Studio One 3?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

I think you should better investigate what CC121 does before comparing it with Faderport. It's two different worlds. Faderport is AGAIN just a generic controller, it was developed BEFORE S1. Of course, they all work more or less.
DAW: Studio One 4.5.3 Professional, Win7 x64, i7 5930K @ 3.5Ghz, VE PRO
Audio: RME ADI-2 PRO, Presonus Studio 1824
Midi: Studiologic Numa Compact, Faderport, S1 RC,
Sounds: Omnisphere, Zebra, Komplete12U, Lexicon, Fabfilter, Soundtoys, Breeze, Waves

Guido Negraszus wrote:I think you should better investigate what CC121 does before comparing it with Faderport. It's two different worlds. Faderport is AGAIN just a generic controller, it was developed BEFORE S1. Of course, they all work more or less.
I was asking more than comparing because I've never used a CC121. The question marks in my post means they were questions. Inform us, C121 looks like a great controller. The scrub wheel and the EQ knobs are pretty obvious, what else is nice about it? Thanks.

I mean, I assume it does a lot more because it costs a lot more but I've never actually used one.

All I wish for is an improved version of the Faderport.
I would not change much on it, because I think the concept of a small controller which you can place right next to your keyboard is great.

I would prefer soft rubber type buttons instead of the plastic ones it has know - they would feel better, and be more or less silent.
The knobs on the FP are really loud when you press them.

My other wish is the inclusion of an "AI knob", which some of the Cubase controllers have.
You can put the mouse cursor over any knob (be it in S1 or in a plug-in), and you can immediately control it with the knob on the controller. Now that is a great concept.
Wanna control another knob, just move the mouse cursor over to it.
Doesn't get any simpler and more practical than that.

That does sound pretty cool, the AI mouse hover thing. With S1 you can right click on any parameter and assign it to the FP fader or pan knob but no clicks is better than two clicks I guess.

Sounds nice.

LawrenceF wrote:I was asking more than comparing because I've never used a CC121. The question marks in my post means they were questions. Inform us, C121 looks like a great controller. The scrub wheel and the EQ knobs are pretty obvious, what else is nice about it? Thanks.
The CC121 really is a high quality unit - aluminum casing, it's sort of the Apple of controllers. Nothing cheap about it, seriously .. makes the Faderport look and feel like a toy.

LawrenceF wrote:That does sound pretty cool, the AI mouse hover thing. With S1 you can right click on any parameter and assign it to the FP fader or pan knob but no clicks is better than two clicks I guess.
With the AI knob you never have to click anything at all, that is the great thing about it.
Pointing with the mouse over something = assigning it to the controller.

Imagine how fast you can set up e.g. a compressor with that.
You hold the mouse in your right hand, at the same time your left hand is on the knob of the controller.
You hover over the threshold, turn knob, hover over ratio, turn knob, hover over attack and release, turn knob... you get the idea.

Then you call up an EQ and can do exactly the same, without ever assigning anything.

@LawrenceF: sorry, misunderstood your post!

There is also the advantage that Cubase does have a proper mixer channel with EQ, Aux send etc as default. So with the CC121 you can then control all those EQ settings with dedicated knobs. Like I said, the beauty is its all working without any setup. It's a controller only for Cubase. And I think that's the way for Studio One too, well if Presonus would care. God knows what they are planning.
DAW: Studio One 4.5.3 Professional, Win7 x64, i7 5930K @ 3.5Ghz, VE PRO
Audio: RME ADI-2 PRO, Presonus Studio 1824
Midi: Studiologic Numa Compact, Faderport, S1 RC,
Sounds: Omnisphere, Zebra, Komplete12U, Lexicon, Fabfilter, Soundtoys, Breeze, Waves

If you don't use the stock Cubase EQ, then most of the knobs on the CC121 are pretty much useless?

I know that lot of Cubase users don't use the stock EQs (neither did I, when I was still using Cubase).

Guido Negraszus wrote:@LawrenceF: sorry, misunderstood your post!
No biggie. I should have been more clear instead of just saying ... CC121? FaderPort? (posing an unspoken question) :) That was my fault.
Like I said, the beauty is its all working without any setup.
Yeah, the FaderPort doesn't require any setup with S1, just plug it in and use it. The real irony is that it's easier to customize (the buttons and all that) in Cubase than it is in S1. :hihi:

But I do agree with you, the CC121 looks like a more complete controller for sure. Thanks Guido.

Guido Negraszus wrote:@LawrenceF: sorry, misunderstood your post!

There is also the advantage that Cubase does have a proper mixer channel with EQ, Aux send etc as default. So with the CC121 you can then control all those EQ settings with dedicated knobs. Like I said, the beauty is its all working without any setup. It's a controller only for Cubase. And I think that's the way for Studio One too, well if Presonus would care. God knows what they are planning.
The CC121 indeed is a high quality unit. But it's exclusivity to Cubase is why it is collecting dust on my mixing desk. Why? Well, I am using a lot of third party plugs, e.g. EQ. Last time I checked CC121 couldnt be setup to control these. The AI knob mouseover sounds nice. But once I move my mouse over a parameter I actually control it with the mouse instead of moving my hand back to the CC121. Finally, I am using Cubase as well as S1. If the CC121 could be setup for another Sequencer I would actually use it more.

"logan 5, identify......."

"There IS NO studio one V3......"

hibidy wrote:"There IS NO studio one V3... (that I can actually lay my hands on) ..."
Fixed that for ya. :hihi:

So presonus replied to me, Safe to say im holding on to my money.

"PreSonus Audio Electronics
1 hour ago

Hey Tadooko, we are quite flattered by the enthusiasm that we see for Studio One 3, and it's been a lot of fun to watch the hype train roll.

Unfortunately, I cannot disclose release dates or feature sets, as it could cause other software manufacturers to change their development plans to create and release feature sets that directly compete with Studio One 3 before our next version gets to market. If we're going to keep Studio One ahead of the curve, we can't have that.

I can, however, confirm the following:
• Studio One 3 IS in the works
• It's going to be amazing
• You're going to love it
• Guys like you who are vocal about what you want to see in Studio One have been tremendously influential to its evolution.

I hope this helps. I genuinely appreciate your enthusiasm and support for Studio One, and please know that the feedback of yourself and other users makes a real, tangible difference."

oh btw, I asked mainly about midi, automation and the mixer.
- They've obviously followed forums like these and noted down all the features that people are most vocal about, It might be taking more time than expected but big releases like these do, If you work in the development/design sector you'll understand.

TeddyMadison wrote:So presonus replied to me, Safe to say im holding on to my money.

"PreSonus Audio Electronics
1 hour ago

Hey Tadooko, we are quite flattered by the enthusiasm that we see for Studio One 3, and it's been a lot of fun to watch the hype train roll.

Unfortunately, I cannot disclose release dates or feature sets, as it could cause other software manufacturers to change their development plans to create and release feature sets that directly compete with Studio One 3 before our next version gets to market. If we're going to keep Studio One ahead of the curve, we can't have that.

I can, however, confirm the following:
• Studio One 3 IS in the works
• It's going to be amazing
• You're going to love it
• Guys like you who are vocal about what you want to see in Studio One have been tremendously influential to its evolution.

I hope this helps. I genuinely appreciate your enthusiasm and support for Studio One, and please know that the feedback of yourself and other users makes a real, tangible difference."
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. studio one 3 confirmed at least.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”