Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OOps... don't know what it is, but steinberg's website is down for maintenance.
Maybe it's just a (big) website overhaul... :hihi: :hihi:

5...4...3...2...1... website relaunch? :)

Site down because of maintenance, yeah right ;-)
http://www.steinberg.de/ brings you to: http://www.steinberg.de/maintenance/

chk071 wrote:5...4...3...2...1... website relaunch? :)
Actually, the word on der Strasse is that they are going to announce a major change.

The eLicenser is going to be reborn as the iShackle which will fit snugly around the ankle of licensed users. This is in response to numerous complaints about lost dongles and associated bleating on teh interwebz.

For a small fee you will be able to keep all your current licenses and transfer them to the new slimline model with a gorgeous blue led which will emit a telling aroma and a piercing alarm sound when software authorisation is in the "Tilt" state. Don't be concerned - in normal use the Tilt state will not be invoked but if you are messing with too many 3rd Party addons and placing excessive demands on the CPU our heuristic routines suggest you may be an unauthorised user and we will need to authenticate your identity and licenses. Call out fees to neutralise the alarm and odour will be modest and all genuine licensed users will have the comfort of knowing that nobody is getting a free ride here.

Website's back up now- Nuendo 6 or Cubase 7?

Both!

Why expect just one when you can have both! :party:

That's gonna take a while to get used to on the eyes, me thinks......

Looks excellent. :)

wel that was all a bit meh

new mixer, chord track, automatic harmony writer - bah

Where is the end to bloody windows problems and multi channel instrument tracks
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

ericj23 wrote:wel that was all a bit meh

new mixer, chord track, automatic harmony writer - bah

Where is the end to bloody windows problems and multi channel instrument tracks
Looks good to me, the channel strip for a start

osx 10.7+ sigh

constantly battling with mixer windows in cubase so the new mixer might be good. Not sure about the integrated fx chain/channel strip, somehow doesn't seem very "pro". will see how it sounds.
Last edited by hibrasil on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ericj23 wrote:Where is the end to bloody windows problems and multi channel instrument tracks
Maybe they fixed it but didn't mention that?
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

umm, why cant i find any info on the new docking windows feature? man. working with windows in cubase is an utter chore. you know, i hate to say it, but it looks like they have not fixed the windows issue. well, bye bye cubase then and hello reaper or fl studio 11. man this is such a crappy update nothing really jumps out and grabs my attention. and the new theme looks awful like they hired the bremmers and ntracks developers to design the new interface.
Last edited by AstralExistence on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Does it come with a free pair of sunglasses?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”