Studio One 2.5 Now Available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, I've thought S1's timestretching has been good too.

So, I did my little test with 4 instances of TH2/recabinet/maageq4, markstudio bass 2, 8 channels of ominshpere and studio drummer and it worked :shrug:

Still the CPU flickers which makes me quite nervous but this is at a 128 buffer and 48k :shrug:

:shrug:

ignore the meter, it act more like a vu thing than actual useful cpu meter ;)

as long as your machine doesnt pop or click - youre good (but you know that).

i really like this update, lots of good changes arrived. wish I had some more time to use it at the moment

Tehnik wrote: as long as your machine doesnt pop or click - youre good (but you know that).
Boy do I ever :x :bang:

I noticed a strange bug since S1 v1 but I got so used to it it's part of the workflow by now.

I'm loading a song into S1 and it crackles like hell on playback. I go into audio settings, change latency from e.g 20 to 50, press OK, go back again and change it from 50 back to 20, crackling is gone, all normal. Should report this in the S1 forum some time.
Cowbells!

I stopped using it because of that problem and have been using the AI version of Cubase that came with my interface ever since. This is the first I've heard of anyone else with this problem and I did tons of searching. I never reported in the form either.

dalor wrote:I noticed a strange bug since S1 v1 but I got so used to it it's part of the workflow by now.

I'm loading a song into S1 and it crackles like hell on playback. I go into audio settings, change latency from e.g 20 to 50, press OK, go back again and change it from 50 back to 20, crackling is gone, all normal. Should report this in the S1 forum some time.
It's nice that you mentioned it though because I didn't even think about that as a workaround (though someone prolly mentioned it and I just forgot, but I don't remember that one)

sergevoluminous wrote:I stopped using it because of that problem and have been using the AI version of Cubase that came with my interface ever since. This is the first I've heard of anyone else with this problem and I did tons of searching. I never reported in the form either.
They are aware of some issues. Problem is that it's not across the board. It's just some people. The kontakt issue was the deal sealer for me not using it.

I'm tired of being a host ho :cry:

hibidy wrote: I'm tired of being a host ho :cry:
lol.. I feel you. Trust me. Choose 1 or MAYBE 2 and just settle down.

I'm using S1 and FL studio, the longer I use only one program, the more productive I am. Plain and simple.

stillshaded wrote:
hibidy wrote: I'm tired of being a host ho :cry:
lol.. I feel you. Trust me. Choose 1 or MAYBE 2 and just settle down.

I'm using S1 and FL studio, the longer I use only one program, the more productive I am. Plain and simple.
Agreed. Just in the last year I went from reaper being my number one (solid) to needing more, to hell and back to now where I feel good about things. Live was expensive but I've honestly had more fun with it in the last (I guess about 2 months) than you could possible imagine.....so worth it. For me, S1 was a "ooooo snickers" purchase way back when 2 came out w/o testing it first for VST compatibility (20.11 for "artist, another 99 for the upgrade to producer) So I'm just getting to use it.

Oh yeah, and I fell sucker to YET ANOTHER sonar update.......damn, that's the one I regret. I just fall for it everytime. Total suckerpunch.

I have a stupid question if it's ok.........I have two folders that are not the same content that are somehow linked? can I undo that?

hibidy wrote:Oh yeah, and I fell sucker to YET ANOTHER sonar update.......damn, that's the one I regret. I just fall for it everytime. Total suckerpunch.
this is the first time i haven't just upgraded sonar (since v1) after the mess of x1... s1 is a breath of fresh air in comparison (imo)

dalor wrote:I noticed a strange bug since S1 v1 but I got so used to it it's part of the workflow by now.

Hmmm, OK :)

I haven't tried that, but what I did was to change the driver in settings, say from ASIO to DX or simply to another device, say from M-Audio to Behringer USB and then back to M-Audio and it would be fine afterwards.

To be honest, it didn't happen all the time, just sometimes and I haven't noticed it lately. Perhaps one of the updates or the latest one may have fixed it. I'm getting more and more comfortable with S1 and really like it and find very easy to use.

Interesting - I have this very often too for as long as I can think back. I start S1 and everything sounds just bonkers like CPU was at 666 or something. I usually quit S1, start it again and everything is sweet.
Never reported it since I thought it's something wrong with my system, but now that you mention it and others have it too, I guess we should.

My impression (but never really checked it thoroughly) was, that it happens after I use another Audio software running at a different Audio rate.

I'm using a Firebox with Windows 8 now, before it was Windows 7 and I had the same problem.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

LawrenceF wrote:
FrankT wrote: What reverb is this? And on another note: what do you use to capture vids?
The entirety of the verb / ambient sound on the vocal is an Open Air convo hall + Waves Supertap + Analog Delay.

I use Camtasia for screen recording. If you're on Mac, Screenflow is a much better (much less expensive) alternative.
thanks!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”