Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cubase 7 looks amazing. I love the changes to the mixer and the addition of the channel strip. The channel strip alone would be worth the upgrade. EQ has a nice analyzer built in now too. They've also added Voxengo's CurveEQ.

I wonder if the new online collaboration tool "VST Connect SE" will work well. It would be really cool if it does.

I just moved to Cubase 6.5 and I can't wait to get my hands on Cubase 7. Christmas starts early this year :)

AstralExistence wrote:umm, why cant i find any info on the new docking windows feature? man. working with windows in cubase is an utter chore. you know, i hate to say it, but it looks like they have not fixed the windows issue. well, bye bye cubase then and hello reaper or fl studio 11. man this is such a crappy update nothing really jumps out and grabs my attention. and the new theme looks awful like they hired the bremmers and ntracks developers to design the new interface.
Wow, you gotta hate windows. :?

Well each to its own, for me working with windows is better than cluttering up my whole screen with dockable elements...

well, this is just my opinion, i hate the new look, others may dig it. to me, it looks unfinished. but i mean, how many new features can you add to a daw before feature creep sinks in. i wont be upgrading to artist7 but, maybe after i try version7 ill like it.

Hmm I don't know what to think to be honest. I am underwhelmed. I guess I expected a better approach to freezing. S1v2 has got track transform which is brilliant.

I think the new mixer is a little ugly! But I could warm up to it. And it's new features are really good. Create fx sends from within console, vst search, new modules, very helpful overall could really speed things up.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Voxengo CurveEQ included lol, didn't see that one coming...

UGH! I have to wait until December 5. Oh well, I have an EP to finish... I guess that will keep me busy.

While I'm disappointed that the "promised" new docking window system doesn't appear to exist in Cubase 7, there are a lot of features when you read deep into the "What's new" page that are very welcome.

I'm curious about the new Chord Track, Chord Assistant, and VariAudio integration. I think that could be a workflow improvement or a "why bother" but I'm interested. And before you strap on your "inner curmudgeon" and say that's just a cheat for non-musicians--I studied classical music theory at one of the top music schools in the US and I'm *still* interested.

From what I can tell, it looks like the VST effects list is dynamic. This is HUGE. I'm so sick of the 6-prefader insert limitation. The channel strips actually look nice too. And you can use search for VST effects... Finally!

This was hidden at the bottom. I'm really interested in this:
Bulletproof ASIO-Guard
The Steinberg Audio Engine has also been extended with the brand-new ASIO-Guard technology. Rely on our intelligent dropout-prevention algorithms and focus only on your sound — just like in the analog days. With this bulletproof technology our goal is to help Cubase users get the maximum performance out of their systems.
Maybe this is the same thing Reaper has--dynamic pre-rendering of effects so that I don't have to worry about CPU resources when I press play? I hope so! This could be THE BIGGEST improvement of the whole product if so.

AstralExistence wrote:well, this is just my opinion, i hate the new look, others may dig it. to me, it looks unfinished. but i mean, how many new features can you add to a daw before feature creep sinks in. i wont be upgrading to artist7 but, maybe after i try version7 ill like it.
It's not just you. But that may change when I see it more in action. I HATED screen shots of sonar x2 when I first saw it and like it up close and personal. But what I think is it's just TOO contrasting.

Some nice stuff not many or much, but nice enought I guess.

Anyway probably will take a long time till I know since I dont have a eLock nor I will get one.

I LOVE THE PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE! VIVA!

hibidy wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:well, this is just my opinion, i hate the new look, others may dig it. to me, it looks unfinished. but i mean, how many new features can you add to a daw before feature creep sinks in. i wont be upgrading to artist7 but, maybe after i try version7 ill like it.
It's not just you. But that may change when I see it more in action. I HATED screen shots of sonar x2 when I first saw it and like it up close and personal. But what I think is it's just TOO contrasting.
Don't forget Cubase offers options to adjust the brightness, contrast etc. of the colorcheme. To me it looks good. I think I will get used to this new look quickly.

I like many of the improvements and additions. Altogether it's enough to make me upgrade to 7.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Right off the bat, I am torn. I am happy they upgraded the mixer, although I'm not sure if it's for the better or not. With all of the giant knobs shown in the screenshot, it looks like Reason's outrageously huge mixer, which is a turn-off for me. Does anyone know for sure if all of the built-in "channel strip" crap can be hidden, showing just a view of inserts AND sends at the same time? That is what I really want out of the mixer.

Most of the other stuff looks really cool to me too. As a user of both Cubase and Live, I have to say I am more excited about Cubase 7 than Live 9 (not that that really has any relevance in this discussion).

The mixer looks more ... practical. The track list looks nice and at least the mixer fills up the entire screen now. I wonder if they also did that for arrange, added some kind of track list.

Maybe there are more details to come.

Update prices will be 149 and 199 euros from Cubase 6.5 / Cubase 6, respectively, and 99 and 149 euros from Cubase Artist 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6, respectively.
http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... 75&t=28248

LawrenceF wrote:The mixer looks more ... practical. The track list looks nice and at least the mixer fills up the entire screen now. I wonder if they also did that for arrange, added some kind of track list.

Maybe there are more details to come.
Yes, I'm guessing there will be more details to come soon !

Steinberg ROCKS

:band2:

lotus2035 wrote:
Update prices will be 149 and 199 euros from Cubase 6.5 / Cubase 6, respectively, and 99 and 149 euros from Cubase Artist 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6, respectively.
http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... 75&t=28248
Little bit confused with that, what would I pay as a Cubase Artist 6.5 to get the full version of 7?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

I would say those prices for Artist 6/6.5 are for the upgrade to Artist 7.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”