Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe they are just counting down like "lost in space" because they felt like it :shrug:

hibidy wrote:Maybe they are just counting down like "lost in space" because they felt like it :shrug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaGG8Oh3Qas
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

Muziksculp wrote:How much money are we betting here ? :D
:) Why in the world would I (or anyone else) actually bet money on something so silly? It's not that important, well... not to me anyway, to bet on.

It's just software. :hihi:

If it is C7 I'll peek at the demo since I have a dongle already. If it is, I hope it's a major hit for Steiny. They pretty much lost me as a customer two years or so ago but I hold no ill will towards them... actually, I think Cubase is pretty great.

P.S. If the MDI interface is gone, most loyal users will have multiple orgasms.

Yes. We will. ;)

It still seems odd to release C7 before N6 but if the time is right, the time is right.

We'll get a peek behind the curtain in a few days I suppose. Steiny always does nioe YT vids for new products so there should be some good viewing of whatever it is.

Best case, imo, would be C7 is "Sequel on steroids". :) Sequel is nice.

LawrenceF wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:How much money are we betting here ? :D
:) Why in the world would I (or anyone else) actually bet money on something so silly? It's not that important, well... not to me anyway, to bet on.

It's just software. :hihi:

If it is C7 I'll peek at the demo since I have a dongle already. If it is, I hope it's a major hit for Steiny. They pretty much lost me as a customer two years or so ago but I hold no ill will towards them... actually, I think Cubase is pretty great.

P.S. If the MDI interface is gone, most loyal users will have multiple orgasms.
Just having fun about the betting money part :hihi:

I'm not too sure about the multiple orgasm thing, but if Cubase 7 offers a lot of improvements in the area of workflow, mixer, new better sounding plug-ins, an advanced Arranger/Pattern track, one-click rendering VSTs to audio, some type of object editing feature like (Samplitude Pro X) , a good solution for managing edit windows, or possibly a flexible docking system for editors, +...etc ...etc. I will have a single orgasm, and be very very happy :D

Cheers,
Muziksculp

The MDI windowing thing is the biggie. Once they change that, given everything else already there under the hood, it's potentially a monster.

A new more "unified" UI, a new mixer design, and some small workflow tweaks across the board = "big winner". If they also add (as the recent survey suggests) a fully downloadable product, even better.

Like I've been sayin all along... never underestimate Steiny. They may have fell behind a little in some areas but they 'aint dead. :) They're in a really good position because everyone else has been showing "big and new" and in the DAW world there's probably actually very little "big and new" left. :hihi:

So when or if they change the UI it's gonna look "really big".

Notation!! yes. Sibelius?

http://www.steinberg.net/en/company/pre ... enter.html

or a Standalone app with a dongle?

Latest news: The threads about the countdown have been deleted from Steinberg's forums after some users said that a Nuendo moderator had confirmed that it's going to be Nuendo.

What did you expect?
Nuendo was long overdue and the cycle is always Nuendo -> Cubase -> Nuendo, etc.

Wavelab and everything else is out of that cycle.
Then again, I still wait for Steinberg to incorporate at least MINIMAL BD-Audio authoring tools. Especially since they dropped DVD-A.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:What did you expect?
As I masterfully illustrated in the thread's title, I was expecting "Nuendo 6 or Cubase 7".

I soon ruled out 'LoopMash 3 Skrillex Edition/Total Dubstep Mayhem'. Not in November.

To be honest, I hope it is Nuendo as I can't really afford an upgrade to Cubase 7 right now. :oops:
Blue Phase Music

Looking like Nuendo 6. Timo over at the Nuendo forums last week...
I'm happy to share some more info on features and functions in Nuendo 6 in near time (not this week but soon).

LawrenceF wrote:Looking like Nuendo 6. Timo over at the Nuendo forums last week...
I'm happy to share some more info on features and functions in Nuendo 6 in near time (not this week but soon).
If it is Nuendo can we reasonably expect to see some of (if there are any) it's new basic workflow and UI enhancements filter down to Cubase 7?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”