Upcoming Studio One 2.5 release

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

soulata wrote:
hibidy wrote:I can't use S1. It's not that the features are not good, it's that three guitar tracks with plugins I like and it chokes out CPU, and that is with an i7. So, that's been documented by a lot of people. Sonar isn't as efficient as reaper, but it's not too bad.
Not that it's of any help but S1 works on par with Cubase 6.5 (well, I sold Cubase recently...)

2.07, x64 on a pretty good machine, but nothing special really...

k
Yeah. They've been through it will me a bunch of times (even got a pm from someone involved once) I can't get it to work. Shame.

Yeah Amplitube chews up space on S1's performance bar on my i7 too. But then I don't know how much of that bar is just confusing way of reporting, my understanding is it only represents one core, so not a total view of the system load.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

sorry i forgot when is this release scheduled to be out??

S-N-S wrote:sorry i forgot when is this release scheduled to be out??
I wanna know as well.

braj wrote:Yeah Amplitube chews up space on S1's performance bar on my i7 too. But then I don't know how much of that bar is just confusing way of reporting, my understanding is it only represents one core, so not a total view of the system load.
What's so weird is stuff like live starts using other cores when the first one gets chewed up. S1 just sputters and dies.

hibidy wrote:
braj wrote:Yeah Amplitube chews up space on S1's performance bar on my i7 too. But then I don't know how much of that bar is just confusing way of reporting, my understanding is it only represents one core, so not a total view of the system load.
What's so weird is stuff like live starts using other cores when the first one gets chewed up. S1 just sputters and dies.
Hmm. Don't get that here.

For the record, you *can* put effects on the inputs and record them to the track on the way in; open up the input mixer and you can add anything you like. Meaning just one instance of a plugin rather than 12 or whatever. It might help anyways.

YEah definitely I can see room for optimizations. It was painful on my CoreDuo but I don't use enough tracks or instances of heavy plugins on my i7 to make it stutter, just the psychological effect is there, the 'why is it so inefficient?' thing pops into my mind constantly. And regarding reporting load, I do wish 64 bit still reported RAM used.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Amberience wrote:
For the record, you *can* put effects on the inputs and record them to the track on the way in; open up the input mixer and you can add anything you like. Meaning just one instance of a plugin rather than 12 or whatever. It might help anyways.
I want this for midi plugins, so that you can put an arp onto a keyboard's input and then the arp will be active on whatever plugin uses that input, and the arp output would be recorded as the track's midi input. Right now I have to make a utility track to host a plugin like that, and if you want a string of plugins then it is a string of tracks.

soulata wrote:
S-N-S wrote:sorry i forgot when is this release scheduled to be out??
I wanna know as well.
standalone wrote:If you want to know the last estimate for the 2.5 launch: "Hopefully by the end of this month", according to an insider.

Every time I consider biting the bullet and buying S1 I read a string of posts which sum to "it's not there yet". Drag. Upgrading to a 64 bit machine soon, need a DAW!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

lingyai wrote:Every time I consider biting the bullet and buying S1 I read a string of posts which sum to "it's not there yet". Drag. Upgrading to a 64 bit machine soon, need a DAW!
Well, if it helps, it works as well as the others did here.

Just check the workflow and see if it's for you.

I, for one, couldn't stand Sonar's looks (v9 or so), used Cubase from SX3 to 6.5, really disliked workspaces, didn't understand Reaper (but hear it's great), couldn't use Logic (but hated 5.5 years ago), I still have PT9 installed but it doesn't work half as good as S1 does.

k

When I get the new PC I'll try the one month demo and see. I'm attracted to the workflow as it's described, but am put off by all the fine print I'm seeing. Maybe the 2.5 version will be better. Would consider Mu-Lab if they can ever get multi-core support. Would like to try a demo of Sonar X2 if one existed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

hibidy, I'm know you have tried anything possible to solve this problem. Just try this (in case you haven't) and check if the stutter stops: Press play in S1 and let it stutter - then minimise the entire app, so you're back on your desktop. Is it still stuttering while S1 is completely minimised??

The reason I'm suggesting this I remembered a similar problem years ago and the solution was to update my graphics card driver. As said, I'm sure you've tried all this, I'm just trying to give some suggestions. :hug:
Cowbells!

lingyai wrote:Every time I consider biting the bullet and buying S1 I read a string of posts which sum to "it's not there yet". Drag. Upgrading to a 64 bit machine soon, need a DAW!
What's wrong with your current DAW? Or is it not 64-bit yet?

You should only (imo, mmv as usuall) spend $3-400 to solve a problem, not so much just to explore something new. The latter you can usually do for free, with the various demos.

I kinda get the feeling - Reaper excluded maybe - that many people don't actually really, really "use" (as in, 'work exclusively in for a couple weeks', really use it and learn it) demo software, they just play around with a little. :hihi: I get that feeling because - almost totally across the board - so many new users of just about every product still have tons of "basic" questions, after they buy it, the kind of questions that get answered quickly if you actually work in it.

I'm surprised to read so many comments about Studio One being so heavy on CPU etc.
I'm running it on a real budget AMD Phenom X6 1045 with only 4 GB Ram, Win7 64bit and it's almost impossible to bring it to its knees. Multicore usage and support are exemplary.
Even before on a Athlon X2 250 and WinXP it was much more CPU efficient and faster than my Cubase 5.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”