.

Also automation clips, if I remember correctly only Mulab and FL also have them, probably Bitwig, too.

Trakstar wrote:but where is the fun of that, you should rename it reason fanboys thread
Okay!

You can build a quite complex FM synth with several Thor and the Combinator but I can easily get lost
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

You just changed the Topic Subject :cry:
Too late, I posted already :oops:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

IBTL
:hihi:

bluedad wrote:IBTL
LOL :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Oh no a Reason fanboi thread. Everyone who uses Reason and don't bitch about it are fanboyz. Same with everyone who uses a Mac and enjoys it.

Seriously. Why does Propellerhead have such a bad rep here? Reason is what it is and some people like the unique workflow.
There're loads of reasons why I love Reason like the simple samplers that actually samples, hitting tab in the rack, the giant mixer, drOctoRex, Regroove, Polar and Malstrøm. I especially like how the environment made learn and appreciate few devices and focus on the music.

I didnt think it would catch on but is sounds quite good actually :hihi:

In reason 3 I used to like racking lots of maelstroms together to make a filter bank especially modulating the comb filters with the gated Lfos, plus the mod wheel routings for the combis really enabled some pretty fancy instruments when you combined them all, and with the option of audio in you could build some pretty fantastic FX units. Also used to like making Combiskins for the dynamics processors.

Yesterday I learned to control the voice synth with the matrix pattern sequencer, which made me able to totally change the melody of an imported vocal line. That was pretty cool.

Another thing I love is the inbuild stereo widener in each of the mixer's pan. I have not seen this since good old Computer Muzys but it is indeed a feature that makes a difference when mixing. Of course there are always stereo wideners as plug-in but they do not provide the immediate and intuitive access as build in wideners do.

Oh such pleasures for a fan-boy :love:

IncarnateX wrote:I just thought we really are in need of an alternative to those mean, vulgar, degrading and primitive Reasons threads that have been haunting KVR for a while now.
Somene had to do it. Good on ya ;) Adding my love for Reason XXX

It's amazing the response any kind of change/update to Reason tends to get on forums. Of course RE represents one of the biggest changes in Reason's long, colourful history. So I think it's no surprise we are seeing such heated, passionate (bordering on OCD) response from the community and beyond! A lot of the arguments I'm seeing seem to be fleshed out from people's own opinion about where Propellerheads are going with this as opposed to any matter of fact about what is happening. It's early days so nobody can really know or predict how this is going to pan out, but it doesn't stop people from trying. Everyone's an expert on the subject of course, so round and round we go! A lot of the arguments levelled at Reason are the same arguments that are aimed at everything else - for example, RE's cannot be resold/have no resale value. This one comes up in the software V hardware debate - software has no resale value, expires on newer systems, doesn't work on new OS. Hardware value holds.

Anyway, I reserve judgement until we see how this pans out. I don't want to be drawn into the current pointless and circular arguments and debate going on right now. It's a waste of time. As a Reason user who thinks RE's are the best thing that has happened to Reason I'm anxious to see this work ......

....... Just a real shame this came at the worse possible time for me. 6.5 came out 2 weeks before we emigrated to Australia. All my equipment had been shipped a month before and we've spent all our money on the move. So I have no computer to use Reason on (iPad only for me right now) and little money to buy any of those more expensive RE's I want to get hold of. Very frustrating for me. But as soon we get set-up I'm spending a few hundred pounds ..... Sorry, Aussie dollars, on RE's ;)

so now we could call you Fanboy73 :)

Trakstar wrote:so now we could call you Fanboy73 :)
No, I couldn't possibly do that. The administration costs to get all my stationary and business cards remade would be better spent on RE's ;) On the other hand I'd say using Reason is a quasi-religious experience in the World of software, so the name would be quite well suited.
Last edited by Dogboy73 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluedad wrote:IBTL

Can you synchronize locking all the threads simultaneously?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”