Which one will be released first (Live 9) or (Bitwig Studio) ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

reaper. There, I said it

bold ^^^ I was a'scared to. :hihi:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Who cares?

Joking aside, I care :shrug:

Would love to see both. More hosts, more pressure!

I haven't even looked at Bitwig yet, and probably won't, but I agree... competition is good.

I'm locked-in to Live for quite some time via tight controller integration.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote:I haven't even looked at Bitwig yet, and probably won't, but I agree... competition is good.

I'm locked-in to Live for quite some time via tight controller integration.
Please look at my other thread and bitwig has some promise. I'd like to get my mits on it but ffs, it's going to probably be too expensive unless it's FLAWLESS.

And now I'm certain live 9 will give it a run.

I'll check it out :)

but I caught the vid of Live-9 before it was pulled, and it looked really good.

Live 9, Q1 2013 to coincide with the annual "25% off Upgrades" offers they run, to tempt people into upgrading before Bitwig comes out.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:Live 9, Q1 2013 to coincide with the annual "25% off Upgrades" offers they run, to tempt people into upgrading before Bitwig comes out.
Interesting ! but what if Bitwig Studio comes out before Live 9 ? i.e. Q3/Q4 2012 ? :D

My job dictates that I have and be familiar with both (once they are available), so I don't really care which comes out first.

I will say that I'm excited to see more Live 9/Bitwig info making it's way to the public.

I'm pretty happy with Live 8 as-is but I love reading about all the new developments as much as the next guy. :)

Live will come out first, no doubt about it.
dedication to flying

Hmm, a DAW that has gone through soon 9 major versions versus a beta maybe first 1.0 version. Hmm....

ksandvik wrote:Hmm, a DAW that has gone through soon 9 major versions versus a beta maybe first 1.0 version. Hmm....
A very valid, and good point.

It all depends on how much Live 9 has been improved, besides being 64-bit, hopefully, it sounds better, (especially when time-stretched audio), improved GUI, ...etc.

As far as Bitwig Studio, it will be at version 1.0 and hopefully will be as solid as can be for an initial release, sound great, and offer more features than what Live 9 already has at version 9 :hihi:

Muziksculp wrote:
ksandvik wrote:Hmm, a DAW that has gone through soon 9 major versions versus a beta maybe first 1.0 version. Hmm....
A very valid, and good point.

It all depends on how much Live 9 has been improved, besides being 64-bit, hopefully, it sounds better, (especially when time-stretched audio), improved GUI, ...etc.

As far as Bitwig Studio, it will be at version 1.0 and hopefully will be as solid as can be for an initial release, sound great, and offer more features than what Live 9 already has at version 9 :hihi:
Well, no AU support so that's -50 in my book.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Tech......the more it changes, the worse things get.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”