Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WTF? waves WUP ranting even in THIS topic?
Ok!!

let's expect to upgrade for FREE to version 9, from a 5 year old version. NOT! I mean, come on!

bduffy gotta say i don't agree with you this time...

wup is just an upgrade price.. nothing more nothing less.. well, nothing less, but often a lot MORE (free plugins, can use wup cost as credit towards other purchase, etc). I love wup TBH. I wish all plugs had a similar capped system.
Plus, it won't be $200 if you go through waves universe.

bduffy wrote: [*]LoopMash (meh)
PoopSplash!

Check out this video of someone using Cubase 7 for the first time
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhmBPayocVg
Last edited by Marcus797 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheoM wrote:I love wup TBH. I wish all plugs had a similar capped system.
Plus, it won't be $200 if you go through waves universe.
$300 starting next year. Didn't you receive their mail yesterday?

On first impression the new mixer comes across as a bit of a mess. And WTF is this supposed to be in the image below?
It looks like a badly designed synthedit plug not a world class DAW. I'm gonna hold off on transferring my 6.5 projects for the time being. I need to see if this new mixer really will improve my workflow.

lotus2035 wrote:On first impression the new mixer comes across as a bit of a mess. And WTF is this supposed to be in the image below?
It looks like a badly designed synthedit plug not a world class DAW. I'm gonna hold off on transferring my 6.5 projects for the time being. I need to see if this new mixer really will improve my workflow.

I love the new mixer, especially after watching the tutorials, reading up and practicing. It's definitely a new paradigm, and I think it's quite well-made, just takes some getting used to.

But I did notice that graphic mash-up in the channel strip! I suspect this is something that will be smoothed out with the next update.

For now, I'm going to avoid shrinking the mixer that much and use the 3 separate mixers, 4 switchable mixer snapshots and track-searching to get around. Also, you can tab through controls quite easily, so there are options to avoiding the scaling issue.

i got some very strange results bringing in C6.5 projects - the mixer gets all squished down and sized wrong.

^ I think that's because Cubase tries to keep the state of your project as much as possible. So no Channel Strip and such unless you manually activate them. Also the mixer looking pretty much like it used to.
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

bduffy wrote:I love the new mixer, especially after watching the tutorials, reading up and practicing. It's definitely a new paradigm, and I think it's quite well-made, just takes some getting used to.

But I did notice that graphic mash-up in the channel strip! I suspect this is something that will be smoothed out with the next update.

For now, I'm going to avoid shrinking the mixer that much and use the 3 separate mixers, 4 switchable mixer snapshots and track-searching to get around. Also, you can tab through controls quite easily, so there are options to avoiding the scaling issue.
Yeah I'll give it a chance for sure, It IS a big change, will take a while to settle into it. I've been using a single widescreen monitor the past while but I think I will go back to a dual set-up again.

lotus2035 wrote:
bduffy wrote:I love the new mixer, especially after watching the tutorials, reading up and practicing. It's definitely a new paradigm, and I think it's quite well-made, just takes some getting used to.

Yeah I'll give it a chance for sure, It IS a big change, will take a while to settle into it. I've been using a single widescreen monitor the past while but I think I will go back to a dual set-up again.
That's interesting you say that, because I'm seeing this update more as a one-monitor solution, i.e., just working with the Mixer more and only switching back to the Project Window for clip editing. But I try to avoid sweet, sweet dual monitors because it's bad for me neck.

There are some special new features for dual monitors, though...

The new chord track is amazing! Maybe my favorite feature of C7 so far...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MIxTvQYa5E&feature=plcp

Marcus797 wrote:The new chord track is amazing! Maybe my favorite feature of C7 so far...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MIxTvQYa5E&feature=plcp
Wonder how many are enjoying cubase 7 on here, steinberg forum, and gearslutz?

I am definitely going to get it, just waiting till pay day :) The general impression seems to be positive albeit there are a few glitches.

Here's another dope video of the chord track in action! 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKJBylfBcIM

Wow that chord track feature is nice. Plus that vst connect. I think I'm a get cubase 7. LOL...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”