Ableton Live 9 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Actually, I'm wondering if anyone knows how many VST effect and how many VSTi instruments Live 9 Intro will be limited to supporting?

Also, this chart https://www.ableton.com/en/live/feature-comparison/ indicates 16 Audio and MIDI tracks.. is it safe to assume that is combined (total) ?

Guess not.. :hihi:

apparently you can now load legacy packs. I guess that is good news, but I don't know what it really means :oops:

hibidy wrote:apparently you can now load legacy packs. I guess that is good news, but I don't know what it really means :oops:
Alot of places sell packs of ableton presets/instruments/effects racks, like the puremagnetik stuff I own a few packs of. Also some sample companies offer ableton packs of clips. Before you couldnt import any of these into live9 but now you can.

i am thinking of buying push and then upgrading from intro to suite

anybody have an idea what i should expect €€€wise ?

i know they have the 25% off right now but i am not sure if i will save more when i upgrade from intro

any help would be appreciated

ezelkow1 wrote:
hibidy wrote:apparently you can now load legacy packs. I guess that is good news, but I don't know what it really means :oops:
Alot of places sell packs of ableton presets/instruments/effects racks, like the puremagnetik stuff I own a few packs of. Also some sample companies offer ableton packs of clips. Before you couldnt import any of these into live9 but now you can.
Thanks. And thanks to all the helpful people! You deserve a big :hug: The manual is good, but simple. It's been really easy for me to miss stuff and the beta thing has been for me.....a challenge.

So thanks again!

oops, wrong forum.

agit wrote:i am thinking of buying push and then upgrading from intro to suite

anybody have an idea what i should expect €€€wise ?

i know they have the 25% off right now but i am not sure if i will save more when i upgrade from intro

any help would be appreciated
Ask the Ableton support. :)

I'm not sure, but i don't think they will change to much on the upgrade policy and prices, so you may get a better deal with the 25%.

I've asked them about some discount on the Push controller for Launchpad and Suite 8 owners. The answer was like: "No discount for Launchpad owners, because it's not Ableton nor Akai." And for the Suite owners: "Yes, maybe, but no pricings yet."

I was also very interested on the Push controller, but it is currently too expensive in my eyes. For the time being i'll stay with my Launchpad and BCR-2000.

Release date is now offical

March, 5th 2013 :love:

check Ableton Site for details....

Introduce offer (log in to see yours) Live9 upgrades only lasts till 12th of March
25% discount + free Live9 upgrade only till 4th of March :help:

Release
Last edited by fugazi81 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hmmm. My new price on it is now £139 from Live8 Suite with M4L to Live9 Suite, or £109 to Live9 Standard.

What was their really cheap discounted Live 8 -> Live8 Suite with free Live9 Suite price again? Bout 150EUR or something?

edit : ah wait; they'd originally listed (quoting myself) "an upgrade price of 199EU for the Suite or 129EU for Live9"

That works out at £170 and £110 roughly, so 9 Standard stays what it was, but 9 Suite is only an extra £30 over that, instead of an extra £60-£70. Thats far more worth it to me, given what I already owned.

(An 8-day window for it is pretty shite though consider the discounted in-version-upgrade-plus-free9 deals have been available for months.)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
What was their really cheap discounted Live 8 -> Live8 Suite with free Live9 Suite price again? Bout 150EUR or something?
Their day 1 incorrect super-cheap pricing of Live 8 to Live 8 Suite with 9 and MFL free was $194. Which was very nice.

Abletons site has been updated it now says the Live 8 deals are only available till 4th March :)

Oh 9 and Push available on the 5th March.

So Live8 deals are valid before release of Live9.

Sweet! March 5th is my birthday...3 guesses as to what I'll treat myself to this year!! :hihi:

Good to have a date for the release now. Looking forward to it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”