Reason fanboy's thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not using Reason yet, but something as cool as the Panorama for just $499 with moving faders made me want to get one.

Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc wrote:I'm not using Reason yet, but something as cool as the Panorama for just $499 with moving faders made me want to get one.

Are all the faders morotorised or just that big one on the left?

Dogboy73 wrote:Are all the faders morotorised or just that big one on the left?
Just the one. Theres a video about it all on the DV247.com website which I found quite explanatory.
ZZZzzZZzz..zz....zzzzz
My SoundCloud

JD Gaffe wrote:http://iamgaffe.com/plane22.mp3

I bought Reason a couple weeks ago, started this thing last Sunday on a plane flight. First real thing I've made in Reason, I think it sounds neat.

I don't really know how the mix is, being away from home all I had were my closed back headphones.

Let me know what you guys think!
Good work here...thanks for sharing!!
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

crystalmsc wrote:I'm not using Reason yet, but something as cool as the Panorama for just $499 with moving faders made me want to get one.

I could go as far as reconsidering my mobile approach to making music because of this one. A good "Reason" to stay in the studio. :)

Agreed. So anyway, back on topic:

I highly recommend Nektar's Panorama P4 for anyone who is using Reason on a regular basis - its integration is truly astounding. Also, if anyone is using an iPad, I can wholeheartedly recommend ReTouchDUO as an awesome wireless touch-screen controller. It's like holding the future incarnate in your hands! Setting it up is a little wanky, but once you're going it's awesome.

EnochLight wrote:It's like holding the future incarnate in your hands! Setting it up is a little wanky, but once you're going it's awesome.
Oh Dear. I babble on about using my iPad and Reason in conjunction and haven't even thought of this :dog:
Thanks a lot for the temptation. I AM going to try this for sure. Hope I eventually will have time to make music with Reason too.

IncarnateX wrote:
EnochLight wrote:It's like holding the future incarnate in your hands! Setting it up is a little wanky, but once you're going it's awesome.
Oh Dear. I babble on about using my iPad and Reason in conjunction and haven't even thought of this :dog:
Thanks a lot for the temptation. I AM going to try this for sure. Hope I eventually will have time to make music with Reason too.
Now I'm really tempted. :shock:
Barry

IncarnateX wrote:
Let me know what you think. Things of note: you'll purchase TouchOSC as an iPad app separate; ReTouchDUO is a collection of Reason-specific TouchOSC templates and a companion app that runs on your Mac/PC to allow you to control Reason wirelessly.

The wanky setup is just adding all of the TouchOSC/ReTouchDUO templates to Reason as control surfaces (literally, like... dozens of manual adding).. and then always remembering to start the apps in the proper order. Again, just a little wanky initial setup, but once you're going - it's totally worth it.

Also, if you're on 64-bit PC, then you have to purchase a separate MIDI loopback app. Still, a lot cheaper than other solutions altogether.

I was wondering when someone would mention this thing? Almost a "reason" to buy Reason. Although that does up the anti another $500. I'd like to test it though and check out the kybd.

looks cool!

EnochLight wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
Let me know what you think. Things of note: you'll purchase TouchOSC as an iPad app separate; ReTouchDUO is a collection of Reason-specific TouchOSC templates and a companion app that runs on your Mac/PC to allow you to control Reason wirelessly.

The wanky setup is just adding all of the TouchOSC/ReTouchDUO templates to Reason as control surfaces (literally, like... dozens of manual adding).. and then always remembering to start the apps in the proper order. Again, just a little wanky initial setup, but once you're going - it's totally worth it.

Also, if you're on 64-bit PC, then you have to purchase a separate MIDI loopback app. Still, a lot cheaper than other solutions altogether.
I'd love to hear how that goes as well....

@enoch..so there was no batch processing?
Barry

I'm getting a little android tablet later on - do you think those controls would scale well down from the iPads 10" screen to a 7" screen? podgy fingers aren't an issue...
ZZZzzZZzz..zz....zzzzz
My SoundCloud

Anyone using Balance with reason in Windows? If so, how's it been working out for ya?

THERE CAN NO LONGER BE ANY DOUBT ABOUT IT:

REASON

IS

THE

FUTURE

GOODBYE LOGIC, PROTOOLS, SONAR, CUBASE, LIVE, REAPER AND THE REST. GOODBYE VST WORLD.

TOMORROW BELONGS TO US!!!!!!!

MUAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”