Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ahhhh. No worries. It's bought and paid for. I'll eat dinner and do some odds and ends then it'll be done.

bduffy wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:WHAT'S IT LIKE YOU MAGGOTS? :x

My update is in the mail. :hyper:
:hihi:

Would you believe I watched 2001 just the other night on Netflix, first time I've seen the whole thing all the way through in one sitting. :borg:

Steinberg. get rid of the dongle and use a serial or key file for authorization like Reaper. so I can at least "try" the demo. or something

uh oh, I'm trying to install and I get this window that I need a newer windows operating system. Now I see the minimum requirements of Windows 7 or 8.
I'm using Windows XP. I'm screwed. I emailed support pleading for a refund since I ordered the download and didnt/couldn't activate anything. DAMN! :-o
I looked at every detail but the one that counts! :oops: :x :shock: :(
I was planning on upgrading my workstation but not now. Unless Steinberg has alot of Xmas spirit, I have a feeling I won't be using Cubase 7 until Cubase 7.5 comes out. If I could reach my butt, I'd kick it!

dblock wrote:uh oh, I'm trying to install and I get this window that I need a newer windows operating system. Now I see the minimum requirements of Windows 7 or 8.
I'm using Windows XP. I'm screwed. I emailed support pleading for a refund since I ordered the download and didnt/couldn't activate anything. DAMN! :-o
I looked at every detail but the one that counts! :oops: :x :shock: :(
I was planning on upgrading my workstation but not now. Unless Steinberg has alot of Xmas spirit, I have a feeling I won't be using Cubase 7 until Cubase 7.5 comes out. If I could reach my butt, I'd kick it!
Oh, shit! I know, I get upgrade-blinders on too. Like when I missed that there weren't drivers for my audio interface when I decided to upgrade to Mountain Lion....

Also just found out tonight that openlabs, the people who make my Neko workstation went bust. No more support or new keyboards. Wtf is going on?? lol. Things are changing right under my nose.

download is not going fast 100 - 300 kbps. more than a 2 hour d/l.

dblock wrote:Also just found out tonight that openlabs, the people who make my Neko workstation went bust. No more support or new keyboards. Wtf is going on?? lol. Things are changing right under my nose.
No shit! Wow. They didn't get bought out by someone?

Well, if you can bear upgrading to Win 7, there's a fancy new Cubase waiting for you...can't Win 7 be tweaked to be more like XP?

well after all that i cannot use this software either. every time i load a VST Cubase 7.0.0 32bit crashes hard saying please save your work - then it hangs hard, won't kill task and when i reboot to kill the process Windows 7 x64 BSODs!! :x :lol:

Works great here... ASIO Guard is some of the big features for Windows users, which gives smaller latency or ASIO load for the same projects. Now they have also some ASIO latency compensation for MIDI... Often a problem in the past, that recorded Midi events need manual quantization because they are recorded too early.

The new mixer console is very, very good too. It's some of the best major releases of Cubase since a long time and IMO they are now in the premium leaque without competitors.

There are some small things (some of this are known and will be fixed in the next maintainance update). Some other stuff is unfortunately not fixed in this release eg. instrument tracks supporting multi-out plug-ins or a new window framework... But it's stated from the Steinberg guys, that all of this stuff will come in the (hopefully) not so far future.

I'm very happy with Cubase 7 :love:

Man, I wish my upgrade would get here so I could start complaining.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Here's my first complain: Remote Controller Editor! after a few trials, looks more like a GUI for rearranging plugins parameter (until now, no way to make it communicate with an hardware controller, still the old Generic Remote looks needed)...
I was hoping for something like Presonus Studio One, anyway i wrote on their forum ( https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtop ... 55#p191855 , i am - guess what - goyya76 over there) for whoever is interested/wants to join whining!

ciao,
Goyya

bduffy wrote:Well, everything went well, except I can't open any of my larger, complex projects.
ok that's weird cause the whole thing is that it's supposed to be like 5 times more efficient with the new safetby buffer like logic has.

Have you got all that enabled, etc?

TheoM wrote:
bduffy wrote:Well, everything went well, except I can't open any of my larger, complex projects.
ok that's weird cause the whole thing is that it's supposed to be like 5 times more efficient with the new safetby buffer like logic has.

Have you got all that enabled, etc?
I figured it out: it's my Waves V7 bundle. Looks like V7 + C7 = No go.

Man, I really don't feel like shelling out another $200, just to use plug-ins I paid over a grand for...grrr... :x

bduffy wrote: I figured it out: it's my Waves V7 bundle. Looks like V7 + C7 = No go.

Man, I really don't feel like shelling out another $200, just to use plug-ins I paid over a grand for...grrr... :x
Well, a 5 year old product with a proprietary wrapper ... What do you expect?

Not busting your balls by the way. But, this is hardly Steinberg's fault. They said up front that 2.3 stuff could have issues. Heck, I would have bet money that Waves would be a problem.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”