Live 9 mixing tools video

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i hope they fixed the pdc.. i really believe that's the reason for a long delay, as they needed to probably rewrite alot of the engine.

That video is totally fake..

keel wrote:That video is totally fake..
what makes you think that?
"when you have nothing to say - shut up." -A friend of Luc Besson

It's not fake at all.

If it's fake then someone really spent a lot of time to do same UI and stuff which wold take more then ridiculous amount of time to do such thing.

My guess that it is it is real leak not constructedmarketing one because video seems legit but not yet finished.

well if it is, then it would have to ableton who faked it because it came from them.

and why exactly would they do that?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

If it doesn't have automation recording in session view after all this time I will scream

You might be in luck if the icon that looks like an automation point next to the global record button turns out to do what I think it might do.

If we're wishful thinking for a few upgrades I'd really like to finally see proper per-object selection in the arrange view.

Anyone recognise the mixing desk in the video?
Could it be a new hardware controller? :o

They seem to show it a few times in the intro and outro as if it is in some way linked to live, perhaps its just because this is one of say 10 new feature videos and it happens to be about mixing....

Given that they are using the 'big window that holds clips' as a 'zoom' window for effects etc, I would suggest this will hold for all editing (maybe even sesion view) - optimised for single monitor use (laptop) and eventualy touchscreens (windows 8 et al)

DELETED

Thanks- that's one rumour quashed (100000 to go...), it was also raised on the Live Forum ;-)

Well, The Glue dev hasnt confirmed or refuted the video.....which to me says its real
Amazon: why not use an alternative

TheoM wrote:i hope they fixed the pdc.. i really believe that's the reason for a long delay, as they needed to probably rewrite alot of the engine.
Can you or anyone else elaborate on what the PDC issues are? I have never really noticed any issues with PDC, but I don't really ever do any mixing in Live, so my sessions are usually fairly bereft of the kind of heavy mixing plugins that might trigger these types of issues. I'm curious, though.

PDC was introduced in Version 6 and has worked fine for me (windows), I see the odd post about it (normally a rant, must be frustrating if it isn't working for you!) but I don't think that many people have a problem with 'plug in' instruments (note; some plug ins have had issues 'reporting' the correct delay).

the only reason I stopped using ableton live is because I can't control the transport with shortcuts lol. I hope they don't add that because then I'll have to give it another chance. :oops:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”