Lesser known / unique DAWs and sequencers

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As an aside:

Damn you people who mention Buzz (or other free trackers). Every time. Every damn time I have to picture to very tech-y interfaces and imagine cool industrial implications in the strict, cold, militant sequencing and forget for a moment all the things that I'm sure would be a major pain and I want to just jump in a spend too-precious time learning lots of key commands when I could just be pointing and clicking away in any given modern sequencer. You tracker fans and your frosty, digital forbidden fruits!
"The last man on earth doesn't miss anyone at all." - Haujobb, Faith In Chaos

Jeskola Buzz has had some major updates the last couple of years. After 10 years of nothing. I have tried all the other daws like reaper,cubase and live. They are all really cool and have there own features to like. When i want to create an original composition Buzz is my No1 go to DAW. For midi work i use Reaper

boombaxx wrote:hen i want to create an original composition Buzz is my No1 go to DAW. For midi work i use Reaper
Am I absolutely alien in thinking this is bizarre for a tracker fan to say? I thought most of the love of trackers was the precise, immediate control of midi data. I'll admit you've thrown me.

EDIT: I mean, I thought the whole deal was: We fans of 'traditional' sequencers of all stripes were clickin' and pointing and dragging and scrolling along while you tracker folks were ticking and tacking and entering right then and there and speeding along to the next. That is: I paint this and that whilst you (allegedly) upload demands and get results from HQ immediately and on with the mission....

???
"The last man on earth doesn't miss anyone at all." - Haujobb, Faith In Chaos

Fist fight! FIST FIGHT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

artificial wrote:maybe SunVox:

http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/
...which deserves some kind of award for cross-compatibility: Windows, Linux, OS X, PalmOS, Windows Mobile, Maemo, iOS, Android & MeeGo (...phew!)

Another one for the Win/Lin/Mac list; cheers, artificial :tu:

ENV1 wrote:Let me put it this way:

If money wasnt an issue, i would hire the dev of Rax'N'Trax his dream-team of co-developers, then fly them all to an island and let them work until they equipped the app with the greatest UI that can possibly be made, implemented the best organisational/workflow system in the universe, and made the whole thing as stable as a nuclear fallout shelter.

Why? Because the concept Rax'N'Trax is based upon is pure ingenuity and somewhat of a dream-come-true for all who believe that the sequencer is the coolest invention of all times. In fact this thing is so full of potential already its scary...just watch the tutorial vids and youll know what i mean. (Yes, they are a bit slow-paced and dry at times, but due to the fact that Rax'N'Trax can do WAY more than one would expect at first glance youre guaranteed to have A-HA moments all the time.)
Trust me, being on an island isn't very inspiring... :wink:

I agree absolutely on your tutorials remarks: they're indeed "slow-paced and dry at times". I began in computers as a teacher. They throw me out immediately: I was way too fast. That's why those tutorials were made during taking some tranqualizers... :)

dave dove wrote:usine
mulab
rax'n'trax

dave
Two out of three are Belgian!

Jo made a Piece of Art (Mulab / Mux).
Buy that product: it's a worth every penny!

(Sorry Jo, I couldn't resist!)

i just been trying mulab
properly for the first time
it is very very good

so hassle free
and reasonably priced...

dave

something I will be trying soon, but have no experience of so far

http://www.geosonix.com/top/
what you don't know only makes you stronger

SQ4 wrote:
mulab
rax'n'trax

dave

Mu.Lab is great, some dance acts from Belgium are great, too (Pump up the Jam!). BTW, big greetz to Patrick de Meyer - ich will nur tanzen und tanzen...jahaha... :lol:

If you're including hardware sequencers ;)

... space is the place ...

Reaper is interesting for non-conventional midi as you can quantise a clip or selection to anything (eg 127/113), stretch or contract clips to any timelength, and then arrange them freely (horizontally and vertically) on a 'surface' using the free item position mode.
With not much more development (eg control/automation clips) Reaper midi could be very powerful as an unconventional sequencer.

SQ4 wrote:
mulab
rax'n'trax

dave

Cheers Eric! Das een Duvelke waard ;) Gaan we binnekort nog es pakken. En tegoei verder bijklappen. Momenteel weer effe zwaar aan t doorgaan op M5. Talk soon! :)

woggle wrote:something I will be trying soon, but have no experience of so far

http://www.geosonix.com/top/
Never seen this one, looks different enough, thanks!

mutools wrote:Das een Duvelke waard
"It dreamed itself along"

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”