Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR

Ableton Live 9 announced

Mogular
KVRist

217 posts since 30 May, 2005

Postby Mogular; Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:48 am

whyterabbyt wrote:
I hope folk who already own the v8 Suite and M4L dont get shanked on the upgrade price.

I just checked my account and I can upgrade to the full suite for US$164 (I already own Live 8, Max4Live and Sampler). That is an incredible price, I am sure I have paid more than that for individual upgrades in the past. :o
aMUSEd
KVRAF

28778 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:50 am

webno wrote:"Ableton Live 9 new features

Session automation: In Session View, automation can now be recorded in real time directly within clips. Automation can move together with clips between Arrangement and Session View."

That's good news.

Finally - at one point they were saying it was impossible to do this without radical architectural changes

I hope this is also in Intro as I sold Live full a while back due to the frustration of having paid for several upgrades and still not having this feature
Last edited by aMUSEd on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
SLiC
KVRAF

2192 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales

Postby SLiC; Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:51 am

whyterabbyt wrote:
Darknesslord wrote:I think this ableton 9 will a epic evolution in digital audio worstation

In the Suite version in 9 , the Max for Live is for free :)

I hope folk who already own the v8 Suite and M4L dont get shanked on the upgrade price.

Says they will discount by 50E ..... looks like there may be a max upgrade also (convolution reverb etc?)

Love the look of the new controller (but I have the Quneo....)

Seems very light on new stuff - obviusly still no DUEL SCREEN (probably why they took the abes forum down, it will expolode!!)

Interesting the highlight 'better sound quality' - this may be a big issue, and if they have all the bugs (PDC etc.) out and the upgrade cost isnt too high it will be a winner- I would rather it be rock solid and they they introduce the fun stuff in 9.1, 9.2 etc etc....
aMUSEd
KVRAF

28778 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:53 am

Oh wow - they have automation curves too - how radical! :) Hope they are beziers and not simply preset curve shapes like in S1.
Jakob / Cableguys
KVRian

911 posts since 11 Aug, 2005, from Hamburg, Germany

Postby Jakob / Cableguys; Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:54 am

SLiC wrote:
Seems very light on new stuff - obviusly still no DUEL SCREEN (probably why they took the abes forum down, it will expolode!!)

The forum is still there at http://forum.ableton.com

But I also cannot find a link via the site. Uh?
audiobot202
KVRian

1126 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Adelaide, South Australia

Postby audiobot202; Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:57 am

Not interested. Same look and feel. Same mixing and metering structure. No dual screen support by the looks of it. Just a few tweaks here and there judging from the video. Not unhappy to have sold Live 8.
Tracktion is BAAAAAACK !!!
LFO8
KVRian

534 posts since 21 Jul, 2012

Postby LFO8; Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:58 am

Darknesslord wrote:Now I must save my money and save for the upgrade to Suite ;)

Exactly. That would be cheaper in the end. I own Live 8 now. It would cost me 129,- Euro's to upgrade to Live 9 later.

OR I can pay 179,- Euro's now for an upgrade to Suite 8 and get Suite 9 for free later AND get the new Max 4 Live free!
SLiC
KVRAF

2192 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales

Postby SLiC; Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:59 am

audiobot202 wrote:Not interested. Same look and feel. Same mixing and metering structure. No dual screen support by the looks of it. Just a few tweaks here and there judging from the video. Not unhappy to have sold Live 8.

I am SO glad it has the same look and feel, that is why I love it! :love:
elxsound
KVRAF

4448 posts since 18 Aug, 2007, from NYC

Postby elxsound; Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:03 am

whyterabbyt wrote:
Darknesslord wrote:I think this ableton 9 will a epic evolution in digital audio worstation

In the Suite version in 9 , the Max for Live is for free :)

Are they showing prices for the upgrade from v8 suite to v9 suite? I've been searching the site, but I see no mention of it. :help:

And yeah... I don't want to be shanked on the upgrade price.
macmurphy
KVRAF

2645 posts since 21 Jul, 2004

Postby macmurphy; Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:06 am

hmm. i'll wait to try it out before passing judgement.
xamido
KVRian

1287 posts since 1 May, 2010

Postby xamido; Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:09 am

No dual monitor? That's the one feature that i've been hoping for. :(
headquest
KVRAF

7492 posts since 6 Jul, 2004

Postby headquest; Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:10 am

penguinfromdeep wrote:To be honest there's not so many new things, the new browser will be great and welcome to me since I spend a lot of time searching for the right samples but other than that ... I own already the Glue for example. Dunno, hope the PDC will be fixed at least. I expected a bit more...

The audio to MIDI conversion could be a HUGE feature for those of us who don't own Melodynne ... I can't wait to see how that stacks up to be honest. Also full Max4Live integration in the Suite is great news.
memyselfandus
KVRAF

5126 posts since 28 Apr, 2006

Postby memyselfandus; Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:10 am

"Automatic plug-in delay compensation"

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/feature-comparison/

Audio to MIDI Extract harmony, melody or drums from an audio sample and convert it to MIDI

REX File support Support for ReCycle/Reason audio files

hmmm
Last edited by memyselfandus on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
krixa
KVRist

160 posts since 8 Apr, 2012

Postby krixa; Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:13 am

Ok, cool. Now when can I try the demo? And for how long is that 25% discount offer available? :shock:
Bronto Scorpio
KVRAF

5563 posts since 13 Feb, 2006, from Wiesmoor, Germany

Postby Bronto Scorpio; Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:16 am

Really cool stuff!
I'll definitely try it once a new computer falls from the sky and lands directly in front of me :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)