Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been watching the new features videos and there is a lot more new than I thought. In fact a lot of my existing plugins may well become redundant. One very interesting video is the one on loudness and Cubase's integration of the EBU R128 standard to show actual loudness, well worth a read:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf7QZnh4 ... XFpawTKm6B

Can I still use Cubase 6 while learning Cubase 7?
That could be a deal maker for me.

dblock wrote:Can I still use Cubase 6 while learning Cubase 7?
Yes you can, just install C7 along side of it.

bobbybland wrote:
dblock wrote:Can I still use Cubase 6 while learning Cubase 7?
Yes you can, just install C7 along side of it.
Thanks for the quick reply bobbyland. That's what I was hoping so I can keep writing uring the day using Cubase 6 and boggle my mind afterward without slowing production much.I guess I'll order it. I can still learn how to use it while Steinberg irons out the bugs.
Thanks! :D

Hey fellow-C7 and Waves owners:

It looks like WaveShell-VST 7.1 might be incompatible with Cubase 7. Are there any V7 + C7 owners out there that can confirm crashing with V7 (I'm on Mac OS 10.8.2.)?

Thanks.

Was thinking about downloading instead of the box version. How long did it take to download? (don't want to be up half the night like I was downloading Slate drums) :?:

dblock wrote:Was thinking about downloading instead of the box version. How long did it take to download? (don't want to be up half the night like I was downloading Slate drums) :?:
Took me about 15 minutes, with a slow highspeed connection (1.5MB/s).

bduffy wrote:
dblock wrote:Was thinking about downloading instead of the box version. How long did it take to download? (don't want to be up half the night like I was downloading Slate drums) :?:
Thanks bduffy. I guess I'll kit the buy button.

dblock wrote:
bduffy wrote:
Yeah, I think they upgraded their servers; none of the dead links like upgrades-past. :)

bduffy wrote:
dblock wrote:
bduffy wrote:
Yeah, I think they upgraded their servers; none of the dead links like upgrades-past. :)
I was noticing that Padshop comes with Cubase 6.5 (which I didn't get). How about Cubase 7? I like that synth

dblock wrote:
bduffy wrote:
dblock wrote:
bduffy wrote:
I was noticing that Padshop comes with Cubase 6.5 (which I didn't get). How about Cubase 7? I like that synth
Yep. You get all the nice, new synths with v7.

bduffy wrote:
dblock wrote:
bduffy wrote:
dblock wrote:
bduffy wrote:
Thanks for the quick helpful info bduffy. I'm buying right now! :D

dblock wrote:
bduffy wrote:
dblock wrote:
bduffy wrote:
dblock wrote:
bduffy wrote: Took me about 15 minutes, with a slow highspeed connection (1.5MB/s).
Thanks for the quick helpful info bduffy. I'm buying right now! :D
Wicked! The synths are amazing!

Unfortunately it's gonna take 3 hrs for my download. :(

dblock wrote:Unfortunately it's gonna take 3 hrs for my download. :(
Oh. Right. I forgot: it's 6x as large if you weren't simply upgrading from v6.5....

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”