Ableton Live 9 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wanted to add something more about Audio to MIDI. There was a lot going on in my living room while I made the last post, so I was a little distracted.

Audio to MIDI could actually prove to be very useful, especially in case of drum recordings. For pitched sounds too, its workflow and quick conversion from audio to midi would be more useful than the way melodyne would work for the specific purpose of quickly adding MIDI parts. Though personally, it is not something I use often, or think I would need to, except in case of drums. So, while I'm excited about this feature for drums, it does not excite me much with regard to pitched sounds, and melodyne is more than sufficient for my needs here.

As for session automation, it's definitely cool that Live will finally have this much requested feature. But again, partly due to the fact that I use maschine, it is not a huge deal for me. If I hadn't started using maschine about a year ago, then maybe this would have mattered more to me.

maschinelf wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:.And if its not worth it to you, dont get it. Noone has to upgrade just to be disappointed. Well, except for KVR's professional whiners, of course.
Man, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? Seriously, what's your problem?
I dont have a problem. I was merely attempting to understand your point of view.
So, what's the deal with you branding me a whiner.
I wasnt. If you assumed I meant you, you're mistaken. Logically, the phrasing excludes you, but if it wasnt clear, my apologies for that.

Have you been misled by the "i'm on your side and he's picking on you" grandstanding from our resident shit-stirrer?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

The only resident shit-stirrer is you. Everyone else in the thread is getting along fine.

hibidy wrote:The only resident shit-stirrer is you. Everyone else in the thread is getting along fine.
Thanks for stopping by to prove my point.

And is there a way to get back on topic? I'm only here to talk about live 9, if were going to stay on persona attacks and random bullying then maybe we should start another thread where we can talk about live 9 and not have that? ktxby

hibidy wrote: persona attacks and random bullying
but that's your favourite MO.

I'll take that as a no?

I'd be suggesting putting each other on mute... :help: :?

For me it seems that I have been experiencing some improvement in automation as well as a few other areas. I do like what I am getting here.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:
For me it seems that I have been experiencing some improvement in automation as well as a few other areas. I do like what I am getting here.
that's good to hear. my concern is only the performance and the audio crackles i've read about. the new features all sound great to me. i'm looking forward to messing w/all that stuff and making a big mess. but if it's CPU hoggish and has all kinds of glitchy cracking then obviously i'd be bummed.

fingers crossed they're all working around the clock to iron out any issues. i plan on taking advantage of the reduced price window

Yea it did seem like you were referring to me, so thanks for clearing that up whyterabbyt.

I had a question about automation modes in Live that I asked when Live 9 was first announced, but it never got answered. Is the automation system in Live 9 improved from the very simple one in Live 8 i.e. no modes such as touch, latch, read etc. or is it still the same,, where it overwrites any previously written automation when working with looped sections.

IMHO, if it's still the same as in Live 8, I don't really see how session automation would be very useful.

I'd say yes. Although it still has a way to go. I find that it will do some funny things here.... :?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

hibidy wrote:if were going to stay on persona attacks and random bullying
Did you get nothing from Hink's post? I guess not.

I really don't get this obsession of yours with this supposed group of individuals that gang up on you in the forum (even Hink used the word 'paranoid' to describe you - remember that's coming from a friend), you are just as guilty of the targeting of individuals as you think others are towards you - you almost always make these posts following a post by one of the 'gang' that you have identified. I also noticed your post yesterday along these lines that you went back and edited.

You are doing yourself no favors by keeping this up, and as Hink said, you are probably losing friends by doing it. Maybe one of these days you'll take a step back and look at your behavior and realize where the problem really lies. No one is out to get you and you'll gain nothing by trying to 'out' this secret society that you've imagined into reality in your mind.
Last edited by robogone on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have decided to upgrade I figured the new features and max would make it worth it, and while awaiting the new version to come out I decided to download the full suite to try out some of the things I didn't have before like some of the packs. i don't get how the max for live works though I see folders for max but nothing appears inside them. Any clue anyone why? I can find little on info on the new ableton site.

budd1405 wrote:I have decided to upgrade I figured the new features and max would make it worth it, and while awaiting the new version to come out I decided to download the full suite to try out some of the things I didn't have before like some of the packs. i don't get how the max for live works though I see folders for max but nothing appears inside them. Any clue anyone why? I can find little on info on the new ableton site.

You'll probably need to install MAX/MSP as well, if you havent done so.

trimph1 wrote:I'd say yes. Although it still has a way to go. I find that it will do some funny things here.... :?
Are you talking about automation in Live 9? If so, please do tell some more. This ones gonna be one of several important factors in deciding whether to upgrade or not.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”