Ableton Live 9 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I for one am glad that Ableton have shown their old customers how little they mean to them, with the pathetic upgrade offers and upgrade deadline. It will make my decision that much easier to abandon Live, and move to Bitwig, provided it works as expected.

Well done, Abes! :roll:

maschinelf wrote:I for one am glad that Ableton have shown their old customers how little they mean to them, with the pathetic upgrade offers and upgrade deadline.
Who made you our spokesman on this?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

maschinelf wrote:move to Bitwig
[del]AudioLinux sucks.[/del]

To be fair, I can truthfully say I've never seen any criticism of Bitwig's upgrade policy

whyterabbyt wrote:
maschinelf wrote:I for one am glad that Ableton have shown "some of" their old customers how little they mean to them, with the pathetic upgrade offers and upgrade deadline.
Who made you our spokesman on this?
Corrected .. And EDIT: indeed I apologise if that was the impression my previous post gave. I speak for no one but myself, and nor do I want to.
Last edited by maschinelf on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

im still using 5, whats my upgrade option?

vurt wrote:im still using 5, whats my upgrade option?
Don't know, but you'd probably have to pay in deutschmarks to upgrade something so old :hihi:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

:hihi:

maschinelf, there is no need to apologize. I can understand peoples frustration.
Last edited by hibidy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the 'discounted' upgrade price (169 €) and the 'discount' deadline for Live 8 Suite + MfL owners to Suite 9 are rather steep imo. what do they offer to justify this? some 'artist' and some orchestra sample sets, i don't need ... moreover i have a Glue license already.
Session view automation and enhanced midi functionality are very important though. what will happen with my MfL license and the Suite instruments, when i 'only' upgrade to Live 9? will i get updates?
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:the 'discounted' upgrade price (169 €) and the 'discount' deadline for Live 8 Suite + MfL owners to Suite 9 are rather steep imo. what do they offer to justify this? some 'artist' and some orchestra sample sets, i don't need ... moreover i have a Glue license already.
Session view automation and enhanced midi functionality are very important though. what will happen with my MfL license and the Suite instruments, when i 'only' upgrade to Live 9? will i get updates?
Yes you keep all, and you get the new m4l content also (as you need to install the new max utility and packages.

You will only be missing the new libraries.

But is kind of dumb that Ableton doesnt show this on their webpage, it's only when you contact them by mail you get this info.
dedication to flying

It's a strange process imho. I mean, like you said, just post it ffs!

There is a ton of overkill with suite. I haven't even done M4L yet......I'm still trying to figure out basics :help:

Will you get a discount on push, whats "this" upgrade path. Why are these guys getting price "a". I don't think it's rocket science. I'm sure they have all this worked out.......just list it.

mellotronaut wrote:the 'discounted' upgrade price (169 €) and the 'discount' deadline for Live 8 Suite + MfL owners to Suite 9 are rather steep imo. what do they offer to justify this? some 'artist' and some orchestra sample sets, i don't need ... moreover i have a Glue license already.
If you dont want the new content, its £109 to go from Live8 Studio + M4L to Live 9 standard and keep all the synths, M4L et.c. you already have. So AFAICT they're only looking for £30 for the content.

£109 seems more or less consistent with version upgrades for Cubase, Sonar etc. 'Bout half the price of upgrading PT. :shrug:

The deadline Im not so chuffed about.
Session view automation and enhanced midi functionality are very important though
The audio->MIDI stuff is new too.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

rod_zero wrote:
Yes you keep all, and you get the new m4l content also (as you need to install the new max utility and packages.

You will only be missing the new libraries.

But is kind of dumb that Ableton doesnt show this on their webpage, it's only when you contact them by mail you get this info.
:hug: thank you very much, rod zero! :)

whyterabbyt wrote:
If you dont want the new content, its £109 to go from Live8 Studio + M4L to Live 9 standard and keep all the synths, M4L et.c. you already have. So AFAICT they're only looking for £30 for the content.
i'd need the box, if i bought Suite 9 upgrade, because the download speed up here in the mountains is so slow, it needed a month to get everything. i'm sure, they'll charge another 30€ for the box ... and moreover here on Canarias we have to pay import taxes, though we're part of EU. so about 100€ for content, i don't need. anyway thank you very much for the infos! :)
whyterabbyt wrote: £109 seems more or less consistent with version upgrades for Cubase, Sonar etc. 'Bout half the price of upgrading PT. :shrug:
:phew:

whyterabbyt wrote:The deadline Im not so chuffed about.
sometimes there is money, sometimes there isn't. :wink:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Session view automation and enhanced midi functionality are very important though
The audio->MIDI stuff is new too.

:phew: and now cheaper to get to use it :wink:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”