Which one will be released first (Live 9) or (Bitwig Studio) ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, considering how little "9" actually offers, not really surprised that it came out first :hihi: (no, I don't care about the controller, I have maschine :P )

I get the vibe Bitwig is following d16s "Shiotor" [LuSH-101] approach: Announce first, release 3 years later and rename. So in 2014 we get a product called BitLikeLive v1.0?
Cowbells!

exactamundo!

Well now that Live 9 has been officially announced, and its feature set made public. I don't see why Bitwig will continue holding back on giving us a bit more info./details regarding Bitwig Studio, and maybe announce an expected release time interval. (i.e. Q1-2013), even though they are still in beta-testing phase.

Live 9 is most likely still being beta-tested at this time.

I still have a bit of hope that Bitwig Studio might officially released before Live 9 is. But.. not holding my breath on that one.

Come on Bitwig.. spill some of the Fancy cat food. The cats are getting super hugry

:)

Upgrade pricing for Live 9 Suite is just plain silly .

todd sweetland wrote:Upgrade pricing for Live 9 Suite is just plain silly .
Check the Ableton forum... they said that will be fixed, but the unfortunate part is that we still cant see what the deal will be.

I wonder why they announced Live 9 so soon ? Release date March 2013 , Im sure there will be people buying Live 8 to get the free upgrade to 9 , but March thats a heck of a stretch !!! Is Protools 11 coming out or something ??

hibidy wrote:Well, considering how little "9" actually offers, not really surprised that it came out first :hihi: (no, I don't care about the controller, I have maschine :P )
Keep in mind they added clip automation, which they claimed before would require a full rewrite. Seems likely that they've done so, especially considering reports from beta-testers that the program feels faster than before.
todd sweetland wrote:I wonder why they announced Live 9 so soon ? Release date March 2013 , Im sure there will be people buying Live 8 to get the free upgrade to 9 , but March thats a heck of a stretch !!! Is Protools 11 coming out or something ??
Last I checked they said Q1 2013 which could be any time between January and March

Muziksculp wrote:Well now that Live 9 has been officially announced, and its feature set made public. I don't see why Bitwig will continue holding back on giving us a bit more info./details regarding Bitwig Studio, and maybe announce an expected release time interval. (i.e. Q1-2013), even though they are still in beta-testing phase.

Live 9 is most likely still being beta-tested at this time.

I still have a bit of hope that Bitwig Studio might officially released before Live 9 is. But.. not holding my breath on that one.

Come on Bitwig.. spill some of the Fancy cat food. The cats are getting super hugry

:)

It makes sense for bitwig NOT to release before Live 9 was announced. That way they know exactly what to or not to add to v1. 'Beta' could be testing core functions and the lag gives them time to wait for Lv9 to be announced for an extra round of 'beta' testing (that is, adding the features in Lv9 to Bw1.

But that is just my take on it.. 0 knowledge of the situation :ud:

todd sweetland wrote:I wonder why they announced Live 9 so soon ? Release date March 2013 , Im sure there will be people buying Live 8 to get the free upgrade to 9 , but March thats a heck of a stretch !!! Is Protools 11 coming out or something ??
Really? March. Ok, I'll just lay out of this race then :lol:

I thought soon meant like........maybe a month.

Is there ANY way to demo live 8.4 in x64? From what I understand you must already own it to do the beta? Let's also ask if someone was to get a shiny copy of live 8, would they then be able to use the x64 version? Seems awfully confusing.

Just buy it.

All I can get (having v7) is a 30 trial of: Ableton Suite 8 version 8.3.4 for Windows 32-bit. Don't see any reference to 64-bit, other than for v.9.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Good answer :lol:

Naw, I can get live intro at the local GC for about 70 bucks so I could just waste that, go caveman and 32 bit and just see if I can squeeze maschine a bit (it's really hard to work with some aspects being single core. Apparently maschine and live integrate fairly well)

EDITED

Ha! Funny how things change :D

Anyways, I'll be getting live 9 sometime next year. Pretty sure I've lost all interest in bitwug.
Last edited by hibidy on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”