Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I expect the comments about it sounding better just come down to the uaual markering talk. The basis,is likely these new plugins else think of the implication, previous versions sound worse? That throws doubt on the whole company as if they cant make a transparent daw in 6 versions then... you get the idea
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

The comments about sounding better need to be taken in context. In the context of the stupid marketing video, he just says that the inclusion of the channel strip and the easier work flow let him get a better result faster.

Nowhere does it say that Cubase now sounds better.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Aiynzahev wrote:I expect the comments about it sounding better just come down to the uaual markering talk.
I'm waiting for the "wire hanger" mode
dblock wrote: Thanks for the useful response.
Sorry :oops:

SJ_Digriz wrote:The comments about sounding better need to be taken in context. In the context of the stupid marketing video, he just says that the inclusion of the channel strip and the easier work flow let him get a better result faster.

I'll ask again. Sonar has the "console" emu and it does indeed have some voodoo. It's not placebo. Is this what they are talking about?

By the by, steiny did imply better sound once. Actually, I think they said the "warmest" daw, which imho is utter bullocks. Now higher fidelity on the other hand.........:hihi:

hibidy wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:The comments about sounding better need to be taken in context. In the context of the stupid marketing video, he just says that the inclusion of the channel strip and the easier work flow let him get a better result faster.

I'll ask again. Sonar has the "console" emu and it does indeed have some voodoo. It's not placebo. Is this what they are talking about?

By the by, steiny did imply better sound once. Actually, I think they said the "warmest" daw, which imho is utter bullocks. Now higher fidelity on the other hand.........:hihi:
as far as I can tell, you can choose to turn on "tape" or "tube" saturation per-channel. There is no mention of console emulation or anything like that (although that would be awesome). So this is just to give your tracks a little harmonic distortion and probably some EQ rolloff. I think it's a great idea, very convenient, and I would use it a lot, if it sounds OK.

As for that "warm" crap, I just close my eyes and ignore the marketing bull.

That's what I was thinking. So ditch the justin beeber wannabee crap and it's not "quite as bad" marketing bullshit :hihi:

I like the new dark look and I really hope that Wavelab 8 has a similar look/feel.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

hibidy wrote:That's what I was thinking. So ditch the justin beeber wannabee crap and it's not "quite as bad" marketing bullshit :hihi:
Justin Beiber? Did I miss something in the new plug-ins? :wink:

bduffy wrote:
hibidy wrote:That's what I was thinking. So ditch the justin beeber wannabee crap and it's not "quite as bad" marketing bullshit :hihi:
Justin Beiber? Did I miss something in the new plug-ins? :wink:
Wasn't there some kinda viddy posted on here with some dude people were claiming to be a beeber wannabee for the cubey promo? I didn't watch it, life's too short :hihi:

So first I was able to jettison Melodyne because of the Variaudio function, now it looks like I won't be needing a whole load of 3rd party compressors saturators and EQ's.

It looks pretty loaded. What are some other things I might be able to drop?
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:So first I was able to jettison Melodyne because of the Variaudio function, now it looks like I won't be needing a whole load of 3rd party compressors saturators and EQ's.

It looks pretty loaded. What are some other things I might be able to drop?
Retrologue could replace a few VAs?

Looks totally awesome! I would like to know more about the hermodic tuning but if it works on all material, it alone WILL make the sound better.

The mixer improvements look nice, too. So far the built-in channel EQ has been my go-to EQ because it's readily available and easy and fast to use. I can definitely see the other channel strip blocks becoming my go-to's as well. The built-in spectrum analyzer is very welcome too. I just wonder why it took so long to implement that.

I do sort of agree on the colors but if they are as customizable as in the current version, it won't be a problem.

I don't see myself going to be using the Chord Track much but I will definitely give it a spin and see what happens. Also, I have a fairly powerful computer so I'm not sure how much benefit I'd get from the ASIO Guard but sure, why not...
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

jrrshop.com has Cubase 6 for around $359 USD on Amazon. Probably directly on their site as well. I expect this would qualify for a free upgrade to Cubase 7.

definitely interesting but can't stand the marketing at all.
hopefully the software will not went the same direction. :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”