Reason fanboy's thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

YES!! essential stuff like this should be available soon! any word on Reason 7?

One of the draws of Reason to me is the fact that developers actually get rewarded, as in their stuff is not illegally hacked.

If I was a dev and I could make enough money on RE's then I don't see why I would bother with VST anymore.

Now I don't know what Synapse-Audio will do, but so far their new synths is just on Reason, I expect them to release a VSTi but at the same time I would not at all be surprised if we see more and more programs developed only for Reason, if it takes off enough.

THE drawback is every penny you spend in Reason stays in Reason, you can never get it back because they do not allow you to sell your RE's. I think this is a huge problem and while it's true that you go in with your eyes open the principle is wrong imo.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:One of the draws of Reason to me is the fact that developers actually get rewarded, as in their stuff is not illegally hacked.

If I was a dev and I could make enough money on RE's then I don't see why I would bother with VST anymore.

Now I don't know what Synapse-Audio will do, but so far their new synths is just on Reason, I expect them to release a VSTi but at the same time I would not at all be surprised if we see more and more programs developed only for Reason, if it takes off enough.

THE drawback is every penny you spend in Reason stays in Reason, you can never get it back because they do not allow you to sell your RE's. I think this is a huge problem and while it's true that you go in with your eyes open the principle is wrong imo.
I think it is possible to move your license to another user. I think I saw some kind of option to do that when I logged into propellerheads website.

I really like the rack extension concept. It is a bit "closed" but hey.. it works really good. I think Propellerheads looked a lot at apple and their App store. This is pretty similar actually.

ez all ( 1st post.... )

reason needs a spectrum analyzer...

ive got a combinator patch that runs through a vocoder/eq with number marks relating to Hz which shows you a visual representation but the detail is a little vague. its good enough to get by, though a more detailed RE would be greatly received.

i started producing on hardware so reason just made more sense visually. a lot of big producers use it. no one has ever pulled my music up saying they dont like it as it was made in reason. if i told people i wrote in cubase no one would know the difference so it dont really matter. people gonna hate regardless. their loss ;)

Now that Reason has midi out, internal audio slicing etc. there is really no excuse for selling all your other stuff and buy Reason instead is there?

IncarnateX wrote:Now that Reason has midi out, internal audio slicing etc. there is really no excuse for selling all your other stuff and buy Reason instead is there?
But more to the point, why would people want to swap over to Reason? Great workflow, sure, but it would be a huge deal for anyone currently invested in another platform.

Cost is a huge factor too - for just £415 you could buy NI KOMPLETE 9, which includes 33 instruments/effects with over 12,000 sounds and 120GB of samples... all the instruments can be run standalone on stage, as plugins in any major music software host, and using Maschine/etc.

What will £415 buy you in Propellerhead's RE Store...??

And yes actually - there's a lot of reasons that many musicians and producers would not want or be able to do that - almost total lack of top end professional sample libraries being top of a list that also includes no video support, no scoring, no PDC, no freeze, still quite basic editing, limited compatibility with other studios, etc.

headquest wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:Now that Reason has midi out, internal audio slicing etc. there is really no excuse for selling all your other stuff and buy Reason instead is there?
Cost is a huge factor too - for just £415 you could buy NI KOMPLETE 9, which includes 33 instruments/effects with over 12,000 sounds and 120GB of samples... all the instruments can be run standalone on stage, as plugins in any major music software host, and using Maschine/etc.
I agree. I was actually considering buying Reason, but ended up buying K9 (Going to use with Reaper) instead, because it made more sense price-content wise.

There is. I am reading the manual and it seems I cannot use time signatures like 21/16 (16/16 being the maximum - which is pretty ridiculous). My life makes no sense without this. :)

bjokib wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:One of the draws of Reason to me is the fact that developers actually get rewarded, as in their stuff is not illegally hacked.

I think it is possible to move your license to another user. I think I saw some kind of option to do that when I logged into propellerheads website.

I really like the rack extension concept. It is a bit "closed" but hey.. it works really good. I think Propellerheads looked a lot at apple and their App store. This is pretty similar actually.

It has been confirmed that once a user sells reason he leaves all re's behind dormant in his account. Just wanted to clear that up as quite a few have asked to even do a whole account transfer and been denied. Propellerheads are taking a strange mentality IMO with this one (even though swapping an account is as simple as the seller releasing the license of the key or computer to propellerheads and then they change the username and reset the password.. it really is that simple.. 5 minutes of work max)
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Fri May 10, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted.
Last edited by chk071 on Fri May 10, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I DO give their software plenty of credit where it is due.. check the reason 7 topic. Cheers.
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Fri May 10, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nevermind.
Last edited by chk071 on Fri May 10, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oops.. my bad.
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Fri May 10, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blubb.
Last edited by chk071 on Fri May 10, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

On topic and reason fanboy ish..check out their delicious audio quantize and THOR"s vowel mode and Dr Rex.. YUM!!!

I will forever miss making beats in Reason!
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Fri May 10, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”