Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ZINO wrote:my IQ dropped by 30 points by talking to you.
That one is too easy, I'll let it go.
Bye-bye and enjoy your upgrade.
What makes you think I'm upgrading?
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Compyfox wrote: I can definitely back that up. It's an intereting concept which can be drasically enhanced. I only hope Steinberg listens to FR's and things get towards the right direction.
Well, they are very slow about it and sometimes I think they play coy. I've had extensive e-mails with them about the use cases for audiowarp(not timewarp) on the arrange page for example. It's almost like they purposefully DON'T want to understand. But, it's probably a language thing.

But, anyone who lived through the SX phase will understand that somewhere during the 4/5 cycle, they have actually started to improve a bit.

Things that still piss me off
-transparent events removed for no reason
-when bringing up audio warping, they refer you to time warping ...
-modal dialogs and windows that can't be set to 'always on top'
-routing directly to other audio tracks
-independent cycle and punch (they had it on the Atari version for cripes sake.)
-independent cycle playback mode (all tracks play)
-non-aligned cycle recording (not every punch/cycle is to try to do the same thing over and over)

etc... I probably have 100 things on my wish list. Many of them existed in VST/32 and before, but were lost moving to SX.

hmm... they also just posted a picture of an audio analysis report. Pretty cool. Not sure how configurable it is. But, there do seem to be a lot of little things that we have yet to find.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
glasgene wrote:there is a tube and tape stage in the channel strip. The tape would be a new algorithm..non?
non
Where in cubase 6 is there tape saturation?

I see kvr hasn't changed with the "gotta be right" attitude of the few that spend their life here.

When people ask a question or post something that has been brought up before you can thank these numpties, there's so much crap to trawl through you can't blame them starting a completely new thread.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
glasgene wrote:there is a tube and tape stage in the channel strip. The tape would be a new algorithm..non?
non

I see kvr hasn't changed with the "gotta be right" attitude of the few that spend their life here.

When people ask a question or post something that has been brought up before you can blame these numpties, there's so much crappier to trawl through you can't blame them starting a completely new thread.

glasgene wrote: Where in cubase 6 is there tape saturation?
On the Borgz site they have responded that the channel strip is based off updated versions of existing plugs. They have a saturator, not sure if that's where the "tape" would BE from ... might be Karlette for all I know. I'm just going from the statement from a steiny mod.

SJ_Digriz wrote:hmm... they also just posted a picture of an audio analysis report. Pretty cool. Not sure how configurable it is. But, there do seem to be a lot of little things that we have yet to find.
If it's anything like Wavelab, I don't think it can be configured at all.

Still a solution to the missing (and Nuendo exclusive) Loudness Track. Dammit, why is it so special to be "exclusive"? Stupid IMO.

Still a lot of Q's to be answered. And I really don't like JHP's additude at the boards. Unless I don't get the jokes by the borgz team. Then again - they have to answer tons of Q's - some of which could have been easily evaded with the providal of a manual.

We'll have to wait and see.

I'm still hesitating to upgrade though. It's tempting with the new chord track, the mixer (which can be enhanced). But I think we have to wait for CUbase X until we have everything reordered. By... 2015 or so? If the upgrade cycles are shorter now, that's pretty much realistic. Unless C8 takes the cake.

Nah seriously... keeping an eye on it. Was even thinking about getting the "Synth Collection" this time around. But I still fear that they drop them again - like they did with many of their other excellent tools before.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

sorry double post :)
Last edited by glasgene on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glasgene wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
non

When people ask a question or post something that has been brought up before you can blame these numpties, there's so much crappier to trawl through you can't blame them starting a completely new thread.
See this post .. or is your enter key stuck?
glasgene wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote: On the Borgz site they have responded that the channel strip is based off updated versions of existing plugs. They have a saturator, not sure if that's where the "tape" would BE from ... might be Karlette for all I know. I'm just going from the statement from a steiny mod.

Do you think Cubase 7 would work under Windows XP, I know 6 worked for some people?
simon

thebaggytrouseredone wrote:Do you think Cubase 7 would work under Windows XP, I know 6 worked for some people?
I'm am sure it will work for some people.

thebaggytrouseredone wrote:Do you think Cubase 7 would work under Windows XP, I know 6 worked for some people?
Helge Vogt (Steinberg) wrote in the german Cubase forum:
"Cubase 7 funktioniert definitiv nicht unter Windows XP. Es ist daher auch nicht mehr möglich die Installation unter XP durchzuführen."
Translation:
"Cubase 7 is definitely not working under WinXP. Hence the installation is no longer possible under XP."
It`s not a bug... it`s a feature!

More important, as I want to build a new PC (now XP 32 bit, want to go WIN 8 64 bit), does it run under Windows 8 from the start?
Don't want to invest in the more expensive Win 7!
Last edited by Albert.VST on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dumping XP is OK for me.

Windows XP has seen eleven years and three new versions since it was born. It's about time to move on.

Its now a cheap on-line upgrade to Windows 8 and most reports seem to indicate 8 is stabe and good for audio, I cant realy think of a reason not to upgrade XP to 8 and go 64 bit. Cubase 7 will run on Windows 8 64bit.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”