Ableton Live 9 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

+1 on no push for me.

I want to upgrade to live 9 but man, after the beta... I'm two-faced about it. The first face: happy smiles-audio to midi, automation in session, new midi improvements, but the sad face: beta was unstable, browser is annoying, livepacks would not install, was hoping i'd fall in love, but I just fell in like.

I want to love it, but i only like it. I'm a huge Ableton fan but Live 9 does only a few things I wanted and forces some new things on me that I'm kind of meh about.

Them ignoring the latency thing is just freaking absurd though.

grymmjack wrote: Them ignoring the latency thing is just freaking absurd though.
Yeah, I'm really surprised they haven't fixed it. They acknowledged how important this feature would be in a post on their beta forums . I quote:
Daniel Büttner (Sound Product Manager) 4 months ago
Hi Ken, thanks for bringing this up. We're aware of the issue and also know how important this is for automation.
Since then? nothing at all, despite the fact it's the second most requested feature (on their beta forums you can upvote ideas and this comes in at number 2, behind multiple monitor support). Now we have a release date (March 5th) it looks like it's definitely not going to be a feature of Ableton 9.0.

That's a shame.

It is probably a pretty complex thing to fix.
They probably don't want to ruin their release schedule because of one feature.

Like most other people, I'm bummed about the one week special upgrade price for existing suite owners. Why only one week? Feels like I'm being forced, and that ain't good. I'll upgrade, but I'm pissed about it and will be paying more attention to any bitwig cross grades. :x
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

sl1914 wrote:It is probably a pretty complex thing to fix.
Yeah, I appreciate that, but this is not something new. It's something people have been requesting constantly since Live 8. It's therefore obvious that it's not a priority for Ableton. Which is absolutely fine, it's up to them to decide which features to work on - not the people who moan on the forums :)

However, A/PDC is important to me, and it's because of this I'm going to have to consider alternative DAWs before I consider upgrading to Live 9.0. Not the end of the world - just a a bit irritating :)

mcnelson wrote:Like most other people, I'm bummed about the one week special upgrade price for existing suite owners. Why only one week? Feels like I'm being forced, and that ain't good. I'll upgrade, but I'm pissed about it and will be paying more attention to any bitwig cross grades. :x
1 week? shit. when?

*edit* n/m
Upon release and only until March 12th
Upgrade to
Live 9 Suite

The complete integrated studio

All features

USD 199

Coming Soon
It's a $100 off the $299 price if I adopt early. That's a nice thing to do, but I could have sworn the fixed price was $249 for me not long ago. Not sure what's going on here..
Last edited by grymmjack on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sl1914 wrote:It is probably a pretty complex thing to fix.
I'm sure that's true. They are a pretty great company full of talented and very smart people, they know what they are doing.

This reminds me of when people were begging for session automation, that's finally here but how long did it take to get here? Maybe this the compensation stuff will be the same way?

grymmjack wrote:
mcnelson wrote:Like most other people, I'm bummed about the one week special upgrade price for existing suite owners. Why only one week? Feels like I'm being forced, and that ain't good. I'll upgrade, but I'm pissed about it and will be paying more attention to any bitwig cross grades. :x
1 week? shit. when?
Don't they mean 1 week left (due to the release being out in March)? The promo itself has been running maybe 2-3 months (I got in before Xmas) but like most grace period type promos they usually expire when the release is done.

aMUSEd wrote:
grymmjack wrote:
1 week? shit. when?
Don't they mean 1 week left (due to the release being out in March)? The promo itself has been running maybe 2-3 months (I got in before Xmas) but like most grace period type promos they usually expire when the release is done.
it's a option to upgrade until March 12th, so 7 days after the release they give me an option to save $100 off of $299 for suite 9 upgrade.

A nice gesture, and I'll take advantage of it that price is solid. Even with all it's warts, and I am sure there will be bugs, but Ableton has a track record of taking care of them and awarding loyalty (amp for example).

Is there extra discount for M4L owners who have Suite also? Need to go check my upgrade price.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Is there extra discount for M4L owners who have Suite also?
Yes; sign in to your Ableton account to see what your *special* upgrade off will be. IIRC, I think it's about £139.

I don't own M4L, so my upgrade price is reduced from £209 to £164, but only for the week of March 5th to March 12th. After that, the upgrade price will be £209.

NMG
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:I don't own M4L, so my upgrade price is reduced from £209 to £164, but only for the week of March 5th to March 12th.
My upgrade price is EUR 169 (£145.56), but "only until March 12th" ... so after that the price goes up? That means already owning M4L is saving me less than £20, and only if I upgrade before my offer expires. Pushy ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:
mcnelson wrote:I don't own M4L, so my upgrade price is reduced from £209 to £164, but only for the week of March 5th to March 12th.
My upgrade price is EUR 169 (£145.56), but "only until March 12th" ... so after that the price goes up? That means already owning M4L is saving me less than £20, and only if I upgrade before my offer expires. Pushy ...
yeah.. it's not really big break for already owning M4L. kinda lame. i'm in the same boat.. i guess i'll end up getting it during the discount window but begrudgingly

I'm a little confused about the upgrade routes. I currently own Live 8 suite but have no interest in upgrading to include M4L and certainly don't want the 50gb of sounds. If I just go for the regular live 9 does that mean that none of my existing Suite 8 synths will be available for use?

Does that make sense?

seenky wrote:If I just go for the regular live 9 does that mean that none of my existing Suite 8 synths will be available for use?

Does that make sense?
M4L is part of Suite 9. You can't have Suite without it, and I presume you need Suite to access Live,s instruments.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”