Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Katzenjammer wrote:It's more likely Sequel v4 since it's at v3 right now.
? The 4 in the count was a 5 yesterday. Nuendo is 2 and a half years old. Sequel 3 somewhat less.
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

Muziksculp wrote:
VitaminD wrote:almost looks like a pixelated 'nuendo' in the background..
How long did you stare at the background ? :hihi:

I saw Cubase 7 as a hidden pattern, stare long enough, and very carefully, and Cubase 7 will gradually begin to get clearer through the background pixelated-pattern.
??? I do not see this...

ericj23 wrote:
Katzenjammer wrote:It's more likely Sequel v4 since it's at v3 right now.
? The 4 in the count was a 5 yesterday. Nuendo is 2 and a half years old. Sequel 3 somewhat less.
Ok, then I missed the countdown from 5 to 4. I checked the site both yesterday and today. Said 4 both times. Guess the server is in a non EU timezone perhaps? Anyways, interested in what's to come.

I don't think it will be either Cubase or Wavelab.

EDIT:
Scratch that, from current posts, it seems to be a counter.

Steinberg said about 4 weeks ago (through a support conversation, with me asking three times in a row) that they don't have anything planned for Cubase. Though I know that they can't talk about it. I expect C7 by Winter NAMM 2013. But I think Nuendo needs an update first.

Whatever it is, I still don't like Steinberg's guerillia marketing.

I mean, can't users be informed in advance? Like "hey, we got a beta/RC, wanna test?" or at least "dear sirs, we announce Snubbadediggle-ding, we plan to release it in three months - put some money aside".
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

To be honest i think they wouldn't make such a big deal about a new Sequel version. ;)

what I hope for would be a single product Cubase that has a Nuendo add-on. That way all of the eatures would finally be in line. If they can do it for the 800 sub versions of Cubase, why can't they do it with Nuendo features?
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Muziksculp wrote:Image

Do you see it now ? :)
Nice fake. :) The Cubase 7 text isn't on the real one. :hihi:

The pixeled background looks like nuendo lol

Even if it's C7 I wont upgrade. I went from C1 to C4 to C6.5. I rather buy something else and wait for C8. :x

the background could also spell "nuthin" :D

ozinga wrote:The pixeled background looks like nuendo lol
It's probably Nuendo or else Wavelab.

It's going to be a completely new wobble-step daw
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

2.5 years since the last major Nuendo version update. My money is on Nuendo 6.

From various hints it will have VCA's and some other things PT users want, N6. With Avid struggling financially and Steiny picking up the Sibileus devs, it's maybe a good time to grab some of the PT market before the next version of PT.

LawrenceF wrote:2.5 years since the last major Nuendo version update. My money is on Nuendo 6.

From various hints it will have VCA's and some other things PT users want, N6. With Avid struggling financially and Steiny picking up the Sibileus devs, it's maybe a good time to grab some of the PT market before the next version of PT.
How much money are we betting here ? :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”