Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by standalone on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sequel 4?

Actaully, it's about time for a cubey update isn't it?

Cubase 7 in 4 days .... 3 days.....2 days....1 day .....Released !

Muziksculp wrote:Cubase 7 in 4 days .... 3 days.....2 days....1 day .....Released !
Do you know something the rest of us don't or is this just wishful thinking?

Wishful thinking I bet!

Although it would be pretty cool. How much does it usually cost to upgrade Cubase? I've only had it since 6.5.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Wishes can come true :D

Just check Steinberg's webiste in 4 days, and you will know for sure !

Looking forward to Cubase 7 Steinberg ROCKS

:band:

:phones:

:hyper:
Blue Phase Music

Cubase 7 would be great, but hold all the gimmicky crap, like LoopMash. Let's see a fix for the janky window management on Windows, and an updated mixer that gives you the option to see a channel's inserts and sends at the same time. Those two alone would make me giddy as f**k for an upgrade. :)

Aiynzahev wrote:How much does it usually cost to upgrade Cubase?
From the previous version around €150 or thereabouts, maybe cheaper.

sockofgold wrote:Cubase 7 would be great, but hold all the gimmicky crap, like LoopMash. Let's see a fix for the janky window management on Windows, and an updated mixer that gives you the option to see a channel's inserts and sends at the same time. Those two alone would make me giddy as f**k for an upgrade. :)
Maybe Halion 4 was a sign of things to come in terms of the windows layout. :)

lotus2035 wrote:
sockofgold wrote:Cubase 7 would be great, but hold all the gimmicky crap, like LoopMash. Let's see a fix for the janky window management on Windows, and an updated mixer that gives you the option to see a channel's inserts and sends at the same time. Those two alone would make me giddy as f**k for an upgrade. :)
Maybe Halion 4 was a sign of things to come in terms of the windows layout. :)
That's what I'm hoping , my fear is that it might be based on Wavelab 7. Talk about the right way and the wrong way.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

So I don't make a thread about cubase. Trying out the demo of 6.5. What do you think about cubases workflow to maschine or studio one. I notice cubase doesn't have any drag and drop. Also, whats up with the windows. It get annoying. Other than that I like. Thanks!

jsheem wrote:So I don't make a thread about cubase. Trying out the demo of 6.5. What do you think about cubases workflow to maschine or studio one. I notice cubase doesn't have any drag and drop. Also, whats up with the windows. It get annoying. Other than that I like. Thanks!
It has drag & drop, just implemented the borg way, so that no other app supports it. Kind of like VST3. Vendors say its Steinberg, Steinberg says its the vendors. Of course it works like you would expect in 90% of the other apps, so guess who most people think is to blame.

The drag/drop issue is closely tied to your complaint about windowing. Cubase has used an oddly implemented version of the original Windows MDI (Multi Document Interface) system. Without going into a bunch of details, technically it is "correct" as far as it does follow the spec. It just happens to avoid a lot of the conventions that went with the spec. The result is a goofey inconsistent windowing system that hasn't changed for many many years. It is one of the big hopes for C7. So there are no "bugs", but their is a poor behavior pattern in certain scenarios. Anyone using a tabbed/docked interface will find the interface clumsy. What I find funny is that we will probably get a docked interface just in time for the rest of the world to move to the utility interfaces that support multi-device implementations. So, about a year after C7 comes out with a docked interface, the next gen of DAW users will wonder why it has such an old and clunky interface design.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

jsheem wrote:So I don't make a thread about cubase. Trying out the demo of 6.5. What do you think about cubases workflow to maschine or studio one. I notice cubase doesn't have any drag and drop. Also, whats up with the windows. It get annoying. Other than that I like. Thanks!
No drag-and-drop plus the ridiculously horrid window management is a pain for sure. Studio One has the edge there, IMO. Cubase has the lead pretty much everywhere else for my tastes, though. The GUI for Studio One kind of turns into a big gray indecipherable mess, whereas Cubase's is really clean and provides nice visual separation of everything. When you have a large session open for hours at a time, this kind of thing makes a HUGE difference.

I like them both, though. Really excited about the supposed S1 2.5 release, and really excited to see what (if anything) this announcement will add to Cubase.

I hope C7 deals with the windows issue. Tbh it doesn't really cause me near the problems in use that I thought it would. I just assigned a maximize key command and a close all windows key command. It's all pretty fast here.

I almost upgraded to S1v2 and the GUI is cleaner, but it's still a mess compared to Cubase IMO, this is the main reason I switched to Cubase from Studio One.

S1 is grey, dull, a little dark, feels like an old app, Cubase just feels much brighter, fresher and more open. Things are much easier to see quicker in Cubase for me.

2 great features about Cubase that really helped me switch was trim at the top of the mixer and the fact that the mixer channels self-organize so you will always know where to find your new tracks. If you put tracks in a group for example or a folder, when you open your mixer you will see them grouped together. It's things like that that really help me keep organized and work fast. It makes Cubase feel like a much more serious program.

I actually don't like drag and drop. I find I prefer clicking in the insert window and just loading a plug-in from my list.

One thing I'd really love to see is the track transform from S1v2. Track freezing isn't a very flexible solution.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”