Which one will be released first (Live 9) or (Bitwig Studio) ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Did you use more than four tracks? Live tries to get each track on its own core so one track should only use one core and Windows is using a core for itself.

yes, this was with 8+ tracks. Just try your same test with a built in instrument and see if you get the same results

Tried again 8 tracks this time with Z3TA+2 supersaw for each track 2x oversampling no effect plugins added. The CPU meter is 80% in Live. All 8 CPU cores went over 70% in use.

Maybe windows 8 is needed to get all the cores in use.

Just tried 8x operators it didn't use up much CPU only 7% in Lives CPU meter All 8 i7 cores are in use just a little when I stopped playing all the cores activity went down.

interesting, i wouldnt think it would depend on windows 8 but who knows. Tried here with z3ta2 and I still see the same 4core usage, so far diva is the only one I see using all of them and thats with or without the optimization turned on

Asked over in the beta thread, maybe Ill get lucky and get a response from the devs. Either way HT still shouldnt provide much of a performance boost, its just showing that its using them, whether or not its actually efficiently using them is another thing. The comp engr in me wants to know whats goin on though for my own curiosity

Ableton 9 is earlier.

Just my 2 cents.

jkworks wrote:Ableton 9 is earlier.

Just my 2 cents.
Maybe... But, Bitwig Studio is Better :D

live9 (the beta is already in very good shape)

Has Bitwig even given any updates on release dates? Seems very quiet from their corner.

we were making all those jokes long ago about bitwig's release time but it looks like it might be the end of this year after all, if that.

Max4live went 64 bit today, release is very close.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:Max4live went 64 bit today
been waiting for this! er, but still only seeing the 32but beta? http://cycling74.com/downloads/maxforlive/?epii=4

The live "CPU meter" has nothing to do with CPU load, it is an idicator of audio performance ie latency
The lower it is the better the audio performance.
As such it is linked to the performance of your audio card.

Live could indicate 100% but Taskmanager can show 2%.
They are not related.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

pwal wrote:
rod_zero wrote:Max4live went 64 bit today
been waiting for this! er, but still only seeing the 32but beta? http://cycling74.com/downloads/maxforlive/?epii=4
I think you have to get to the download through a 64bit version of live, I also didnt see the x64 download but once I opened l9x64 and hit download max through there, then it brought up the right one

coolio, i'll try that, thx :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”