Ableton Live 9 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know M4L is part of suite 9, but that's not my point. If I just upgrade to regular live 9, does that mean I'll lose my use of all of my already purchased suite 8 content (i.e.analog, sampler etc)? In other words, do I have to upgrade to suite 9 to continue using the suite 8 synths in live 9?

Sorry, just re-read your post. I suppose there's likely to be a coding reason for needing to upgrade all of the Suite content. Looks like I'll just have to shell out the quoted amount (£170).

seenky wrote:I know M4L is part of suite 9, but that's not my point. If I just upgrade to regular live 9, does that mean I'll lose my use of all of my already purchased suite 8 content (i.e.analog, sampler etc)? In other words, do I have to upgrade to suite 9 to continue using the suite 8 synths in live 9?
Yes. You'll have to uprade to Suite 9. [edit] Apparently not. [/edit]
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
seenky wrote:I know M4L is part of suite 9, but that's not my point. If I just upgrade to regular live 9, does that mean I'll lose my use of all of my already purchased suite 8 content (i.e.analog, sampler etc)? In other words, do I have to upgrade to suite 9 to continue using the suite 8 synths in live 9?
Yes. You'll have to uprade to Suite 9.
Dave did you beta test live 9 mate? Do you think the beta testing is totally complete and there'll be a stable release on the day or are they just gonna knock this thing out there and hope for the best? Asking cause i can get a new Live 8 Suite boxed tomorrow for £280 :-)
Just don't wanna switch back to Live if i'm gonna be messing about with crashes from the off :-(

Rob

hi seenky, there is an official answer from ableton regarding your question in one of the threads on the ableton forum. no, you don't lose your purchased instruments if you upgrade from live 8 suite to regular live 9. what you lose is the new live packs and the new M4L content that is part of suite 9 (which according to my opinion is well worth the extra costs for the upgrade to suite 9).
cheers

Cheers Gosh!
That's good to know and should save me a few quid on the upgrade. I never really bother with the Ableton forum but perhaps it would have been a good starting point for an answer, eh?

rob_lee wrote: Dave did you beta test live 9 mate?
Not yet Rob. I was gonna hang back until there's a stable release after all the carry on when 8 came out. This limited time upgrade price is a bit unexpected tbh. Live 8 is stable on my system, and does everything I need anyway.

What to do? :shrug:

Actually, I'll probably go for it as there's exactly enough cash in my PayPal account to cover it.
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Not yet Rob. I was gonna hang back until there's a stable release after all the carry on when 8 came out. This limited time upgrade price is a bit unexpected tbh. Live 8 is stable on my system, and does everything I need anyway. What to do? :shrug:
Ah okay.. i wanted to test Live 9 at the time but they said i wasn't qualified or what not or something to that effect. Anyways i think i'll pick the boxed version of Suite up and give it another go.. it's cheap enough at £280 IMO and includes free upgrade to Live 9 on release. I guess i'm in then mate :-)

Rob

@roblee Have you seen this?
lectropunk wrote: ableton 8 .. 90euro
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5252167

rob_lee wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Not yet Rob. I was gonna hang back until there's a stable release after all the carry on when 8 came out. This limited time upgrade price is a bit unexpected tbh. Live 8 is stable on my system, and does everything I need anyway. What to do? :shrug:
Ah okay.. i wanted to test Live 9 at the time but they said i wasn't qualified or what not or something to that effect. Anyways i think i'll pick the boxed version of Suite up and give it another go.. it's cheap enough at £280 IMO and includes free upgrade to Live 9 on release. I guess i'm in then mate :-)

Rob
Rob you don't need to pay extra (if you are) for the boxed version anymore; the download and boxed versions of 9 will be the same.

aMUSEd wrote:Rob you don't need to pay extra (if you are) for the boxed version anymore; the download and boxed versions of 9 will be the same.
Good to know. Is that because of the 50GB of sample content? It's a lot to download.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Rob you don't need to pay extra (if you are) for the boxed version anymore; the download and boxed versions of 9 will be the same.
Good to know. Is that because of the 50GB of sample content? It's a lot to download.
Yes, so I guess it's worth getting the box if you had to pay for that bandwidth but otherwise just do what I'm doing and take your time.

aMUSEd wrote:
rob_lee wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:

Rob
Rob you don't need to pay extra (if you are) for the boxed version anymore; the download and boxed versions of 9 will be the same.
Hi mate, just looked in my account. Upgrade from Lite to download Suite 8 with free upgrade to Live 9 is £318?? I can get the full Live Suite 8 boxed with free upgrade to Live 9 tomorrow from a friends shop at £280 :-)
I'd rather just get the box it's a bit cheaper than downloading from Ableton.

Rob

rob_lee wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Yes. You'll have to uprade to Suite 9.
Dave did you beta test live 9 mate? Do you think the beta testing is totally complete and there'll be a stable release on the day or are they just gonna knock this thing out there and hope for the best? Asking cause i can get a new Live 8 Suite boxed tomorrow for £280 :-)
Just don't wanna switch back to Live if i'm gonna be messing about with crashes from the off :-(

Rob
The Live 9 beta has been stable for me... but that is not guarantee it would be so for you... My needs are rather simple so there are ways I do not push the software like some other people do. I have not paid that much attention to all the beta posts and opinions but my impression is that Live 9 is reasonably solid and there will not be the outcry that there was with 8...

pdxindy wrote: The Live 9 beta has been stable for me... but that is not guarantee it would be so for you... My needs are rather simple so there are ways I do not push the software like some other people do. I have not paid that much attention to all the beta posts and opinions but my impression is that Live 9 is reasonably solid and there will not be the outcry that there was with 8...
Thanks for that.

Well i will only be running Diva/Zebra HZ/Ace and Synthmaster for software, that's all i have now. All the rest of my gear is hardware synths. My system is 64 bit now, has been for a while.
I always liked the way Live worked but there were some issues for me that i don't recall but i'm now willing to go back to it for the long term :-)

Rob

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”