Moving VSTs in FL Studio Causes Project File Errors.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For a while I was using a trial version of Massive. I finally bought Komplete the other day, but encountered a serious problem. As any normal PC user would do, I deleted the trial version and cleaned up the install files before installing Komplete, and continued to install. The install completed just fine without any issues.

The problem was that I have project files that are still pointing to the OLD location of the VST, though I cannot, for the life of me, remember WHERE that location used to be.

Now I am stuck with FL errors telling me it can't initialize the plugin because it's no longer in that location, though it is installed and working just fine if I chose to replace the instance of Massive in each project file that is broken. The problem with this is that I have made small tweaks over time to the patches I've made but did not save them as their own presets. If I replace that instance, I will lose all of those tweaks and the track will sound horrible and it also means I'll have to reassign the MIDI controls for each instance, and copy/paste all the automations manually.

Is there not any way around this? I can't see how FL just won't use the newly installed VST, since I've just added it to the list of plugins. I'm stuck and don't want to lose a year's worth of work, so any help would be outstanding!

I don't know of any DAWs that will replace an old VST with a newer version.

I would reinstall the 'old' VST.

:cool:
Last edited by bluzkat on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace...
bluzkat

you might want to enable to see all hidden files to find them
"This beat does not present a reduced risk of harm compared to other beats."

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”