Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SJ_Digriz wrote:
ZINO wrote:
sqigls wrote:I've said it before, and I will say it again, f**k you Steinberg.
Well... it's about time someone f**ks them back after all these 200 Euro upgrades every couple of years.

Loyal Steinberg customer = f**ked up customer
Yeah, how dare they continue to write code year after year. Bastards.
Apparently your favorite book is Schopenhauer's "the art of controversy" or just trolling in modern times. Anyway If you are happy paying half price of the full version every two years for the "new code" just go ahead, I am not.

Look, it's not that hard. At or around the 1.5 year point, you can bank on a paid upgrade of some kind in the near future. WHEN you choose to upgrade is up to YOU. Just because you waited two years before CHOOSING to upgrade is not Steinbergs fault. All the "I got screwed" whining is a load of crap.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

ZINO wrote: Apparently your favorite book is Schopenhauer's "the art of controversy" or just trolling in modern times. Anyway If you are happy paying half price of the full version every two years for the "new code" just go ahead, I am not.
How long do you think they can pay their programmers if they quit charging?

@CompyFox again ..

So, routing is choosing to put the strip before or after the inserts. The filters are fixed to be right after gain/phase. The strip EQ can be moved around inside the strip.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
ZINO wrote: Apparently your favorite book is Schopenhauer's "the art of controversy" or just trolling in modern times. Anyway If you are happy paying half price of the full version every two years for the "new code" just go ahead, I am not.
You don't get it do you? Then tell me why do they charge $100 for Wavelab 7 upgrade fom 6 and $200 for the Cubase 7 upgrade from 6 when both the full versions of Cubase and Wavelab have the same RRP. In my opinion the Wavelab upgrade is fine, while the Cubase one is a rip-off. That's all I am saying and if you don't agree, thats fine, but thats my opinion...

ZINO wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
You don't get it do you? Then tell me why do they charge $100 for Wavelab 7 upgrade fom 6 and $200 for the Cubase 7 upgrade from 6 when both the full versions of Cubase and Wavelab have the same RRP. In my opinion the Wavelab upgrade is fine, while the Cubase one is a rip-off. That's all I am saying and if you don't agree, thats fine, but thats my opinion...
Great, but your opinion is based on your preference for not being charged for stuff. Their opinion is based on their ability to keep the doors open and make a profit. You have no idea what the cost differential is between maintaining Wavelab vs Cubase. Neither do I.

But the continual whining about upgrades is tiresome and irrelevant. You're the only one that gives a shit if you upgrade or not. And, the idea that companies charging for maintenance on software is somehow greedy or evil or whatever is juvenile at best.

SJ_Digriz wrote:@CompyFox again ..

So, routing is choosing to put the strip before or after the inserts. The filters are fixed to be right after gain/phase. The strip EQ can be moved around inside the strip.
Seen that, already answered over on the borgz page as well.

Personally I'd love to get like 10 insert slots (pre-fader), and a "channel strip placement module". Then we're really flexible.

But I think this won't be a FR that will be ported.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

SJ_Digriz wrote:
ZINO wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
Great, but your opinion is based on your preference for not being charged for stuff.
You're a troll or just an idiot.

ZINO wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
ZINO wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
Great, but your opinion is based on your preference for not being charged for stuff.
I'm not a troll, but I've been called an idiot more than once... However, I see you're the one that had to go ad hominem when your straw man caught on fire.

And, I still don't give a shit if you upgrade or not.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
ZINO wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
ZINO wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
I'm not a troll, but I've been called an idiot more than once... However, I see you're the one that had to go ad hominem when your straw man caught on fire.

And, I still don't give a shit if you upgrade or not.
I am not a native English speaker my friend but when I am saying that "a $100 upgrade is fine with me" in no language in the universe this is translated/interpeted as "your preference for not being charged for stuff".
Last edited by ZINO on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Compyfox wrote: Personally I'd love to get like 10 insert slots (pre-fader), and a "channel strip placement module". Then we're really flexible.
Agreed, but...

The HC/LC is where it belongs .. heck I waste an insert for a HP filter on 90% of tracks. So, that's a huge thing for me as long as they don't suck. And, you don't need some ultra precise phase linear EQ for HP.

Being able to move the EQ around inside the channel strip is actually quite a bit of flexibility. But, like you, I'd still like to be able to put the strip anywhere inside the insert chain and increase the number of insert slots. Heck I think they should all be able to be set pre/post fader.

But, this is still FAR better than before.

ZINO wrote: I an not a native English speaker my friend but when I am saying that "a $100 upgrade is fine with me" in no language in the universe this is translated/interpeted as "your preference for not being charged for stuff".
Fine, you win ... Steinberg sucks for charging more than you want for the upgrade ... Happy now? hmm... let me check ... nope still don't give a shit if you upgrade or not.

Can we get back to discussing C7 features please?

EDIT: FWIW you can change idiot to asshole .. that works too

SJ_Digriz wrote:
ZINO wrote: I an not a native English speaker my friend but when I am saying that "a $100 upgrade is fine with me" in no language in the universe this is translated/interpeted as "your preference for not being charged for stuff".
Fine, you win ... Steinberg sucks for charging more than you want for the upgrade ... Happy now? hmm... let me check ... nope still don't give a shit if you upgrade or not.

Can we get back to discussing C7 features please?
Since you don't care why did you originaly pop up to say your smartass comment? Anyway, my IQ dropped by 30 points by talking to you. Bye-bye and enjoy your upgrade.

ZINO wrote: I am saying that "a $100 upgrade is fine with me"
George Carlin has a great line that goes something like...

"Ever notice that people that are going slower than you are idiots, and people going faster than you are maniacs?"

SJ_Digriz wrote: Agreed, but...

The HC/LC is where it belongs .. heck I waste an insert for a HP filter on 90% of tracks. So, that's a huge thing for me as long as they don't suck. And, you don't need some ultra precise phase linear EQ for HP.
Agreed. That module should stay at absolute first instance, no matter at which setup.

SJ_Digriz wrote:Being able to move the EQ around inside the channel strip is actually quite a bit of flexibility. But, like you, I'd still like to be able to put the strip anywhere inside the insert chain and increase the number of insert slots. Heck I think they should all be able to be set pre/post fader.
Also agreed. This is why I got certain channel strip modules in the first place (TeamDNR comes to mind), and this is why they are exist as well.

Maybe this can be improved - if the code is new, and the routing can be done as well. But I need backup from more users over at Steinberg with my FR.

SJ_Digriz wrote:But, this is still FAR better than before.
I can definitely back that up. It's an intereting concept which can be drasically enhanced. I only hope Steinberg listens to FR's and things get towards the right direction.

Compared to OTB mixing however, things drastically improved. We can only hope for the best.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”