Live 9 mixing tools video

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

andy_cytomic wrote:So the formula is:

song position and automation advance in samples = (number of 3rd party plugins on track before the one that needs sample accurate song pos and automation) * (audio card buffer length)

and if there is extra latency introduced by linear phase oversampling then the formula is:

song position and automation advance in samples = (number of 3rd party plugins on track before the one that needs sample accurate song pos and automation) * (audio card buffer length) + (latency of all 3rd party plugins on the track before the one that needs sample accurate song pos / automation)
So if Andy can work this out over his Cornflakes with a notepad, pencil & pocket calculator why can't Ableton????
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Maybe they don't have cornflakes?

robojam wrote:Maybe they don't have cornflakes?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Formulas make me dizzy :shock:

What are the specific recommendations for sample accuracy and dealing with latency seen with different plugin chains when using Live 8?

1. run your entire project at 88.2 khz or 96 khz
2. bypass oversampling in your plugins when possible
3. compensate for delay using Ableton's 'track delay' setting

Are there any other practical suggestions?

A few questions for the smart folks in the crowd ...

- What is the best method to check each track for latency so you can compensate using Ableton's 'track delay'?

- Is there any reason to choose 88.2 khz over 96 khz, or vice versa, when it comes to this issue?

- If you run your project at 88.2 khz or 96 khz, what is the effect of using high quality mode in eq8 (and other plugins for that matter)?

- Did I read correctly that there is no delay compensation for automation? How do you deal with this?

- and finally, even though I love Live, does Logic suffer from the same delay compensation issues? I notice Andy wrote all hosts suffer from some delay issues caused by plugins, but a bit more info here would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out with some info and solutions :)

I just realized how off topic we are from the Live 9 video, and onto delay compensation in Live 8.

Should this topic of delay compensation (or whatever the topic is) get it's own thread?

According to Music Tech Magazine, Ableton have said they will be making a full major announcement tomorrow afternoon :hyper:

Say w00t? URL?

headquest wrote:According to Music Tech Magazine, Ableton have said they will be making a full major announcement tomorrow afternoon :hyper:
link?

headquest wrote:According to Music Tech Magazine, Ableton have said they will be making a full major announcement tomorrow afternoon :hyper:
perhaps a pic from the mag?

memyselfandus wrote:
link?
MTM Facebook page

headquest wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:
link?
MTM Facebook page
Strangely they have now removed it ... and their previous link to the leaked video. Ableton are obviously trying to get back on top of the situation ;-)

It would be great if in this same announcement Lennard would finally tell what's going to happen to Sylenth1 :)

How about Live 9 with Live 9s new hardware controller video :)

Live 9 features page
https://www.ableton.com/en/live/new-in-9/

Live 9 features video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF9eY06 ... r_embedded#!

Live 9 hardware controller
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o52kHvA0fSw

Welp Live 9 is official now, and it has clip automation.

Seeing as Ableton has said in the past that clip automation would require a complete rewrite (and I'm inclined to believe that they did that considering how long it took), Live 9 probably includes fixes for the latency problems outlined in this thread. Here's hoping anyway.

colinssx wrote:Welp Live 9 is official now, and it has clip automation.

Seeing as Ableton has said in the past that clip automation would require a complete rewrite (and I'm inclined to believe that they did that considering how long it took), Live 9 probably includes fixes for the latency problems outlined in this thread. Here's hoping anyway.
Automatic PDC is listed as one of the new features!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”