Ableton Live 9 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think more should be made of the types of music people are predominately producing. If you are mostly making Ambient/Drone stuff, well obviously the PDC issue is not mission critical and so the gravity of the problem may be lost on you.

so, you know, if you are making light of the problem please state what kind of music you are mostly producing. Just to see if there's any co-relation between the music & the opinions

:)

PDC this, PDC that, it's obviously a major problem cause nobody uses Live for anything, ever.
I hope it's fixed so that Ableton can start making some money again, they must be stone broke with this major issue holding the entire Ableton Live userbase back.

I can see them all now.

Blank screens.

Blank faces.

Rocking in their chairs and staring,

Staring into the abyss (of Live without PDC)...... :violin:

I must be doing it wrong!
Whats up with PDC.......doesnt stop me from making shit music lol
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:I must be doing it wrong!
Whats up with PDC.......doesnt stop me from making shit music lol
The PDC works fine for many things, but doensn't work correctly for somethings.

It is entirely possible that a big block of users dont' really experience this problem.

Myself for example, when I record audio live I have a work around that works for me.

I hardly every use time based effects, and if I do I have them last on my chain, so for me I don't really notice that problem either.

-dw

ChiTown24 wrote:I think more should be made of the types of music people are predominately producing. If you are mostly making Ambient/Drone stuff, well obviously the PDC issue is not mission critical and so the gravity of the problem may be lost on you.

so, you know, if you are making light of the problem please state what kind of music you are mostly producing. Just to see if there's any co-relation between the music & the opinions

:)
I don't categorize my music by genre but for the most part, it's heavily beat driven and I do use a lot of effects that rely on tempo sync. While I do recognize that there is a problem with PDC, I find that it's easy to work around because I do a lot of manual editing anyway. I just have to move events around a bit to get everything in sync. For me, it's not a big deal...

I also make music/sounds where there is little focus on structure (while I wouldn't call it ambient or drone, it's certainly in that direction) but I still use some effects that rely on tempo information and other effects that introduce latency. Again, It's never had a big impact on the way I work.

lotus2035 wrote:PDC this, PDC that, it's obviously a major problem cause nobody uses Live for anything, ever.
I hope it's fixed so that Ableton can start making some money again, they must be stone broke with this major issue holding the entire Ableton Live userbase back.

I can see them all now.

Blank screens.

Blank faces.

Staring into the abyss (of Live without PDC)...... :violin:
(sans meme) "KVR..........u y no have sympathy for the people with the problems??!"

I want that Push right now!

Am I the only one who never heard of the PDC before in 4 years using Live?
Blog,news, reviews & stuff: http://wornoutjunkie.wordpress.com

I want push too.

hibidy wrote:I want push too.
you can add me to the list as well.

dw

lotus2035 wrote: I can see them all now.

Blank screens.

Blank faces.

Staring into the abyss (of Live without PDC)...
:-o How'd you get into my room?!!!
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Can people just copy and paste spam Andy Cytomic's post over and over again for eternity until this is fixed?

The whole "whats the big deal, quit your whining" crew is really annoying with every new page.

Hint: the big deal is that if you don't care, then you probably pirated it.

IDM Superstar wrote:Can people just copy and paste spam Andy Cytomic's post over and over again for eternity until this is fixed?

The whole "whats the big deal, quit your whining" crew is really annoying with every new page.

I love your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IDM Superstar wrote:Can people just copy and paste spam Andy Cytomic's post over and over again for eternity until this is fixed?

What's the big deal? Quit your whining, FFS.

lotus2035 wrote:
What's the big deal? Quit your whining, FFS.
I don't like your post :x :hihi:

I own (actually paid for) Suite 8 & M4L, and couldn't care less. I MIGHT if I REALLY wanted to run specific effects while doing a live show, but like every other professional who uses Live for live shows (ie: everyone), you work around it. Unfortunately, you'll have to bounce the clip or get a lower latency plug if you're playing live. That, or deal with a .5 ms delay on your crazy circuit-modeled EQ or tube saturator. Welcome to software. I'm willing to trade this strangely overlooked feature in exchange for the other unique feature's present in Live. I'm not happy about lacking dual monitors either, but that's not a big enough reason for me to jump in to Logic or Cubase again. If it is for you, be my guest. :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”