Upcoming Studio One 2.5 release

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lingyai wrote:When I get the new PC I'll try the one month demo and see. I'm attracted to the workflow as it's described, but am put off by all the fine print I'm seeing. Maybe the 2.5 version will be better. Would consider Mu-Lab if they can ever get multi-core support.
Lingyai, MuLab 5 will include multi-core support and a multi-functional browser with extended drag-drop support. If you're interested in giving it a thorough test run, email me.

I was expecting a much faster development pace from Presonus. I purchased it as a crossgrade price, which was quite reasonable. So, it has not been a big financial burden. I'm a big fan of what Presonus is trying to do with Studio One Pro, and will surely put it to good use when I feel it has matured enough. (most likely at Version 3).

I'm hoping that I will go forward and install version 2.5 , which might be a good starting point.

So... When is version 2.5 going to be released ? It has been quite a while since they got the buzz going, but so far it has not yet materialized.

Meanwhile, Cubase 7 looks pretty sweet :) So, it will surely get my attention as soon as I upgrade from 6.5.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Muziksculp wrote:I was expecting a much faster development pace from Presonus. I purchased it as a crossgrade price, which was quite reasonable. So, it has not been a big financial burden. I'm a big fan of what Presonus is trying to do with Studio One Pro, and will surely put it to good use when I feel it has matured enough. (most likely at Version 3).

I'm hoping that I will go forward and install version 2.5 , which might be a good starting point.

So... When is version 2.5 going to be released ? It has been quite a while since they got the buzz going, but so far it has not yet materialized.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Dunno. It's been a little over a month. In any case you'll still have to install it to run it and use it to see if you actually can find a use for it. :hihi:

Anyway, I'm gonna buy Cubase 7 and put it on a shelf until Cubase 9 gets released, and then pay some more to upgrade to 9. It should be ready for me by then. :lol:

Just kidding of course. :)

P.S. If you paid $299 for the (S1 Pro?) crossgrade, there was no reason to do that 18-24 months in advance. It's kinda permanent. :hihi:
Last edited by LawrenceF on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Muziksculp wrote:So... When is version 2.5 going to be released ?
Fifth post before yours.

First week of Dec. ? Is that a solid date, or a maybe date ? Was this officially announced date by Presonus ? or ... ?

Just to be clear, you bought a new daw that you never actually even demoed? Never installed the demo and never even ran it at all? I only ask because the demo actually is the install? Did you even register the software code for it that you bought from them?

I notice your sig on the S1 forum says that you never even installed it and....

"Currently using Cubase 6 (Love It!)" :hihi:

Muziksculp wrote:First week of Dec. ? Is that a solid date, or a maybe date ? Was this officially announced date by Presonus ? or ... ?
http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/1 ... age#205912

Right now the launch date for 2.5 is the first week of December.

Rick Naqvi
VP of Sales
rnaqvi@presonus.com

standalone wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:First week of Dec. ? Is that a solid date, or a maybe date ? Was this officially announced date by Presonus ? or ... ?

Rick Naqvi
VP of Sales
rnaqvi@presonus.com
Hi Rick,

Didn't notice you were on KVR :)

Looking forward to S1-Pro V2.5 first week of Dec.

All The Best,
Muziksuclp

Muziksculp wrote:
standalone wrote:

Rick Naqvi
VP of Sales
rnaqvi@presonus.com
Hi Rick,

All The Best,
Muziksuclp
Wrong. :hihi:

Not Rick. I was just quoting that Presonus post with my favourite-all purpose orange colour.

standalone wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:
standalone wrote:

Rick Naqvi
VP of Sales
rnaqvi@presonus.com
Hi Rick,

All The Best,
Muziksuclp
Wrong. :hihi:

Not Rick. I was just quoting that Presonus post with my favourite-all purpose orange colour.
Hmmm... fooled me there ! I didn't think that looked like a quote.

Anyways... I look forward to checkout what S1-Pro 2.5 offers.

Thanks,
Muzkksculp

Actually, I'm Rick.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

mutools wrote:
lingyai wrote:When I get the new PC I'll try the one month demo and see. I'm attracted to the workflow as it's described, but am put off by all the fine print I'm seeing. Maybe the 2.5 version will be better. Would consider Mu-Lab if they can ever get multi-core support.
Lingyai, MuLab 5 will include multi-core support and a multi-functional browser with extended drag-drop support. If you're interested in giving it a thorough test run, email me.
I've PM'd you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

When they add the VST support to the Artist version, then I will get interested. I still see that they are making people pay to get access to their existing VST/VSTi collection.

That just seems like robbery.

The PreSonus descriptor for the Artist version is:
"Studio One Artist delivers all of the core audio and MIDI recording and editing features, plus a wealth of 32-bit effects plug-ins and virtual instruments. Unlike other "entry-level" DAWs, it imposes no limits on track count and plug-in instantiations, or editing features."

Well, unlike other "entry-level" DAWs, they don't rob you of $100 just so that you can use software you already paid for. There are many "Entry-Level" DAW that let you use your existing plugins and do ReWire. Many are free/shareware.

Oh, I forgot, the 'Producer' version allows you to import/export .mp3 also. Plenty of other software on my DAW computer lets me do that - oh that's right, my entry level DAW also lets me do it. Silly me, I should be paying for that capability.

Bottom line: there's a fee of $100 extra just to get access to your already existing plugin arsenal. I'll spend $100 on a completely different DAW before I go there. Mixcraft is looking like an interesting place to spend that $100 right now. Actually, there's a new guitar I'm saving up for that the extra $100 will help out with. At least with that, I won't feel like I'm paying $100 to use the existing guitars that I already own today.

BTW, I'm using this at PreSonus for reference: http://studioone.presonus.com/what-are-the-versions/ Look at the bullets that come with the 'Producer' version apart from the 'Artist' version. Two bullets. VST/AU/Rewire support and import/export .mp3.

If I have this wrong, please correct me. If the new Studio 1 Artist release changes that, I'd like to know. Studio 1 will then go from the 'Are you kidding me? Make me pay to use what I already paid for?' category, to 'definitely interested in a long term relationship' for me.

I guess I'm a bit surprised they have gotten away with this for this long. It just goes to show that there is a market out there for folks that don't feel that paying for access to already paid for software is a big deal.

Out of curiosity, how many 'producer' version owners paid the $100 fee/charge/fine to use your existing plugins?

Or do most people jump over to the 'Professional' version from the 'Artist' version?

They haven't 'gotten away' with anything, there isn't anything deceptive about the Artist version, whether it is a good buy or not is a different question, but to take offense for lack of VST support when it was never promised 'making you pay for what you already own' seems inaccurate and unfair.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

excuse me, they have 3 different versions of their DAW, each pointed towards different audience - where is the stealing part? noone forces you to buy Artist version, or Studio One at all. besides, it's not like it's hidden information that it doesn't support VSTs. it's your thing to make an educated choice.

edit: just like braj said.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”