Ableton Live 9 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ModuLR wrote:
ezelkow1 wrote:Yes, pretty sure they've said that if you go to regular live 9 you will keep any instruments you already have if your coming from suite. You lose out then on anything new specific to l9 suite, so all the new content packs, m4l, and the new m4l effects/instruments/midi/etc, plus of course any new things they may add to suite
thanks for the info.
I think the difference in upgrade price for Live 8 Suite to Live 9 Standard vs Live 8 Suite to Live 9 Suite is only about £50. For that you get M4L, the Live 9 devices and a shed load of content (session drums, session strings etc). Sure, if you have those packs it might not be much of a proposition.
ABLETON LIVE 11 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

hibidy wrote:
shanecgriffo wrote:
hibidy wrote:I've gotta try the moving live 8 library thing and see if it helps with session drummer (and some of the other presets)

The one thing that seems to have changed in 9 that I don't think I could live w/o is how recording is done. I'm no expert, but it seems better in 9 being able to record let's say, a guitar part and and then it will loop depending on where you hit stop for example. Seems in 8 you had to constantly go in and change the recorded part length but I admit, my memory is really bad.....so not sure WHAT they changed.

If it wasn't for that, I'd clean install 8.4 and forget about it. :shrug:
If you stop recording pretty promptly live will crop the clip to the nearest bar just gone so you don't have to change the length manually any more.. Makes it a bit quicker.. Also it seems to tie in with the global quantize function , so you can set it so you could possibly record for 2 bars but have say , a four bar clip etc..
Right. And considering how much guitar and bass I record it's a luxury (plus it's better for looping in general)

That's the one thing I really like about 9

I like the new midi tools... especially the brackets

I also like the curves in automation...

and even though it is a small thing, I quite like the track templates.

Damnit, I cannot go back to 8!

mcnelson wrote:
ModuLR wrote:
ezelkow1 wrote:Yes, pretty sure they've said that if you go to regular live 9 you will keep any instruments you already have if your coming from suite. You lose out then on anything new specific to l9 suite, so all the new content packs, m4l, and the new m4l effects/instruments/midi/etc, plus of course any new things they may add to suite
thanks for the info.
I think the difference in upgrade price for Live 8 Suite to Live 9 Standard vs Live 8 Suite to Live 9 Suite is only about £50. For that you get M4L, the Live 9 devices and a shed load of content (session drums, session strings etc). Sure, if you have those packs it might not be much of a proposition.
I am going for the 9 Suite... at that extra price, M4L becomes a no-brainer for me...

Will this 64 bit version of live run 32 bits plugins? like reaper does for example... ?
Who is this doing this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic funkin'?

ulozilla wrote:Will this 64 bit version of live run 32 bits plugins? like reaper does for example... ?
No, theres no built in bitbridge, you'd need jbridge for that

Just by curiosity.

Does the Audio t Midi thing works on realtime, ie, can I play live a guitar transformed into a synth?

pdxindy wrote:
I like the new midi tools... especially the brackets

I also like the curves in automation...

and even though it is a small thing, I quite like the track templates.

Damnit, I cannot go back to 8!
pdxindy, can you explain the brackets and track templates? 'specially, what are the brackets all about?

Thanks!

Happy musiking!
dsan

ezelkow1 wrote:
ulozilla wrote:Will this 64 bit version of live run 32 bits plugins? like reaper does for example... ?
No, theres no built in bitbridge, you'd need jbridge for that
That's very bad news to me at least....all the other features look great
Who is this doing this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic funkin'?

ulozilla wrote:That's very bad news to me at least....all the other features look great
jBridge is really cheap though...

Have to say, the mind boggles that after 3+ years of being x64 that this is still a concern. I applaud all those that have gone x64 (software) but it's been a long tough road.

any idea/info how much the regular upgrade from Live 8 to Live 9 will be?
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

hibidy wrote:Have to say, the mind boggles that after 3+ years of being x64 that this is still a concern. I applaud all those that have gone x64 (software) but it's been a long tough road.
Unfortunately some of my plugins remain 32 bit and having to spend more money for a bridger doesn't bode well when having to spend $200 for an update.

I can understand Ableton wanting to move into the current what with 64 bit et al, but I would think too they would want to be supportive of their customers as they want their customers to be supportive of them.

Additionally, adding more programs means more CPU use, ram use, etc. and for those with limited resources this creates a burden on productivity, no matter how minimal.

Still, had to deal with Live 32bit and unable to use 64 bit plugins so I guess I can cope with not being able to use my 32 bit plugs in Live 64. I definitely need to go 64 bit to take advantage of the increased ram I have.

Happy musiking!
dsan

analoguesamples909 wrote:any idea/info how much the regular upgrade from Live 8 to Live 9 will be?
You have to log-in to your Ableton account and it will show you your price on the shopping page.

Happy musiking!
dsan

pc999 wrote:Just by curiosity.

Does the Audio t Midi thing works on realtime, ie, can I play live a guitar transformed into a synth?
No it's not real-time. For real-time guitar to midi, check out Midi Guitar:
http://www.jamorigin.com/midi-guitar/Wi ... index.html

dsan@mail.com wrote:
I can understand Ableton wanting to move into the current what with 64 bit et al, but I would think too they would want to be supportive of their customers as they want their customers to be supportive of them.
ABleton is providing both version if you need them, I don't see why they have to provide the bridge. The support rests on the plug in developer, not the DAW developer.
dedication to flying

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”