Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

almost looks like a pixelated 'nuendo' in the background..

What's wrong with drag and drop in Cubase?

VitaminD wrote:almost looks like a pixelated 'nuendo' in the background..
With a lot of imagination yes..

VitaminD wrote:almost looks like a pixelated 'nuendo' in the background..
How long did you stare at the background ? :hihi:

I saw Cubase 7 as a hidden pattern, stare long enough, and very carefully, and Cubase 7 will gradually begin to get clearer through the background pixelated-pattern.

Do you see it now ? :)

Very excited for Cubase 7.

Cubase 5 & 6 have just been phenomenal to work with. It is incredibly well thought out and there's really nothing I can't accomplish. But there are a few things I have been waiting for that I believe are coming in 7, such as more modern window handling that will make the workflow even nicer.

Ohh Cthulhu.....countdowns are the cheesiest way of marketing, but they simply work :hihi:

I don't have a problem with the windows in Cubase by the way. I don't really like the docking stuff. When I tried Reaper I felt like I just had a very tiny bit of my actual screenspace for everything.
I know that doesn't make sense, I guess it's a perception thing. With Cubase windows I feel like I have my full screen while all the "docking" DAWs make me feel slightly claustrophobic :hihi:

It's probably just because I'm so used to it. It's important to activate "Always on top" for EVERYTHING though, it drives me crazy when nothing is maximized anymore once I click on something.

Cheers
Dennis

For a few years Steinberg development has had Nuendo as the tick to Cubase's tock. I suspect that it is Nuendo's turn for an update after 6.5. And I can see that dealing with a smaller more professional user base might be more manageable if you change the windows layout, add multichannel/multi input instrument tracks, adding envelopes to offline processing and adding the ability to see sends and inserts on the mixer at the same time etc

But as a cubase user I want 7 in time for Xmas - I know what I would be wanting from Santa!
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

But if it were Nuendo, they wouldn't need a teaser. Pros who use it don't get excited like we Cubase users do...
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

I saw dead people

Karten wrote:But if it were Nuendo, they wouldn't need a teaser. Pros who use it don't get excited like we Cubase users do...

Haha... That's a good point. Since we (Non-Pro-Cubasers) need a Steiny-Teaser to get us excited :)

ericj23 wrote:But as a cubase user I want 7 in time for Xmas - I know what I would be wanting from Santa!
Why though? New major releases from any vendor are always buggy. I highly prize a solid, stable platform over "new" any day of the week. A new version usually means I need to wait 6 months until enough updates are out and the show stopping problems have been rectified.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

I just switched to Cubase and I'm really liking it. I hope there is better window handling as it gets cluttered fast and most other daws have the option to dock or undock. More stereo Reason rewire channels other than the main 2 would be also be cool. I also think the vst instrument window should go and the midi and out configurations be put in the instrument tracks instead, It would be cleaner. Can't wait for 7.

WAVELAB 8!

It's more likely Sequel v4 since it's at v3 right now.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”