Reason fanboy's thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheoM wrote:
This is precisely why they don't use much CPU.
I disagree. Are you one of those who can spot Reason synths(not using the FSB presets) in a track? I don even know where to begin with this statement so I will leave it right there.

Well i could spot it in my own that's for sure, and i was trying to convince myself it was in my imagination until i sent ten peeps the logic track and the reason track, and all ten said the reason one sounded ick. The kicker? No one knew which was which, they just picked which they preferred without me labelling them. With the better RE's there is no difference, of course. They sound great.

Also on the possibility (not sure if you are) you are confusing me with someone who thinks reason has a poor sound engine, i can assure you that's not the case. I have often argued in it's favour and proven it just sounds the same as everything else with null tests.

It's just like many AU or VST i find thin sounding, that's just how i feel about the factory instruments.

TheoM wrote:Just that Incarnate X couldn't understand that i don't need 578 plugins going at once, .
Theo I was kidding and the initial post wasn't aimed specifically at you. After all, we have had a deal of now locked RE threads that adressed the cpu issue. Relax mate. This is a fanboy's thread. It is meant to be heavily biased toward all positive things that people can say about Reason, even if they are delusive and counter factual. I know your needs are very different from mine and therefore your complaints are valid in their own right. However, you should likewise accept that what may be problems to you can be insignificant to others. At least If someone thinks Reason can and should be discussed from an "objective " point of view, this is definitely not the right thread to do it.

Reason101 wrote:
Is it kind of like this:

http://www.reason101.net/101-creative-r ... n-sampler/
Let there be no doubt that if this thread had an annual prize to be achieved , you would probably run away with it for decades. I only have one paradoxical problem with your Reason101 page: There are so friggin bloody much excellent material than I just do not where to start. I get instantly lost when trying.

Cheers

I am still a fan, i still pimp how awesome reason is whenever i can. I remember when they did the version 7 update vid and the quantization, and i just said "AHH, finally a way that makes sense to me".

They just get so many things right.

If they improved the resource usage and added just some more basic midi editing features, that's it, i'd use it forever probably and wouldn't care about RE resale issues cause i'd never resell!

Despite my cpu complaints i really am a massive fan of the software, even though it's hard to see that sometimes. Hope we are cool :)

TheoM wrote:Hope we are cool :)
Heh, we have never been anything else Theo, rest assured.

:)

I am glad you find something and stick to it and love it, i wish it were so easy for so many of us!

Some instruments in Reason can sound a bit thin, but using the combinator definitely helps. You can get some pretty crazy good sounds out of the old devices. Every time I listen to a Mikkas or Lucky Date track it blows my mind that this is 100% done in Reason. Is Reason perfect? No, but it's an amazing piece of software!

Ken

"Thin sounding" it may be - but I have always LOVED the Subtractor as a synth because it is one of the few that I find very easy to programme patches for using my rather limited knowledge of synthesis. It is an excellent "teaching tool" in that sense, whether you use Reason as a beginner, or to teach others.

Maelstrom is similarly a joy to use and IMHO brilliantly laid out - just a JOY to use.

That said, I wouldn't probably want to use either of those on its own in a finished track ;-)

So Mikkas "finally" track for example is all 100% Reason besides the vocalist? (which i assume he recorded into reason too) hmm.. interesting..

Don't underestimate the impact of professional mastering...

No i don't think it "sounds" great but i like the track, which was my point. It sounds digital, don't get any warmth vibe from it here. Will listen to his other stuff though, obviously the guy is talented :)

TheoM wrote:No i don't think it "sounds" great but i like the track, which was my point. It sounds digital, don't get any warmth vibe from it here. Will listen to his other stuff though, obviously the guy is talented :)
I guess it's a matter of taste. Mikkas' and Lucky Date's music is 100% Reason and I think it sounds phat and fantastic. Besides the music is right up my alley. :)

Ken

The music is right up my alley too, but it definitely sounds reason. Will check out Lucky date. Cheers

IncarnateX wrote:
Let there be no doubt that if this thread had an annual prize to be achieved , you would probably run away with it for decades. I only have one paradoxical problem with your Reason101 page: There are so friggin bloody much excellent material than I just do not where to start. I get instantly lost when trying.

Cheers
Well, um, thanks. I think. Not sure what prize I'd be winning. But I'll take it.

If you don't know where to start, I would suggest with the latest book I released here:

http://www.reason101.net/products/reaso ... ason-rack/

Because it's got all the info from my site, and more. ;-)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”