Upcoming Studio One 2.5 release

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Did anyone attend PreSonuSphere 2012 and have some details on the 2.5 update?

I believe they had to swear an oath to not spill the beans under the threat of bodily injury or sump'n like that. Let's see who has the brass balls to answer that one for ya. :D

Greater integration with social media.

(That's a prediction)

I just hope they will FINALLY make the blocks on arrangement window stop looking like it's still Windows 95 era.

Nantonos wrote:Greater integration with social media.

(That's a prediction)
What makes me sad is that I feel that this could be a fairly reasonable prediction. I never understood the SoundCloud integration in all these hosts--SoundCloud is a POS to begin with, and it's not exactly difficult to upload your songs. Seems like a waste of developers' time.

I just hope Presonus fixed the track sorting/coloring issues with multi-timbral VSTi's. I would finally buy the upgrade from v.1 to v.2 if they did.

What Tehnik also said would be a very close second. The GUI is overall pretty nice, but the arranger blocks make me want to puke.

I agree about the arranger blocks. Although not an immediately pressing issue I would like them to be prettier

rodan wrote:I agree about the arranger blocks. Although not an immediately pressing issue I would like them to be prettier
Me too :)

rodan wrote:I agree about the arranger blocks.
It looks better if you turn on translucent clips in the Options window (makes the grid shine through and the clip colors a bit softer).

I could care less about graphical changes, I want some midi editor love. If it is just social media stuff I will be very disillusioned.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

All they say for now is that it's in beta and will be released soon.

firepile wrote:
rodan wrote:I agree about the arranger blocks.
It looks better if you turn on translucent clips in the Options window (makes the grid shine through and the clip colors a bit softer).
That's the way I have it now.

How do upgrades work with S1?

Do you get free upgrades until the next integer update (ie free updates from two and have to pay for 3)?

rodan wrote:Do you get free upgrades until the next integer update (ie free updates from two and have to pay for 3)?
Yes, if they don't change their ways like Steinberg recently did. I'm sure that 2.5 will be a free update. They also use to put the upgrades on offer when they release a major update.

braj wrote:I could care less about graphical changes, I want some midi editor love. If it is just social media stuff I will be very disillusioned.
Yeah, once the MIDI stuff is mature, I will upgrade.

Well what it really needs, after much asking by users, is some decent routing. Hope they don't make us wait another whole version for that.

aMUSEd wrote:Well what it really needs, after much asking by users, is some decent routing. Hope they don't make us wait another whole version for that.
Definitely!
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”