Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think they didn't change graphics in release candidates.

Minor issue really.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:But we can definitely expect paid upgrades every 3/4th to 1 year from now on. :dog:
You mean the 6.5 upgrade? Well, pretty obvious that you would have to pay for that, as it featured 2 new synth plugins, which were sold on Steinberg's shop for like 50 euros each...

Not only that. Remember the dot upgrades of PT7? I think Steinberg goes the PT route now.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Well, i know it sounds harsh, and i know some people can't resist it, but, the best way to cope with (upgrade) prices which you think are unfair or unjustified, is not to buy the damn thing. :) As simple as that, prices are determined by what a company can take, not by the costs of development, or anything. Of course, we can discuss about prices here for ages now, but that won't change anything about Steinberg's policy.

True - just my impression though.

Then again, I've been with them since mid 90ies and I only commented on what I could observe through the last couple of years.

Anyway... someone found a sign in terms of manual yet?
bduffy, what's with your mail contact?

Compyfox wrote:I think they didn't change graphics in release candidates.

Minor issue really.
Not an issue in any way at all imo. I was just wondering (after seeing that graphic) if you maybe could switch between them, that's all.

chk071 wrote: Of course, we can discuss about prices here for ages now, but that won't change anything about Steinberg's policy.
actually when samp pro x came out users were livid about the upgrade cost and it created quite an uproar on their forums and other forums (including here)...so much so they went right to damage control and listened to their customers by changing the upgrade. Now this isn't about samp of course, but I think Steiny would be equally smart (or smarter) as magix...so discussing prices could indeed affect a change in their business model :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Compyfox wrote: Anyway... someone found a sign in terms of manual yet?
In this thread Ed Doll says that manual will be available AFTER the release date.

:dog:
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

Since I'm impatient on that behalf, I went ahead and posted over on the Steinberg Boards as well. Maybe I'll get an answer regarding the mixing console this time (still waiting for an answer to my mail!).

I think I won't be able to upgrade right away, but I'd have loved to "read" the manual beforehand. I mean... it's two weeks until the release. A RC manual would suffice. But it's Steinberg's call - as usual. Better support - they're working on it. Definitely, hard. :roll:

If you need the manual prior to update, wait until it is there and update afterwards.
You are not forced to update the 5th you know...
No big deal...

I know, but it is(!) a big deal if the mixer is not what I expect. And this is what I want to check "prior" to the release date. Because this way I have the chance to still get Cubase 6.5. Even though it might not help financially on the long run (which is a different topic).

I don't see why this is a problem? If other developers can do that, or are at least more responsive, why not Steinberg as well?

Unless I'm thinking wrong. I mean - this is KVR after all. :shrug:

Compyfox wrote: this way I have the chance to still get Cubase 6.5.
Not from Cubase 6. That update option no longer exists.
Compyfox wrote:And regarding the grace period - well, all videos say "you get C7 as full version", but it looks like you only get C7 Artist.
That's false.

The asio guard looks cool but to be honest I had hoped they were going to streamline the next version instead they are tacking on more and more. Studio One for the win in that respect.

Question as I can't make it out, is the new C7 variaudio able to pick through harmonic structure like melodyne's DNA detection?

glasgene wrote:Question as I can't make it out, is the new C7 variaudio able to pick through harmonic structure like melodyne's DNA detection?
No, Variaudio's new feature is about editing several mono tracks at the same time in a single window.

standalone wrote:
glasgene wrote:Question as I can't make it out, is the new C7 variaudio able to pick through harmonic structure like melodyne's DNA detection?
No, Variaudio's new feature is about editing several mono tracks at the same time in a single window.

Ah ok cheers .. that's a useful tool.

Cubase may become more composition alone...the channel strip looks like a clutter magnet to me maybe my opinion will change in use.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”