Ableton Live 9 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dusted william wrote:I'm really happy with the Live 9 update for sure!

Can't wait for Push :D

dw
Have they stated whether Push can be used with other software? I know the Bitwig guys were saying they could use it as long as it isn't encrypted, but I'm wondering if there has been any official word from Ableton. Also, does anyone know if we'll able to customize its functionality via M4L, or are we pretty much stuck with the three main modes of operation they provide?

I'm really excited about Push, but at the same time I don't want it to become an application-specific boat anchor if I stop using Live in a few years.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I dont' know much about Push at all, I hope they don't 'close it off' for use with other apps.

I think we'll have complete power in M4L. I hope there is an easy way to make an amazing real time looper.

dw

Push can be used as a midi controller, all it's functionality in Live is done via the API, so probably you wont get the same functions with other software, you will need a lot of scripting/midi programming.

As for extend its functionality, of course with m4l and scripts for live's API. It's not "officially" supported but is has always been posible with other controllers: Launchpad, APC, etc.
dedication to flying

i just watched this 45 minute rundown of live 9 features so far. som clever stuff in there.

http://youtu.be/Q6pwSpEwH1M

rod_zero wrote:Push can be used as a midi controller, all it's functionality in Live is done via the API, so probably you wont get the same functions with other software, you will need a lot of scripting/midi programming.

As for extend its functionality, of course with m4l and scripts for live's API. It's not "officially" supported but is has always been posible with other controllers: Launchpad, APC, etc.
That's good to know. I realize that all the different mode functionality is provided by Live. I was just hoping it would work as a generic MIDI controller for other programs, rather than being an Ableton-specific paperweight.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I don't know if anyone else noticed but "push" is listed as available 3-25 at MF (they are taking preorders) which means about another 2 months of beta I'm guessing.

Ableton site says Live9 will be released during the first quarter of 2013.
So 25.3. would be still inside the first quarter.

And Guitar Center says 3/18.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

hopefully the price will drop from that list price they have up.

dw

Nanakai wrote:And Guitar Center says 3/18.
:lol:

Well, since they are the same company, CLEARLY it's not locked in stone!

Can some beta guys help me out?

"tab" does not seem to work for renaming tracks on anything with a plugin loaded.

Load 4 audio tracks
Place "amp" or some vst on the last track
start at the first audio track and CTRL R to rename
Use "tab" and rename to whatever for each track

Result

anytime a vst or live instrument is loaded, the tabbing stops at that point and then it just toggles to "arrangement" :shrug:

I can't seem to get enough participation going over at the forum. There is one person who says they have this problem, but a bunch of people have said they don't. Doesn't make any sense.

win7x64 here, latest, etc.

I get that also.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

paradiddle wrote:I get that also.
Thanks for checking!

Can you find my CTRL R thread (under problems) and add? I get the feeling the abes are ignoring me (though it's hard to tell) Pretty annoying little bug.

They probably saw it but my guess is that it's a pretty low priority thing.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Prolly. I just figured if people mentioned they have that problem that it might get some love. I mean, certainly that's not something they want hanging around for the release right?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”