Ableton Live 9 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robojam wrote:
hibidy wrote:if were going to stay on persona attacks and random bullying
Did you get nothing from Hink's post? I guess not.

I really don't get this obsession of yours with this supposed group of individuals that gang up on you in the forum (even Hink used the word 'paranoid' to describe you - remember that's coming from a friend), you are just as guilty of the targeting of individuals as you think others are towards you - you almost always make these posts following a post by one of the 'gang' that you have identified. I also noticed your post yesterday along these lines that you went back and edited.

You are doing yourself no favors by keeping this up, and as Hink said, you are probably losing friends by doing it. Maybe one of these days you'll take a step back and look at your behavior and realize where the problem really lies. No one is out to get you and you'll gain nothing by trying to 'out' this secret society that you've imagined into reality in your mind.
If you read from where I made the comment, I was actually upset with rabbit over what he said to another member, then rabbit started his usual thing. Really has nothing to do with me. But, if you want to make it about me, then , well I guess that is kinda expected.

Anyways, I wish we could get back to live 9, but suppose we can't.

hibidy wrote:If you read from where I made the comment, I was actually upset with rabbit over what he said to another member, then rabbit started his usual thing. Really has nothing to do with me. But, if you want to make it about me, then , well I guess that is kinda expected.
Well I tried to help... :shrug:

So it's getting near, and betas are not coming at any kind of pace. It's frustrating. So many helpful people over at the beta forums and some glaring holes and there seems to be a "it's good enough" attitude from the abes.

If I turn out to be wrong, it's obviously a good thing, but that's how I'm seeing it.

hibidy wrote:If you read from where I made the comment, I was actually upset with rabbit over what he said to another member, then rabbit started his usual thing. Really has nothing to do with me. But, if you want to make it about me, then , well I guess that is kinda expected.
No, you werent upset. A comment like 'look to the source' about someone isnt rooted in being upset in something they said, its rooted in a predisposition against that person. Basically, you saw an opportunity to leverage something which had nothing to do with you into 'look he's picking on you', in classic 'lets you and him fight' manner. And its not the first time you've ever done so.
Without your interjection, the conversation between that member and myself would probably have stayed on the same level as it was back in October when the thread started. Your attempt to recast it was just a cynical manipulation of him, there was no 'upset' for him at all.
Anyways, I wish we could get back to live 9, but suppose we can't.
Is the repetition of this supposed to hypnotise us into forgetting that your interjections are what took it away from that?
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Listen, let's be adults and end this...............PLEASE!

I'm wrong, Ok. It's me............fine........fair enough.........can we move on?

so ableton live 9...hows it comin? is that what this thread is about or do i need to attack somebody first? :)

FiascoAndretti wrote:so ableton live 9...hows it comin? is that what this thread is about or do i need to attack somebody first? :)
yeah.. those guys need to get a room or take it to PM or something. so boring to listen to people jabber on.

And the two posts prior to this one have added to the discussion about Live 9...how?

I'm riding the fence on this update and will greatly appreciate users of the 9 beta giving their opinion on stability and use of 9. Stability is my main concern as presently 8 is a continuing crash fest on my Win7 i5 8g ram system.

I think this is due to trying to use to many large vsti's (KH libraries, Cinematic Strings, etc.), and eating up the 4g limit imposed by the 32 bit program.

Also, is it true that 9 64bit will not load 32bit plugins?

Thanks for any insights you can offer.

Happy musiking!
dsan

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Can't we have a group hug and MOVE ON????????????????????????????????????????????

hibidy wrote:So it's getting near, and betas are not coming at any kind of pace. It's frustrating. So many helpful people over at the beta forums and some glaring holes and there seems to be a "it's good enough" attitude from the abes.

If I turn out to be wrong, it's obviously a good thing, but that's how I'm seeing it.
Discuss :)

dsan@mail.com wrote:I'm riding the fence on this update and will greatly appreciate users of the 9 beta giving their opinion on stability and use of 9. Stability is my main concern as presently 8 is a continuing crash fest on my Win7 i5 8g ram system.

I think this is due to trying to use to many large vsti's (KH libraries, Cinematic Strings, etc.), and eating up the 4g limit imposed by the 32 bit program.
its possible, but those are all kontakt libraries aint they? can you tweak kontakt to preload less into memory and see what happens?

Also, is it true that 9 64bit will not load 32bit plugins?
There's no bridge in the beta, and no mention of one for the final product that I can see.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

hibidy wrote::bang: :bang: :bang:

Can't we have a group hug and MOVE ON????????????????????????????????????????????
Either that or cats. :shrug:

:cry:

I'm really trying here :evil:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”