Upcoming Studio One 2.5 release

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lingyai wrote:
CTStump wrote:
lingyai wrote:
lingyai wrote:Actually, I'm bitterly disappointed no one wants to hear about the spec of my new DAW.

Humph!

bitterly, bitterly...
Okay, Let 'er rip, what are those spec's your impatient to report.

There, someone asked. :wink:
It's too late... I'm in a place where no one can hear me now

Ok, ok...

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit

Intel Core i7 3740QM, 2.7GHz, quad-core, 6MB Cache - HT & 3.7GHz TB

RAM (DDR3): 16GB Total (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz

2 identical hard drives -- 750GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid Solid State, 7200rpm

1.5GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 670M - DirectX 11 GPU

which will be christened with Studio One v2 Producer Edition for starters ... though will actually proabably wait until v2.5 to start exploring. If I like it, I'll stick with it, and perhaps upgrade to the Pro version, as it seems like an economical way to get Melodyne.

Also, the Pro version has something described on the Presonus site as "Pipeline -- Hardware Insert (use external hardware processor,with scope and delay compensation)". Anyone have any expereince with this? It could be important because I got this amazing floor unit from TC Helicon, Voice Live 2. It's great to sing through, but I don't like the idea of being locked into whatever settings I was using when recording the vocal, so I'd like to record dry, then audition different settings by sending the dry, recorded signal out to the unit and have the wet signal come back in to a new audio track. Any idea whjether this is easy in Studio One v2?

Then again if Studio One v2 doesn't grab me, I'm quite interested in MULab, as they will be comeing out with v5, with multicore support
You should have very little if any problems running Studio One with those spec's, bear in mind you will need J-Bridge for the 64 bit version to run 32 bit VST's other than that your pretty much covered.

Hopefully thing's work out for you and if worst comes to worst you can always sell it as has been said before. :wink:

Thanks, CTStump. Hopefully won't want to sell, but yeah, it's a fallback option. Am slighlty apprehensive about J-Bridge only because the FAQ section of their site has a long list of potential problems one could encounter, don't know if that's just to cover themselves or whether they are actually common. If nothing else, I'll just be sure to set a system restore point before installing it, and hope for the best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

donato wrote:I'll try and report an opinion about the program for anyone that cares once I've evaluated it enough (possibly quite a bit longer since 2.5 should be out in a couple weeks). Hoping initially anyway, that I don't run into compatibility problems with my current plugs. Cheers!
Hi Donato, how's it going? might take advantage of this myself. Just curious if everything is cool with that site, audiodeluxe?

lingyai wrote:Thanks, CTStump. Hopefully won't want to sell, but yeah, it's a fallback option. Am slighlty apprehensive about J-Bridge only because the FAQ section of their site has a long list of potential problems one could encounter, don't know if that's just to cover themselves or whether they are actually common. If nothing else, I'll just be sure to set a system restore point before installing it, and hope for the best.
I wish all Plugins were 64 bit and there would be no need for bridges of any kind, unfortunately I myself own a lot of 32 bit dinosaurs that I still can't live without(not to mention some good 'ol DXI's). I don't use J-Bridge myself so I can't say if it will work as intended but I do know of others who have very little problems with it. I run the 32 bit side by side with the 64 bit as some of my rewire software is still 32 bit and as I said my "Dinosaur's" that I float back to are 32 bit.

Every Audio program has it quirk's, I find what works and then work around those quirk's to get as good a working situation as possible. For me at least Studio One seems to fit the bill. :wink:

killmaster wrote:
donato wrote:I'll try and report an opinion about the program for anyone that cares once I've evaluated it enough (possibly quite a bit longer since 2.5 should be out in a couple weeks). Hoping initially anyway, that I don't run into compatibility problems with my current plugs. Cheers!
Hi Donato, how's it going? might take advantage of this myself. Just curious if everything is cool with that site, audiodeluxe?
I spent about four hours with it last night. It has promise. Some things weren't as intuitive as I expected, but that in itself is to be expected when you change DAWs. Really like the drag and drop and quick rendering between instruments and audio. Included sounds content is nothing to write home about, but may find a little something useful. Haven't explored effects yet, they're supposed to be better. I have a lot of third party stuff anyway and that wasn't really any consideration for buying or not. Basically the jury is still out, but I have high hopes/expectations. No major show-stoppers as of yet and I can see my workflow potentially being much faster when I actually get familiar with everything.

Oh- Audiodeluxe is fantastic by the way. I've bought many things from them. Sometimes things can take a bit of time to get delivered since they have to send it to you manually (they don't send you the authorization code instantaneously when you buy). Because of their usually lowest prices, it's my first stop when buying new software and I have no complaints with them whatsoever.

lingyai wrote:
CTStump wrote:
lingyai wrote:
lingyai wrote:Actually, I'm bitterly disappointed no one wants to hear about the spec of my new DAW.

Humph!

bitterly, bitterly...
Okay, Let 'er rip, what are those spec's your impatient to report.

There, someone asked. :wink:
It's too late... I'm in a place where no one can hear me now

Ok, ok...

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit

Intel Core i7 3740QM, 2.7GHz, quad-core, 6MB Cache - HT & 3.7GHz TB

RAM (DDR3): 16GB Total (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz

2 identical hard drives -- 750GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid Solid State, 7200rpm

1.5GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 670M - DirectX 11 GPU
congrats!

[bows, blow kisses]

Thanks Hibidy. Bye bye, RAM celings! [lifts leg, mimes revving of a motorbike, makes fart sounds]

[bows, blow kisses]

Found these tutorial videos on Youtube, btw

http://www.youtube.com/user/jpettit123/videos?view=0

Really loving it at this point. Just wanted to chime in. Spent maybe 12-15 hours total so far "involved". Much faster workflow than my Cubase Elements. Some things I still don't know how to find, but overall the change has been what I was dreaming for.

Word up they let slip there's another update for Ampire.... I know, I can't figure that out either, there's more important things I hope on the horizon. :?

CTStump wrote:Word up they let slip there's another update for Ampire.... I know, I can't figure that out either, there's more important things I hope on the horizon. :?
They hint to "around 100 new features". It doesn't hurt much if an Ampire update is one of them.

lingyai wrote:Found these tutorial videos on Youtube, btw

http://www.youtube.com/user/jpettit123/videos?view=0
Nice find. :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

standalone wrote:They hint to "around 100 new features". It doesn't hurt much if an Ampire update is one of them.
Quite true, It will interesting to see the other 99 and by the way they did previous updates I think it will more than suffice, just wasn't expecting that. :tu:

It's December now, hopefully we'll find out soon ourselves about the changes :)

CTStump wrote:
standalone wrote:They hint to "around 100 new features". It doesn't hurt much if an Ampire update is one of them.
Quite true, It will interesting to see the other 99 and by the way they did previous updates I think it will more than suffice, just wasn't expecting that. :tu:
Also, it seems that Ampire is externally developed and so it doesn't hinder S1's coders in any way.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”