Live 9 mixing tools video

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote:
colinssx wrote:Welp Live 9 is official now, and it has clip automation.

Seeing as Ableton has said in the past that clip automation would require a complete rewrite (and I'm inclined to believe that they did that considering how long it took), Live 9 probably includes fixes for the latency problems outlined in this thread. Here's hoping anyway.
Automatic PDC is listed as one of the new features!
Woah are you serious? Where is it listed?

I hope it was easy to miss because I'll feel like an idiot if it wasn't :oops:

Edit:

Never mind, found it
Here are the features common to all editions of Live 9:
Unique Session View for quick, intuitive composition, flexible performance and improvisation
Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
Powerful MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
Advanced warping and real-time time-stretching
Unlimited Instruments, Audio effects and MIDI effects per project
Group tracks
VST and Audio Unit support
Time signature changes
Multiple automation lanes
Track Freeze
Automatic plug-in delay compensation
MIDI remote control instant mapping
MIDI output to hardware synths
MIDI Clock/sync
ReWire
Multicore/multiprocessor support
WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC file support
All of the features listed there are already in Live 8 though, so it could just be the same old delay compensation
Last edited by colinssx on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SLiC wrote:Automatic PDC is listed as one of the new features!
To be fair, that isn't really a new features list. At the same time though, I will eat my hat if they haven't fixed PDC after 3 years.

Peter Kirn of CDM just wrote:
There's now sample-accurate compression even in the new Glue effect, and a linear phase oversampling filter in EQ Eight. (This impacts some of the symptoms people are describing on the page of the thread to which you link here.)

I specifically mention this issue, partly because I'm in contact with the people responsible for addressing it.
Sooo I guess that's it? I'm retiring from hating on Live?

IDM Superstar wrote:Peter Kirn of CDM just wrote:
There's now sample-accurate compression even in the new Glue effect, and a linear phase oversampling filter in EQ Eight. (This impacts some of the symptoms people are describing on the page of the thread to which you link here.)

I specifically mention this issue, partly because I'm in contact with the people responsible for addressing it.
Sooo I guess that's it? I'm retiring from hating on Live?
He made no mention of 3rd party plugins in a chain though, which means that time-dependent plugins like VolumeShaper might still get delayed signals in long signal chains (unless there's something I'm misunderstanding here).

what's crazy is that I took my old tracks and brought them over to Live for mixing because I liked the plugin chain implementation so much

that's right, I compose in cubase and mix in live

im actually this stupid

IDM Superstar wrote:
im actually this stupid
:?

Why is this stupid? You do the way you like it...

I like how you can beatbox into a mic or tap on your desk and it will convert it into midi :)

Ableton Support response re: Live 9 Plugin Delay Compensation
https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=186188

A few quotes from the OP of the thread on the Ableton forum:
Hi,
I was wondering if the plugin delay compensation issues were fixed in Live 9?

There were two that affected me:
1. Automation was not properly delay compensated
2. Effect plugins were not synced properly if there were other plugins before them in the effects chain

Thanks
and the reply from Ableton support:
Thanks for emailing Ableton.

The SRC algorithm has been improved for certain devices; the EQ8 for example, in regard to linear phase oversampling to address latency issues. We also spent time on the SRC for The Glue, but as this is a new device, I can't say it is an improvement.

The SRC algorithm of the overall application is being addressed in current development, and scheduled for completion in time with the release of Live 9.

Boom!
Dom Kane
DJ | Producer | Engineer
Sound designer for Moog (L Phatty & S Phatty & Animoog), FXpansion (D-CAM + Geist), Steve Duda & Deadmau5 (Nerve & Serum)
http://www.KaneAudio.com

billcarroll wrote:Ableton Support response re: Live 9 Plugin Delay Compensation
https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=186188

A few quotes from the OP of the thread on the Ableton forum:
Hi,
I was wondering if the plugin delay compensation issues were fixed in Live 9?

There were two that affected me:
1. Automation was not properly delay compensated
2. Effect plugins were not synced properly if there were other plugins before them in the effects chain

Thanks
and the reply from Ableton support:
Thanks for emailing Ableton.

The SRC algorithm has been improved for certain devices; the EQ8 for example, in regard to linear phase oversampling to address latency issues. We also spent time on the SRC for The Glue, but as this is a new device, I can't say it is an improvement.

The SRC algorithm of the overall application is being addressed in current development, and scheduled for completion in time with the release of Live 9.
is that a good thing?

I truly hope they fixed it, although that answer is kind of shady, the question was on point... The answer seems as if they're avoiding it.

How about that new "tamber" option for converting beat boxing into midi! awesome

memyselfandus wrote:How about that new "tamber" option for converting beat boxing into midi! awesome
Not just that but plyphonic midi conversion.
I hate drawing notes with a mouse and am a spastic on the keyboard, so being able to record some electric guitar or bass and convert it is just :band:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

juansep wrote:I truly hope they fixed it, although that answer is kind of shady, the question was on point... The answer seems as if they're avoiding it.
Most likely a reason behind avoiding a direct answer.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”