Studio One 2.5 Now Available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I always mix at max buffers, 2048, and this was more a mix since the midi file was already done. System is 8 core i7 8gb ram. Basically, a Gateway "gaming system" off-the-shelf from Best Buy.

My system can go pretty far at 256k buffers, which is what I use for playing midi, but I didn't run that project at any lower buffer setting.

I play guitar and bass. Anything over 128 and it's too much latency. In fact, in live 128 is pretty noticeable even at 48k...but live has a bit higher latency than S1/Sonar/Reaper.

Frack, too many hosts

hibidy wrote:I play guitar and bass. Anything over 128 and it's too much latency. In fact, in live 128 is pretty noticeable even at 48k...but live has a bit higher latency than S1/Sonar/Reaper.

Frack, too many hosts
I hear you. I play a little bass myself (very little :hihi:) and tracking bass doesn't (for me, mmv) even bring DAW latency into play, since I use ASIO hardware monitoring for that, with "near zero" latency at any buffer size.

Virtual instruments aside, tracking live instruments with good preamps and ASIO hardware monitoring means that (literally speaking) buffer latency isn't an issue unless you need to monitor through an amp-sim or something, things I don't ever do anyway.

I could record an entire band with my buffers set at 2048, and everyone would have faster cue feeds than with a 128k buffer passing through software.

Can anyone point me in the area of how to disable CC's (10 in this case) from recording every time I do a record pass in midi :x Man, it's annoying!

hibidy wrote:Can anyone point me in the area of how to disable CC's (10 in this case) from recording every time I do a record pass in midi :x Man, it's annoying!
Are you saying "CC 10" or 10 CC's? :hihi:

It should only be recording what your keyboard is transmitting so it must be sending CC10. I'd look for a way to shut it off at the keyboard since the only two midi filters there are for Aftertouch and Program Change.

I have an old Oxygen8 that sends pitch-bend info constantly. Is there a way to block out a CC altogether from an input?

I made a FR about creating a 'composite midi input' where you could create and manage your inputs before they hit the instrument channels, so you can apply arpegiators, LFOs or whatever to the midi and it would be seen by and recorded all as real time midi information. It would be really about the same as how audio inputs are handled right now, maybe instead of an audio mete you could have a midi input 'spectrum' meter that would show midi information transmitting, making it clear if any CC is being output to the DAW. Currently you can put an effect on an audio input itself, so you can write reverb directly to a track. Anyhow I want the same thing for midi, if possible.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I'm really digging the easy comping :) editing layers is a breeze, just feels right too.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:I have an old Oxygen8 that sends pitch-bend info constantly. Is there a way to block out a CC altogether from an input?
Well, sorta. The only two hard coded filters are in prefs for Aftertouch and Program change... however... you can insert VST midi plugs as instruments and play through them to filter incoming data.

It's a bit of a workaround (granted) but, play into a midi track, point that to the instrument rack where the VST midi plug is, do your filtering there, and then use that as the input for a track to record on.

I had a bunch of those at one time but they're no longer on my system. They're midi plugs in VST format but they load as instruments in S1. Kinda the same as using an ARP in S1 but using a midi plug instead.

Try some of these... http://www.niallmoody.com/ndcplugs/ndcmidi.htm

Yeah I do that all the time, just its cumbersome. It would be nice if custom filters could be defined.

braj wrote:I have an old Oxygen8 that sends pitch-bend info constantly. Is there a way to block out a CC altogether from an input?
Ah, I KNEW this keyboard was doing that. I have the same issue with other hosts and people think I'm nuts but it IS the keyboard!

I wonder if something else would do this. I hate to spend money and have to take things back :(

I've had too many issues not to think about it though........I've had issues in reaper, issues in live, issues! If I knew it would be solved......I'd PLUNK for a new one.

I dunno, my O8 does it most definitely, it is a hunk of crap. Try using a different controller for a while and just unplug it. If the issue goes away then you'll know for sure.

hibidy wrote:
Ah, I KNEW this keyboard was doing that. I have the same issue with other hosts and people think I'm nuts but it IS the keyboard!
I had an Oxygen and it did the same thing. M-Audio sucks balls. I hate the feel of their keyboards anyway.

So what are you guys using? I'm very limited at in store items.

I think I can disable certain CC's so that might be a deal. f**k, I was supposed to NOT be spending anymore dough.

They have the akai 61 in stock and on sale but it's kinda big. They have it hooked up so I just got a play on it and it's better than I thought it was. They have a notvation impulse, but it's just 49 keys. Plus the aftertouch feels kinda funny on that.

:roll: Really, honestly, what I need is THIS controller to NOT do that :x

hey hibby if i make ask how is the 2.5 update working on ur system just asking because remember reading studio one was giving u issues before on ur system?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”